Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 12:02   #1
Resident Waffler

The New Waterside Apartments

The apartments are now up for sale starting at less than £80,000. What they fail to point out is that there's only one at that price and it's a one bedroom flat on the 4th floor. You also need to pay an extra £5,000 for a space to park your car (or £7,500 for indoor parking). There are 5 other flats under £100,000 the rest range from £103,000 to over £140,000 plus the car parking.

I'd have liked the website (here) to have shown more images of the interiors.

Do you think it's a reasonable price to pay for a one bedroom flat next to Scaitcliffe House?

Incidentally, the Observer doesn't seem to be all that clear where Scaitcliffe House is judging by the photo on page 5.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2007, 12:10   #2
God Member

Re: The New Waterside Apartments

Is there any mention of the annual (average) service charge for these flats? I know here in Wapping the charge varies between 5 and 15 grand a year, which includes concierge, security, cleaning and sinking fund. I would guess that it would be somewhat less in Accy, but still not inconsiderable.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 15:51   #3
Give, give, give member

There was a thread last week about this development.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ent-33216.html

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 15:58   #4
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There was a thread last week about this development.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ent-33216.html
Ooops, hadn't seen that. With having been away for weeks I'm out of touch with what's been posted.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:41   #5
God Member

I wonder how these are selling. I noticed some more building work going on around there the other day - looks like they are only two storey though, are these more homes or for businesses? Anyone know?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:50   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I wonder how these are selling. I noticed some more building work going on around there the other day - looks like they are only two storey though, are these more homes or for businesses? Anyone know?
Could be they're homes for councillors so the can keep on the job Gayle
Old 02-07-2008, 10:56   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

They look nice, but dont think they look right in the place they are at!
not much of a view either
Old 02-07-2008, 11:06   #8

Thay not being sold now they actuly up for rent becouse no one wants to buy them becouse of the locantion.
Nori Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 13:06   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori Brick View Post
Thay not being sold now they actuly up for rent becouse no one wants to buy them becouse of the locantion.

It's not the location it's the state of the market. Ask any Estate agent, the market is flat ...
archiveuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 15:05   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
The apartments are now up for sale starting at less than £80,000. What they fail to point out is that there's only one at that price and it's a one bedroom flat on the 4th floor. You also need to pay an extra £5,000 for a space to park your car (or £7,500 for indoor parking). There are 5 other flats under £100,000 the rest range from £103,000 to over £140,000 plus the car parking.

I'd have liked the website (here) to have shown more images of the interiors.

Do you think it's a reasonable price to pay for a one bedroom flat next to Scaitcliffe House?

Incidentally, the Observer doesn't seem to be all that clear where Scaitcliffe House is judging by the photo on page 5.
Many businesses hide the facts very well in the small print willow, have been for years, terms and conditions etc have been fairly important over the years, as have 'hidden extras', but never more so than now. I wont name names, but many very big companies use t's and c's to thier fullest advantage, with the usual culprit paying up!
Old 02-07-2008, 16:01   #11

The other building work is for units.........haven't seen a to let sign up tho and I go down there most mornings, will have a look tomorrow.........not like me to miss something
Old 02-07-2008, 18:43   #12
God Member

For what are described as exclusive quality, the kitchens and bathrooms look pretty basic to me.

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra..../THEWA/14889/2
Old 03-07-2008, 11:49   #13

give them 4 maybe 5 years an they will start to sink becouse they are built on a mill pound. that is one of the resons why none wants to buy them + the price is too high and the water side veiw is of a dead poluted fishing loged.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:06   #14
Senior Member+

I was talking to Jack's nan who has been up here in Accrington most of her life (although she is from Kent, as i am) and she said when she first came up here the spot that these 'apartments' are built was a mine.......no-one else has mentioned this.Is she mistaken or is it just forgotten/not being talked about?
Obviously the foundations would have been checked etc but still.......i wouldn't move in even if they gave me one for nowt, knowing this.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:44   #15

I'v been told this myself but I don't know its true or not, my family have been here for meny years so i can find out if its true or not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..