Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2013, 09:36   #16
Beacon of light

Re: The Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
They are ignoring the human suffering that their financial constraints cause.
This is because it affects them not one little bit.
You can bet your life if it did affect them, they would have been more action and much less talking.
Just remember all this when they come knocking on your door wanting your vote...it's not so long off........all three main parties are a shower of Fisons.
Eric likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2013, 09:48   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This is because it affects them not one little bit.
You can bet your life if it did affect them, they would have been more action and much less talking.
Just remember all this when they come knocking on your door wanting your vote...it's not so long off........all three main parties are a shower of Fisons.
When I first started out in politics back in the early 60s, people respected Councillor's and their MP, mind you in those days councillors did the job because they wanted to do it and were not paid, payment started when reorganisation came in in around 73 I think. As for MPs well does anybody have any respect for MPs of any persuasion, very little, that's why the turnout at the last GE wasn't much over 60%, and I think you might find its even worse next time around
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 15:02   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well i am shocked i came on site this morning and not one thread about the Budget
woo 1p reduced off beer
26p put on cigs
no fuel increase
well thats you and less saving around 10p on a saturday afternoon ??
Old 21-03-2013, 17:19   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
well thats you and less saving around 10p on a saturday afternoon ??
Each, do you mean Rob
Old 21-03-2013, 17:35   #20
God Member

where did he find 135 billion pounds to give to the banks
Old 21-03-2013, 17:53   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
where did he find 135 billion pounds to give to the banks
You mean you don't know, go and sit on the naughty step with a dunces hat on. Thought you might just have mention that borrowing this month is the lowest for 5 years, was expecting a link from you C'mon
Old 21-03-2013, 17:54   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well i am shocked i came on site this morning and not one thread about the Budget
woo 1p reduced off beer
26p put on cigs
no fuel increase
Sheesh ... I'm old enough to remember the time when a penny off the price of a pint actually meant something

I'm not affected by your budget of course ... ours comes down today; and it's going to be a tory budget. But what struck me is how far off Osbourne's growth projections were. If he made such a mistake in the private sector, he would be out of a job toot sweet. How in hell's name is that loser keeping his job? From afar it seems obvious that he doesn't know what he's doing. From what I can see, you guys won't have recovered from the last recession by the time the next one hits.

Canada has a shortage of skilled workers in health care, IT, building trades ... in fact, all skilled trades: electricians, plumbers, pipe fitters, welders etc. etc. ... Anyone feel up for an adventure?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 17:59   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sheesh ... I'm old enough to remember the time when a penny off the price of a pint actually meant something

I'm not affected by your budget of course ... ours comes down today; and it's going to be a tory budget. But what struck me is how far off Osbourne's growth projections were. If he made such a mistake in the private sector, he would be out of a job toot sweet. How in hell's name is that loser keeping his job? From afar it seems obvious that he doesn't know what he's doing. From what I can see, you guys won't have recovered from the last recession by the time the next one hits.

Canada has a shortage of skilled workers in health care, IT, building trades ... in fact, all skilled trades: electricians, plumbers, pipe fitters, welders etc. etc. ... Anyone feel up for an adventure?
To be honest Eric I was considering doing exactly what you did back in the sixties, but alas I got Married, a few of my mates did take the plunge but can I remember their names can I hell, can even still picture them, but names
Old 21-03-2013, 18:37   #24
Senior Member+

Re: Re: The Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Each, do you mean Rob
Of course
Old 21-03-2013, 18:38   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
If you're canvassing for mass immigration into Canada just be careful - you might just get what you wish for!
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 18:52   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
If you're canvassing for mass immigration into Canada just be careful - you might just get what you wish for!
From what I read, we got Chinese miners in BC and Irish carpenters in Regina ...
Old 21-03-2013, 18:58   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
To be honest Eric I was considering doing exactly what you did back in the sixties, but alas I got Married, a few of my mates did take the plunge but can I remember their names can I hell, can even still picture them, but names
I did, went to london, offered a job, put house up fer sale mid 70s n then wife chickened out.
Old 21-03-2013, 19:07   #28
God Member

Having looked at the budget details again, I just can't see the point of it. It looks like more of what he has been doing since he became Chancellor. Former Canadian P.M. John Diefenbaker, referring to a Liberal cabinet shuffle, remarked, "Same deck; all he (Pearson, I believe) did was add a couple more deuces." Same could be said about O's budget.
Old 22-03-2013, 00:29   #29
God Member

Our budget is in. Nothing much. Not in the area of tax increases or cuts in services. A little tinkering here and there; but the govt. is on track to eliminate the deficit by 2015 by standing pat. But that seems to be the problem, as the opposition parties see it. The deficit is only about 25 billion; and the opposition believe, correctly in my opinion, that stimulating growth will increase tax revenue by more than enough to eliminate the deficit, and, at the same time create jobs and benefit the housing market (and construction trades) and the retail sector. Timid government. We ain't gonna lose nothin' ... and will gain the same amount. Nothing ventured; nothing gained.
Old 22-03-2013, 17:41   #30
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I did, went to london, offered a job, put house up fer sale mid 70s n then wife chickened out.
I did exactly the same in 1974 Cashy.......we were due to go out to Oz and we were all set and I got cold feet and chickened out.
If I were still of working age I would definitely be thinking of deserting the ship.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..