Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2014, 13:13   #16
Senior Member+

Re: The Labour Gravy Train

UK opposition leader falls for Zionist propaganda | Redress Information & Analysis

This is typical of Ed Milliband and his desperation to become prime minister to jump on any bandwagon.
"I'm pro Israeli but im also pro -Palestine".
He will tell people whatever they want to hear so long as he gets power.
The man is an embarrassment.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2014, 13:17   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
would you try and put your key players in seats you know they will win?
He is not a key player.
His parents are key funder's and have the right connections.
A similar event happened around the corner in Liverpool Wavertree.
They elected a young girl who's parents are big donors and members of the influential Labour's friends of Israel.

The Labour party laugh at their core vote and their core vote allow them to.
They have themselves to blame.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 13:26   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
UK opposition leader falls for Zionist propaganda | Redress Information & Analysis

This is typical of Ed Milliband and his desperation to become prime minister to jump on any bandwagon.
"I'm pro Israeli but im also pro -Palestine".
He will tell people whatever they want to hear so long as he gets power.
The man is an embarrassment.
His parents were Polish jews, and he met with long lost relatives on the trip to Israel.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 15:53   #19
JCB

Would someone please tell me the exact words of Graham Jones regarding an EU referendum ?

This topic has cropped up very often when some on Accy Web want to have a go at Graham Jones but I have never been able to find out what he actually said .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 16:24   #20
Beacon of light

It was something that had 95% in it.
Less likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 16:58   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It was something that had 95% in it.

it was worse than that and to be honest i cant be arsed trawling through the site looking to quote him again but some of it is still here if it hasnt been requested to be removed that is

his remarks were also taken from his facebook or twitter so probbably removed now but plenty saw them if they arnt there

all you need to know is he said he would back our right to have a vote on the referendum and within a matter of weeks after been elected by many who want a referendum he voted to deny our right to have a referendum.It then took a further many weeks for him to dish out some half arsed eplination as to why when people on the site he visited so much running up to election time wanted answers from him but suddenly he wasnt around so much he was busy snuggling up to milliband

no offence but look in the forum yourself all you have to do is click his username on here and view all his posts ..Thats if you can stomach the bull and drivel you have to wade through to get to it.
DAV007 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 13-04-2014 at 17:03.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:07   #22
God Member

It's the same the whole world over ... remember the song? Thing about democracies is that they aren't as blatant about troughing as, let's say, the shoe lady from the Philippines and her old man. But there is little chance that MPs will vote money out of their pockets by limiting their salaries and cutting back on their expenses. Best thing I can say about Canada's parliament is that most of the crooks are tories, go figure, eh. And our Labour party is still definitely to the left of centre. And in Kingston we do have a decent MP ... Ted Hsu, a Liberal, born and raised in Kingston. But I still wonder if he will change when the Liberals form the government.

Maybe things might change if there were a proportional voting system, and annual parliaments. But, as Yoda would say, "my breath I am holding not."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:13   #23
God Member

its just a pitty it takes 5 years to sling a MP out

a MP can betray his people teh day after election and you have to wait 5 years to get the sod out

i doubt he would have pulled the same trick a few weeks BEFORE an election

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:36   #24
Beacon of light

Democracy is a myth. I think that is why many people are disillusioned with voting.
Whoever you vote for, you get the same old crap.
If you feel that your vote means nothing, will change nothing,then just what is the point?
Politicians only want to tell us what they think is good for us.....they treat us like five year olds....I really resent that.
They treat us like we only have two brain cells....one of which is on inhibitory mode!
Old 13-04-2014, 18:20   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Democracy is a myth. I think that is why many people are disillusioned with voting.
Whoever you vote for, you get the same old crap.
If you feel that your vote means nothing, will change nothing,then just what is the point?
Politicians only want to tell us what they think is good for us.....they treat us like five year olds....I really resent that.
They treat us like we only have two brain cells....one of which is on inhibitory mode!
Good to see you've not strayed from your political compass M.
I don't know why but, whenever I read your posts I find myself reciting them in the voice of a early baroness trumpington

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 18:32   #26
Senior Member+

Anyone want to see David camo sectioned?

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition..._recruit#share

password--Accyweb
Old 13-04-2014, 18:46   #27
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Good to see you've not strayed from your political compass M.
I don't know why but, whenever I read your posts I find myself reciting them in the voice of a early baroness trumpington
And so you should young man...she's my role model!
Old 13-04-2014, 18:56   #28
God Member

Quote:
...she's my role model!
And here's me a thinkin' it was Ena Sharples
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 19:06   #29
Beacon of light

Eric, Baroness Trumpington is her own woman...yes she's conservative and in that way we differ, but she has had a very full and interesting life...a code breaker at Bletchley Park during WW2...she calls a spade a spade and she is infamous for giving one of her colleagues in the House of Lords a two finger salute.....not something you would expect from a ninety year old.(not something I would do either) She is true to herself.
So that is what I am going to aim for......except I am conservative with a small c(and that isn't anything rude).
Ena Sharples was a formidable woman too...I just haven't got the chesticles for it
Old 13-04-2014, 21:06   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Eric, Baroness Trumpington is her own woman...yes she's conservative and in that way we differ, but she has had a very full and interesting life...a code breaker at Bletchley Park during WW2...she calls a spade a spade and she is infamous for giving one of her colleagues in the House of Lords a two finger salute.....not something you would expect from a ninety year old.(not something I would do either) She is true to herself.
So that is what I am going to aim for......except I am conservative with a small c(and that isn't anything rude).
Ena Sharples was a formidable woman too...I just haven't got the chesticles for it
She's certainly got her head screwed on M, having worked at Bletchley Park during WWII (very appreciative).
Her gesture was something I'd personally like to see more of in the Houses of Parliament.It originated from old battles between England and France, where English archers had their two fingers chopped off if caught by the French, so the English used to display this sign to the French as a derogatory gesture

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..