Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2014, 21:13   #1
Senior Member+

The Labour Gravy Train

Neil Kinnock's son selected as Labour candidate for Aberavon | Politics | theguardian.com

After mummy and Daddy lived off the EU gravy train, now young Stephen has used the name and contacts to get a safe seat.

This shows the hypocrisy of Labour for accusing the conservatives of Eton bias, at least its not family bias!
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2014, 18:15   #2
God Member

Re: The Labour Gravy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Neil Kinnock's son selected as Labour candidate for Aberavon | Politics | theguardian.com

After mummy and Daddy lived off the EU gravy train, now young Stephen has used the name and contacts to get a safe seat.

This shows the hypocrisy of Labour for accusing the conservatives of Eton bias, at least its not family bias!

They all pee in the same pot, regardless of political colours
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:33   #3
Senior Member+

I went to a book store today, and asked for a book on how to make tasteless gravy.

"It's out of stock." Said the assistant

"That's the one." I replied
Eric, maxthecollie and Lucysgirl like this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 16:44   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They all pee in the same pot, regardless of political colours

and the red ones that used to be the party for the people now miss the pot completely and pee directly on us especially that one that ( and i use the following phrase very loosley) represents us
BERNADETTE likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 18:00   #5
Full Member+

It's no wonder there's a low turn out on polling day, young people in general know nothing about politics because all they've ever known is pretty much the same party all their lives, whether it be Labour or Tory (what's the difference?). It's the old boys network and nothing much benefits the working class anyway. There seems to be an apathy with people who think whoever you vote for nothing changes anyway. The gravy train keeps on rolling and if you happen to be crossing the tracks then your gonna get squashed.
Old 11-04-2014, 19:06   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its certainly not just young uns that know nowt,westendlass, Theres plenty of owd gets like me, that voted fer donkeys years, have come to that conclusion, N it aint guesswork, its been demonstrated time n time again by all the big parties. From my perspective they can all get stuffed.
Eric, BERNADETTE and westendlass like this.
Old 11-04-2014, 19:45   #7
Senior Member+

Tony Blair's eldest son Euan in the frame for safe Labour seat in Bootle - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

War mongers son wants to get on the Labour gravy train.

Labour are disgusting.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 19:59   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Tony Blair's eldest son Euan in the frame for safe Labour seat in Bootle - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Labour are disgusting.
You are Davo,if yeh think only Labour are.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:14   #9
God Member

in the UK if you are a con-man or a theif you are a criminal

unless you are a member of parliament of course because then you are a pretty good fellow

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 12-04-2014, 19:34   #10

Remember when Kinnock refused to enter the House of Lords for The Queen's Speech ? Where is he now ?

Baron Kinnock, of Bedwellty in the County of Gwent
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 10:23   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

Labour are disgusting.
Why does that make them disgusting?
If you led a political party would you let luck decide who you had in government or would you try and put your key players in seats you know they will win?
Old 13-04-2014, 10:37   #12
Beacon of light

I think it is the nepotism that he finds disgusting Neil.
And there is nothing wrong in putting the 'best man for the job' into these safe seats, but there is something wrong with putting your son forward for a safe seat.
How has this young man proved himself to be worthy of the votes of the people of this constituency?
This young man has led a life of privilege and I suspect knows very little of the realities of life in Bootle.
What it says about the people of Bootle, is that they will vote for anyone or anything that wears a Labour jacket. I find that distasteful.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 11:17   #13
Full Member+

Quote:

Labour are disgusting.
Well, it's been a smooth and lucrative ride for his mum and dad, he must have developed a taste for the gravy.
Old 13-04-2014, 12:55   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What it says about the people of Bootle, is that they will vote for anyone or anything that wears a Labour jacket. I find that distasteful.
and if jones gets in after what he did to the people of hyndburn it will say the same about us

a liar that not only stabbed the people of his own town in the back over the referendum but had the audacity to say we were too stupid to understand the complexity of the EU to have a say on if we stay in it or leave it

i find graham jones distastefull after that but admitidly he was barely palletable as a councilor

i want a MP that will fight for all our rights not just the ones his party leader thinks we should have

Old 13-04-2014, 13:10   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
and if jones gets in after what he did to the people of hyndburn it will say the same about us

a liar that not only stabbed the people of his own town in the back over the referendum but had the audacity to say we were too stupid to understand the complexity of the EU to have a say on if we stay in it or leave it

i find graham jones distastefull after that but admitidly he was barely palletable as a councilor

i want a MP that will fight for all our rights not just the ones his party leader thinks we should have
Yes, of course you are right about that.
Though at least he knows what the local issues are(that he ignores them, is just to keep the leadership warm).
In fact, I think it is more despicable for an MP who knows the area to do what he did.
He said one thing, but did another.......and tried to justify this by denigating the local electorate.
I think that when a local MP makes such sweeping generalisations about his constituents, it shows how little he values them - and their votes.

I think he has alienated a lot of people in the town, but there will still be some who vote for him purely because he is under the Labour flag. I will not be one of them.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
Less and accyman like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 13-04-2014 at 13:13.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..