Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 00:47   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The New Waterside Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
you feeling ok cashy
hey thats me spug, i can agree wi torys even. but mostly i don't, i even agree wi jambutty n blazey sometimes.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:50   #32
God Member

I think they look nice but they aren't an investment really, and as the majority of those 1 bed apartments would be targeting young professionals who are desperate to get on the property ladder, it just doesn't seem like a realistic option still... which is a shame. No point getting on the property ladder if you aren't going to be able to sell up in a few years time when your settling down and make a profit.

That's my opinion anyway.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:56   #33
God Member

these remind me of the new houses that were built where wrist wires used to be , they were advertised as oswaldtwistle to justify the huge prices but lets face it they arnt oswaldtwistle as wrist wires wasnt , also despite been advertised as oswaldtwistle all you have to do is cross the road and your smack bang in the crappy area

these new buldings are the same story , over priced and located in a crap area infact lets be honest about it they arnt worth the money because they are in the asian area as everyone seems to be tip-toeing around

at least you dont have to wory about asians moving in and bringing down the value of them as the asians are already your neighbours and what makes it worse is that on the other side you have the belfield road area which is a mixture of all sorts from chavs,asians,checz and polish

the best thinig they could have done would be to have built in the middle of the resevoir thus providing a moat to protect them from what surrounds them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:17   #34
God Member

They built the apartments in the hope of turning a nice profit and maybe for young professionals but can these people really afford them? A lot of building firms have hosing stock they cant sell and that looks bad on the books. Ok there will always be someone with a large wad to spend but the canny ones will wait to see if prices crash further.

The "are they arnt they in Ossy" debate may bimble on but sadly those houses look no better than prefabs. With about as much effort to make them robust as i takes me to make a brew they aint up to much. A basic stone shell with a plasterboard interior because they are of the chuck em up quick kind. In my opinion better of with an ex council house one or a solid terrace.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:24   #35
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
these new buldings are the same story , over priced and located in a crap area infact lets be honest about it they arnt worth the money because they are in the asian area as everyone seems to be tip-toeing around
They aren't in any 'area' though are they? They are closer to non-residential properties than anything else. It's the same with the Lar-de-dars development and the old Cannon St church. Most of what is round there is non-residential, apart from the few houses on Paradise St and Eagle St, but thanks to the new developments that's changing.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:28   #36
God Member

i know that area very well and can tell you that the back alley of belfield road leads directly to the lodge behind them

i would fit extra security and electrify the perimiter before i lived in one of those lol

seriously what sort of moron puts so called luxuray appartments right next door to the area with the highest crime rate in the area

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-07-2008 at 07:31.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:32   #37
God Member

What's wrong with living near an asian area? I have a few friends who live in the Blackburn Road area near blockbusters and toppings and there is a great sense of community in those areas.

Oswaldtwistle certainly isn't all its cracked up to be anyway, and anyone who lives here will be fully aware of that! I much preferred living in that 'crappy' area of Springhill as you so quaintly put it, at least it had character!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:38   #38
Resident Waffler

Well I live in Willows Lane with a mix of ethnicity of neighbours. It's far from 'crappy' here. The worst neighbours we ever had were the lads in their late teens early twenties who rented the house next door and trashed it. The house was bought by an Asian gentleman and he has made it beautiful.

If there's one thing that irritates me it is this stereotyping of people. A friend of mine used to live in Bellfield Rd and she was not a criminal.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:38   #39
God Member

couldnt edit my last post:

remember the old auction house just down the road from these flats and the old cinema that got turned into flats down near king street

both these buildings were converted as luxury flats and ended up with the dregs of acrington in them , i just hope some poor sod dosnt pay a fortune for one of these apartments and finds himself surrounded by god knows what because hyndburn homes or somtinig bought up what didnt sell and rent them out

a similar thing happened on a close in accrington where decent people bought new houses but because of a slump in the market some properties were sold off cheaper to assosiations who then rented out to anyone resulting in the poor sods who bought their houses been stuck with crappy neighbours and devalued properties

Old 09-07-2008, 07:40   #40
Resident Waffler

I know the old auction house one and it was always grim from the outset. It NEVER looked like luxury appartments from the outside. It has always looked like a job done on the cheap.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:46   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
What's wrong with living near an asian area? I have a few friends who live in the Blackburn Road area near blockbusters and toppings and there is a great sense of community in those areas.

Oswaldtwistle certainly isn't all its cracked up to be anyway, and anyone who lives here will be fully aware of that! I much preferred living in that 'crappy' area of Springhill as you so quaintly put it, at least it had character!

didnt say there was anything wrong with living near an asian area but just like the majority of people i would prefer to buy a property away from asians especialy if i was spending that much money,you be as PC as you like but in the real world if people can afford not to be in an asian area they generaly dont be in an asian area and thats mainly because asian areas are run down

dont wory though this argument will be irrelivant when you pass your exams and get a job which will pay for your nice house in its suburben area away from the asian areas you love so much

Old 09-07-2008, 07:50   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

If there's one thing that irritates me it is this stereotyping of people. A friend of mine used to live in Bellfield Rd and she was not a criminal.
so you are honestly saying that the belfield road area is a great place that isnt full of theives , drug dealers and has a low crime rate ?

sorry willow but a handfull of decent people does not make a good area and i notice how you said your friend moved , well she probably moved because of the same reasons i did , drug dealers, been burgled 3 times in 6 months and dirty nappies in the street

i am refering to the lower end of belifield road the top part which is an ex council estate is actualy pretty quiet

Last edited by accyman; 09-07-2008 at 07:53.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:08   #43
Resident Waffler

Actually she moved because she was downsizing. She had a large detached house up there and no longer needed so many bedrooms so she moved to a smaller one - on Higher Antley Street which you would probably describe as an Asian area.

So what would you do if you bought your posh house in a posh area and an Asian doctor or lawyer moved in next door?

Old 09-07-2008, 08:23   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
dont wory though this argument will be irrelivant when you pass your exams and get a job which will pay for your nice house in its suburben area away from the asian areas you love so much
Its a case of if she passes her exams and wether there will be a job there to walk into. Mite be a case that blazey becomes so rich that she buys houses and creates a mini empire of her own for them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:30   #45
Resident Waffler

Maybe she'll build some more luxury apartments in Accrington.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..