Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 08:44   #46
God Member

Re: The New Waterside Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Maybe she'll build some more luxury apartments in Accrington.
That would be bonkers the town is in a mess with little spare cash. Start with basic housing people can afford before catering for the belief that there are people with the cash to buy swauve apartments in the town.

Besides a housing development billed as "The latest in modern housing in town from the Blazey Builders Ltd" dosnt have a ring to it or inspire confidence.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2008, 08:50   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
So what would you do if you bought your posh house in a posh area and an Asian doctor or lawyer moved in next door?
Feel lucky and hope both moved in. Always going to need a doctor and lawyers are always handy. Do we get an Indian chief as well????

Its when people move out and are so desperate to leave that the prices tumble and Asians move in. The laws of economics at work.

Now I am going to before or happens.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:09   #48
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

Oswaldtwistle certainly isn't all its cracked up to be anyway, and anyone who lives here will be fully aware of that!
Nowt wrong with ossy , i lived here all my life, its a lot better than some areas thats for sure....but will admit some areas are getting 'crappy'
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I much preferred living in that 'crappy' area of Springhill as you so quaintly put it, at least it had character!
Why did ya move then?......emmm oh yeh, i remember now!!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:42   #49
God Member

According to last nights Telegraph a young girl was raped near the lodge at the side of these flats. Sure to put any prospective single women off if security isn't high spec
Old 09-07-2008, 10:03   #50
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
According to last nights Telegraph a young girl was raped near the lodge at the side of these flats. Sure to put any prospective single women off if security isn't high spec
Yeh read about that, wasnt he only 15?

disgusting
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06   #51
Resident Waffler

The entrance to the apartments is on the side away from the lodge isn't it? Hopefully when they are occupied it won't seem like such an ideal place for creeps like that 15 year old.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:11   #52
God Member

Yes they were both fifteen Panther
Old 09-07-2008, 10:11   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Besides a housing development billed as "The latest in modern housing in town from the Blazey Builders Ltd" dosnt have a ring to it or inspire confidence.
You can imagine the company motto, no foundations and millions of storeys
Old 09-07-2008, 11:56   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Feel lucky and hope both moved in. Always going to need a doctor and lawyers are always handy. Do we get an Indian chief as well????

Its when people move out and are so desperate to leave that the prices tumble and Asians move in. The laws of economics at work.

Now I am going to before or happens.
Running Bear or Sitting Bull
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 21:46   #55
Senior Member+

I don't think the problem is price of lack of buyers Blazey. People want them but no mortgage valuer will value them at the selling price even though the buyer wants to pay the selling price. At the moment they can't be sold because of that conundrum unless a 100% cash buyer come forward.

I agree Willow. The entrance is on St James Street and it is a gated community so it is very safe. I really like them and whilst £110k for a two bedroom seems a lot to me, looking around comparatively there is huge potential for uplift and a good investment.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 23:58   #56
Give, give, give member

When I moved back here from London, via Glasgow, I expected to find some of the old industrial buildings converted into lofts, which has happened in much of the country, or at least well designed modern apartment blocks. Sadly I found neither.

I'd certainly have gone to look at these apartments.

As for the price, they are similar to some terraced houses in the borough, and don't seem extortionate.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..