Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2011, 15:08   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

The fair is in ossy!

At whiteash playing fields, off harvey st!, WHY?, its gonna wreck it.... Do they need permission for that?, if so which idiot gave it?
Lorrys starting to park on it already and caravans, it looks a right sight, not to mention Harvey St is getting full off lorrys parking on it.
Old 16-05-2011, 15:19   #2
Full Member+

Re: The fair is in ossy!

Better keep our doors and windows locked!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 15:29   #3
God Member

the road blockage that's been caused isn't the fair peoples fault its the ignorant sods who are parking outside the community center that have dumped their cars directly across from the wagons making it pretty awkward and risky driving down Harvey street.Theses a flipping carpark at the rear they could have used but nope walking a few extra feet isn't an option.I would say the fair people are causing less obstruction than the parents of teh football teams that play there at weekends because at least the fair people arnt double parking

excellent choice of location for the fair i will be definitely taking the kids to it.

the music will most likely be heard even with my windows shut but as long as they dont play justing bieber i can live with it.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 15:56   #4
Full Member+

Didn't mean it from a noise point-of-view, but perhaps I shouldn't tar all our itinerant friends with the same brush.
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:04   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Didn't mean it from a noise point-of-view, but perhaps I shouldn't tar all our itinerant friends with the same brush.
dont get me wrong the sheds getting an extra padlock slapped on it just incase

thats this weeks quota of stereotyping done now whats next on the list of things to do lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 17:55   #6
Resting in Peace

How long is it since the Fair was in Ossy, I can't remember, can't remember it being mentioned on here before either
Old 16-05-2011, 20:14   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I cant believe they are legally setting up on the football fields so what is our wonderful council going to do about the destruction of the playing fields and what is it going to cost the council to repair the damage?

Maybe one of our many councillor members would like to comment
Old 16-05-2011, 20:18   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I cant believe they are legally setting up on the football fields so what is our wonderful council going to do about the destruction of the playing fields and what is it going to cost the council to repair the damage?

Which ward is it in ?
Old 16-05-2011, 20:25   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Which ward is it in ?
Not sure, I would guess at St Andrews.
Old 16-05-2011, 20:49   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Better keep our doors and windows locked!!
from the chavs that hang around the fairs, the gaff lads never were a problem in that respect.
Old 16-05-2011, 21:12   #11

Hope its better than the little bit of a fair we had in the town centre the other weekend
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 21:36   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
from the chavs that hang around the fairs, the gaff lads never were a problem in that respect.
I was thinking the same
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 21:44   #13
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Perhaps you'd like to ask your old mate Peter as it appears to be in his ward and it seems unlikely that a licence has been applied for and granted within 9 days of the new administration.

Technically, he is still Leader of the Council until the AGM on 24th May and presumably has all the answers.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 22:02   #14
God Member

Well said Ken
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 22:04   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Perhaps you'd like to ask your old mate Peter as it appears to be in his ward and it seems unlikely that a licence has been applied for and granted within 9 days of the new administration.

Technically, he is still Leader of the Council until the AGM on 24th May and presumably has all the answers.
Yeh but Ken P.B. speak wi forked Tongue.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..