Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2008, 08:47   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Angry The heat is on!!

Gas prices could rise by almost 70%, with the average bill hitting £1,000 a year, it is being warned.
It also predicts electricity bills will increase sharply because of the use of gas for power generation.

If thats the case then it looks like a lot of people especially poor people are the ones who are gonna suffer.....typical!!

Theres no way im paying stupid pathetic prices for my energy....NO BLOODY WAY.....they are greedy selfish huge profit making *******!!
Old 18-07-2008, 09:10   #2
God Member

Re: The heat is on!!

There are signs that this may make coal mining economically viable again.
We have plenty of that still unmined in Uk.
Whether or not it will happen depends a lot on whether we will have to stick rigidly to carbon emissions targets, and whether new coal fired power stations will be allowed to be built.
It seems illogical not to use coal, when it comes down to 'heat or eat' we may have to.
Perhaps the reduction in car use will compensate for the emissions from coal fired generation of electricity - I am not an expert - just clutching at straws

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 09:38   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There are signs that this may make coal mining economically viable again.
We have plenty of that still unmined in Uk.
Whether or not it will happen depends a lot on whether we will have to stick rigidly to carbon emissions targets, and whether new coal fired power stations will be allowed to be built.
Some companies want to build them Margaret.

Plans for new coal plants under fire | Environment | The Observer
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 10:33   #4
Resting in Peace

Theres no way im paying stupid pathetic prices for my energy....NO BLOODY WAY.....they are greedy selfish huge profit making *******!!

Stop beating about the bush and say what you really mean.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 11:59   #5
God Member

We need some more nuclear power stations!
Old 18-07-2008, 12:05   #6
God Member

yep, and wind farms

Its getting to teh point that personal wind turbines might become viable for people

heh, I wonder if you could fix up all teh exercise bikes in gyms teh world over to generators so all thet energy is transformed into something useful!

Mmmmm get a couple of home wind turbines, modify the blades to pedals and get teh overweight kids to sit there at night pedalling away to be able to watch TV, Obesity wiped out at a stroke!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 12:21   #7
God Member

lol could you imagine if the tories got in and had to reopen coal mines

thatcher would be spitting blood

all this energy crisis could be avoided if the arabs produced more oil but they wont because as long as china is forcing a demand for it the prices will continue to rocket and they reap the extra money from having people need more than what is available

simple solution is to use alternative fuels like coal and nuclear and ****** the arabs up ,until we come up with an alternative to pretol and diesel we are sat the mercy of the middle east and the oil tycoons

having said that it would be a great help if the greedy govenment didnt tax fuel so heavily and that is somthing both the conservitves and the labour lot are just as guilty as each other on infact both of them have screwed the nation on everthing that is essential like fuel , gas , food etc

i pesonaly feel that we pay so much tax to pay for wars abroad and handouts to immigrants , this country cant afford to subsiside other countries people or solve other countries problem and the govenment shoud tighten up its belt not us tighten up ours so they can continue to give to other countries , we have pensioners dying in winter time because they are affraid to put teh heating on yet the govenment sends out child benefit to children abroad who are not uk citizens but happen to have a dad that works in the uk

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..