Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2011, 10:11   #136
Resting in Peace

Re: The glorious leader must live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
The Accrington Observer needs all its stories by Wednesday evenings so some are clearly going to slip through the net until the following week but, as has been pointed out frequently, the paper has damaged its own reputation by becoming Peter Britcliffe's Good News and leaving out much of what may be seen as unfavourable for the Conservatives. To be honest, I was stunned to see the toilet story although I suppose it afforded them the opportunity to put the justification to the public.

I get the Lancashire Telegraph every day and have to say that it takes me longer to read one edition of that than The Observer these days. Shame really, it's our local paper but apart from hundreds of adverts and massive photographs which take up an awful lot of room on the page there is little which doesn't feature some 'good news' quotes from the Leader of the Council and people have wearied of it.

At least the Lancashire Telegraph does at least try to be impartial.
Well I don't know whether your right or wrong on that score because A) I only get the Obs occasionally and never get the telegraph (I have a look see on line)B) seeing I only get info on HBC from this web site which is slightly biased left of centre who knows
Old 26-02-2011, 10:15   #137
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I don't know whether your right or wrong on that score because A) I only get the Obs occasionally and never get the telegraph (I have a look see on line)B) seeing I only get info on HBC from this web site which is slightly biased left of centre who knows
Accrington Web is probably not the best place for a balanced view of HBC and won't be until the Conservatives come out from the shadows and wave to a startled populace.

Which I wish they would.

The LT doesn't pull its punches in giving Labour an equally bad press when they cock up and I think it makes for healthier reading than being shamelessly biased towards one party.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 10:20   #138
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Accrington Web is probably not the best place for a balanced view of HBC and won't be until the Conservatives come out from the shadows and wave to a startled populace.

Which I wish they would.

The LT doesn't pull its punches in giving Labour an equally bad press when they cock up and I think it makes for healthier reading than being shamelessly biased towards one party.
We can only see what will happen if Labour do take control in May, suppose if the shoes is then on the other foot you probably won't complain too much
Old 26-02-2011, 10:22   #139
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
We can only see what will happen if Labour do take control in May, suppose if the shoes is then on the other foot you probably won't complain too much
Fair point matey, but the fact remains that people will grow equally sick of Miles Parkinson's Good News, the difference being that he already knows this.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 10:28   #140
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Fair point matey, but the fact remains that people will grow equally sick of Miles Parkinson's Good News, the difference being that he already knows this.
Its surprising how people change when the medal gets pined on the chest
Old 19-03-2011, 14:34   #141
God Member

Despite all that money, looks like someone ain't been paying their gas bill:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Accrington-Gas...item45f97124a9

Last edited by Tealeaf; 19-03-2011 at 14:42.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 17:29   #142
Resting in Peace

Something amused me when I read the Obs this aft, a letter purporting to be from a good friend of PB, never knew he was big buddies with disgraced Labour MP Harry Cohen, wonder how many more erroneous letters we'll see, before May, smacks of desperation to me
Old 25-03-2011, 09:58   #143
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I gather from opinion that he isn't popular, but surely he's not as bad as this Councillor ? Whose obviously got a huge appetite & a large family !

Council chief agreed 'gagging orders' costing £520,000 - Telegraph
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..