Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 17:54   #1

The Labour Party and Ilyas Khan

Has anyone else heard that Ilyas Khan is a big supporter of the Labour Party and was a Significant backer of the Hyndburn Labour Group in this year's elections?
Footy Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2010, 17:58   #2
God Member

Re: The Labour Party and Ilyas Khan

It's been well documented Ilyas has supported Labour in the campaign. How he does it and why he does it is surely his own business, not sure why he should be singled out ?
Old 07-05-2010, 18:00   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy Nut View Post
Has anyone else heard that Ilyas Khan is a big supporter of the Labour Party and was a Significant backer of the Hyndburn Labour Group in this year's elections?
Ilyas appeared in one of Graham Jones' leaflets leading up to the election, showing his support. It's not exactly a dirty rumour, is it.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 18:09   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

So what? whats yer point?
Old 07-05-2010, 18:32   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So what? whats yer point?
Give him a break, (stirring little toe rag), he's only been on accyweb for 4 posts, knows nowt yet. But he will learn, one way or the other.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 18:42   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Give him a break, (stirring little toe rag), he's only been on accyweb for 4 posts, knows nowt yet. But he will learn, one way or the other.
Reasonable question, want to know were the threads going?
Old 07-05-2010, 18:45   #7

I had heard that Ilyas Khan had also been a financial backer for the Hyndburn party in addition to his other support, so I was just asking.
Footy Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 18:45   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Reasonable question, want to know were the threads going?
Yep and I thought I was helping stir the pot.
Old 07-05-2010, 18:46   #9

Quote:
I had heard that Ilyas Khan had also been a financial backer for the Hyndburn party in addition to his other support, so I was just asking.
Hearing and repeating is just a rumour, grow up and bring fact's next time.
Old 07-05-2010, 18:47   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
think most around here are well aware of that, does it make a differance to ya or what? football n politics were always seperate entitys to me,
Old 07-05-2010, 18:52   #11

Quote:

Hey, cashy how come we never get invited to this 'Hyndburn' Party?

Old 07-05-2010, 18:53   #12

good evening footy mad. i am assuming you must be a regular on the asfc site.

i dont quite know where your question was going, but I am pleased that i can answer directly. If you are not aware already, Expatriate is my log in (Ilyas Khan).

I am a long time supporter of the Labour Party. I first started going out with the totally awesome Arthur Davidson in the 70's. I was really keen to help the Party where and when possible, and I have had a great time on the few occasions I was able to get upto to Hyndburn and help Graham's efforts.

On the financial side, as you probably are aware, the local party, indeed nationally the labour party was outspent by a massive margin, and its no secret that I was very pleased, in my own small way, to contribute to the financing of the Hyndburn campaign. No secrets there.

If you have any other questions, please ask away. You can also PM me if you wish. I hope you get across to the crown ground next season, waving the other red flag !
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 18:54   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Mate, I give money to the Dogs home & the local boozer, but no one questions my actions Why should Ilyas be any different if he wants to give his wad away that's his choice ! Don't read so much into it & in answer to your question, obviously quite a few people are aware.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 18:58   #14
God Member

Hey Ilyas....good to see you on this part of the site as well as the Stanley bit!

(Thats one Expat in London to another!)
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 19:02   #15

hello TL. Good to hear from you. I dont think I have posted outside the stanley board, but obviously given the proximity of the election this part of the board must have been active so when i found out that the question had been asked, I thought i would answer rather than leave it. I was at the count last night and a couple of people did want to chat about stanley rather than the election !!

i am on the train back to London. the pendolino with wifi is brilliant - although i had planned to take a bit of a kip.

are you going to cheltenham tomorrow ?
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..