Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 09:10   #16
God Member

Re: The next five years

Ok Margaret there will always be a few people claiming benefits that maybe shafting the system but that does not justify a wholesale reduction on benefits, and lets be clear there will be no increase for those you say are in need, the Tories will squeeze all incomes of the less well off.. ALL.
As far as immigrants coming here simply to claim benifits you are sick of hearing about families that get large houses,cars and all the mod cons... can I ask you how many immigrant families you know of personally that do this?.. that is apart from those reported in the Sun or Daily Mail?... I do not believe whole families travel half way across the world for the sake of a few quid.
The Tories make no distinction of where you come from or where you have been.. they will lower the living standards of the poor but maintain the standards of the wealthy..when they say we have to make sacrifices you can be sure it will not be the rich that pay.. that is certain.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2010, 09:24   #17
God Member

Our new chancellor attended a recent meeting in Dublin of the Bildeburgers.
He now has his instructions

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:37   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
No worries.. massive cuts Education.. massive cuts in the NHS.. all hail the new Tory Government and God help us all
Mancie, 5 years, I don't think so. Sit back and watch it unravel. We're not throwing any posters away by the way. We think they might be needed in the not to distant future.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:44   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Mancie, 5 years, I don't think so. Sit back and watch it unravel. We're not throwing any posters away by the way. We think they might be needed in the not to distant future.
Ah Robert Owen speaks
Old 12-05-2010, 09:49   #20
Beacon of light

Quote:
Ok Margaret there will always be a few people claiming benefits that maybe shafting the system but that does not justify a wholesale reduction on benefits, and lets be clear there will be no increase for those you say are in need, the Tories will squeeze all incomes of the less well off.. ALL.
As far as immigrants coming here simply to claim benifits you are sick of hearing about families that get large houses,cars and all the mod cons... can I ask you how many immigrant families you know of personally that do this?.. that is apart from those reported in the Sun or Daily Mail?... I do not believe whole families travel half way across the world for the sake of a few quid.
The Tories make no distinction of where you come from or where you have been.. they will lower the living standards of the poor but maintain the standards of the wealthy..when they say we have to make sacrifices you can be sure it will not be the rich that pay.. that is certain.
There are more than just a few people claiming benefits....there are whole communities where there are very few working families......Knowsley has an area that is benefits dependent......and Rochdale has areas that are maintained by the benefits system......as for your question on how many people do I know who are immigrants and claiming for a big house etc, etc.......well the answer is that I personally do not know any, but the fact that they exist......and they have been in more papers than just the Sun and the Daily Mail...is a travesty.

Take Asylum Seekers for instance.....if their lives are in danger then I agree that they should be given asylum in the first country they reach that will accommodate them....so how come they all want to move to the UK....the answer is the slack benefits system....they know they can come here and every need will be accounted for........without them having put a penny into the pot that pays them out......in fact, as an asylum seeker you cannot work or pay taxes until you have been given refugee status.
The english taxpayer is being milked dry...and it is time for someone to step up to the plate and shake up the system so that it supports those who need support, but not those who can work, but don't want to...because benefits are more lucrative.

Mancie, don't tell me that this doesn't make sense.
We have not got a bottomless pot of money some constraints have got to be applied.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-05-2010 at 09:51.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:53   #21
Beacon of light

and who-ever is going to be in power for the next few years is going to have a very tough job.......so much for the no boom and bust situation that Gord promised.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:56   #22
God Member

The Trilateral Commission This Weekend Dublin | Sovereign Independent

extract-
Bilderberg hopes to keep the global recession going for at least a year, according to an international financial consultant who deals personally with many of them. This is because, among several reasons, Bilderberg still hopes to create a global “treasury department” under the United Nations.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:58   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Oh no.. don't tell me.. he's going put the price of Guiness up
Old 12-05-2010, 10:24   #24
JFT96

Okay Mancie, what is your definition of Rich, earning £40k or more pa?
And therefore, what is your definition of less well off? Earning less than £15k pa maybe?

This whole taxation thing is not rocket science, if you tax people who earn more, you know the ones that run businesses they will simply leave the country, closing down their UK businesses in the process. Take James Dyson as a very good example here.
This of course causes unemployment.
No one, even you, likes paying tax, but most of the high earners are prepared to pay more income tax, however the minute you start with 50% upwards they will leave the country. This increases the tax burden on everyone else and so your tax will increase.

But what do I know I am Tory scouse scum

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:25   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh no.. don't tell me.. he's going put the price of Guiness up
He's thinking about your liver mate
Old 12-05-2010, 10:29   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Perhaps he went to see some leprechauns about a dog, or ask them where their pots of gold where located, that would solve all our problems.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:37   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Okay Mancie, what is your definition of Rich, earning £40k or more pa?
And therefore, what is your definition of less well off? Earning less than £15k pa maybe?

This whole taxation thing is not rocket science, if you tax people who earn more, you know the ones that run businesses they will simply leave the country, closing down their UK businesses in the process. Take James Dyson as a very good example here.
This of course causes unemployment.
No one, even you, likes paying tax, but most of the high earners are prepared to pay more income tax, however the minute you start with 50% upwards they will leave the country. This increases the tax burden on everyone else and so your tax will increase.

And these "top earners" leave the country?.. where do they go? some place where they don't pay tax?.. it's a myth,the top 70% of big business in the UK are not British, they move and shake ...not one of our "Top Earners" pay 50% tax.. what do you propose Boeing Guy..that there should be a decrease in tax for those earning over 40k?.. fair enough and that may happen.. what I say is the lower paid will pay for that.. it has always been the same with the Tories.. It's not just my way of thinking it is a fact.. and history shows it.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

But at least yer honest.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:43   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
He's thinking about your liver mate
If he is thinking about my Liver tell him to get some chalk and a bowl of string so he don't get lost.. I know you've got a hotline to George.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:44   #30
Beacon of light

Mancie, just because you believe something doesn't make it fact....and it doesn't really matter whether the top folk in industry are british or not...the only thing that matters is that they are paying their taxes......and if they do take their businesses elsewhere(china perhaps) then yes we will have a problem with unemployment...and yes we will end up paying more tax to support the unemployed.

In the coming months (and years ) we are all going to have to get a grip on the grim reality that unless we (the country)have money to pay for something then it won't be there.
Look at where the shady dealings of the politicos in Greece have got that country...do you really want to head down the same road?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..