Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2011, 17:58   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: The Leader's Budget

Just a little wonder, but I've a very serious complaint to put to Councillor Moss, I really thing he should have issued a warning on here, he knows there are people in poor health who can't stand shocks. There's me gets hold of the Obs my daughter dropped of for me and I'm quietly thumbing through the pages, when I nearly swallowed mi false teeth, right out of the blue there's this picture of one of the Leader of the Council in RISHTON not only that but on the very same photo is our Mossy, I couldn't believe it, gave me a real shock, Ken you could at least have PMd me with a warning
Old 25-02-2011, 17:59   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Maybe he should invest in a pair of wellingtons to compete with the dashing Leader of the Opposition.
I somehow don't think we would have got Peter there would we.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 18:33   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I somehow don't think we would have got Peter there would we.
Well it never harmed you Bernard
Old 26-02-2011, 08:11   #19
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just a little wonder, but I've a very serious complaint to put to Councillor Moss, I really thing he should have issued a warning on here, he knows there are people in poor health who can't stand shocks. There's me gets hold of the Obs my daughter dropped of for me and I'm quietly thumbing through the pages, when I nearly swallowed mi false teeth, right out of the blue there's this picture of one of the Leader of the Council in RISHTON not only that but on the very same photo is our Mossy, I couldn't believe it, gave me a real shock, Ken you could at least have PMd me with a warning
I couldn't quite believe it myself, it wasn't supposed to be publicised on orders from the Bishop and even though there were about six photographers there on the night they still managed to find a picture of me with my eyes shut.

On occasions like these I'm willing to swallow my pride because the end justified the means and those poor Scouts are now warm again thanks to a new heating system, something which hadn't been upgraded for 63 years.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 08:18   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I couldn't quite believe it myself, it wasn't supposed to be publicised on orders from the Bishop and even though there were about six photographers there on the night they still managed to find a picture of me with my eyes shut.

On occasions like these I'm willing to swallow my pride because the end justified the means and those poor Scouts are now warm again thanks to a new heating system, something which hadn't been upgraded for 63 years.
63 years of mixed party....

Oh, you know the rest.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 08:38   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
those poor Scouts are now warm again thanks to a new heating system
What happened to initiative?

Rubbing two sticks together?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 08:51   #22
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What happened to initiative?

Rubbing two sticks together?

I know, they don't even say 'dib dib dib' these days.

Also, which I found slightly distressing, there is now a 'Public Relations' badge but nothing for 'Home Help' as there was in my day. At least there isn't a 'Social Networking' badge though, so that's something.

Good activity for the kids though, I'd be encouraging mine to join up if I had any.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..