Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 04:55   #1
God Member

The next five years

No worries.. massive cuts Education.. massive cuts in the NHS.. all hail the new Tory Government and God help us all
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2010, 05:32   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The next five years

Deary,Deary me, but aren't we the prophet of Doom & Gloom this morning ?

You never know you may be surprised at what happens, & if you're truly honest, life under labour wasn't all Beer & skittles now was it ? well one good thing Labour has now got its first female leader (although temporary) My aren't you the lucky ones ! Harriet (Harridan) Harman

Now why does the expression "frying pans & fire" spring to mind ???

Harman takes over until next leader is chosen - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 12-05-2010 at 05:38.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:57   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Sorry ! Must correct myself, 1994 you had the marvelous Ms Margaret Beckett at the helm ! You can certainly pick 'em ! So in actual fact, Harridan Harman is your 2nd female leader ! What a shining example the Labour Party is to equality !

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 12-05-2010 at 06:01.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:09   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Sorry ! Must correct myself, 1994 you had the marvelous Ms Margaret Beckett at the helm ! You can certainly pick 'em !
We? .. who are you talking about? the "We" who do not want a Goverment that robs the less well off in order to keep those better off in comfort when they tell us times are hard?.. stay in Germany you scouse Tory ****** and reap your rewards from far off ..Mein Fuhrer
Old 12-05-2010, 06:23   #5
God Member

Quote:
Sorry ! Must correct myself, 1994 you had the marvelous Ms Margaret Beckett at the helm ! You can certainly pick 'em ! So in actual fact, Harridan Harman is your 2nd female leader ! What a shining example the Labour Party is to equality !
I'm sure Bessie Bradock and Barbara Castle are rolling in their graves when they look down/up at whats become of the Labour Party
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:28   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I'm sure Bessie Bradock and Barbara Castle are rolling in their graves when they look down/up at whats become of the Labour Party
you mean after what blair did to them

new labour i cant belive its not tory

at least brown kept some form of control over the prick but by the time he got into power blair had done too much damage

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:29   #7
God Member

i predict another million on the dole by christmas.. facts are facts in their manifesto they are going to cut sure start nmw civil servants every good thing that labour did.only god thing is they cant sell the new schools and hospitals off oh and zach ho ho if the tories werent back by murdoch and co they would have a field day..
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35   #8
God Member

the torys may not be able to sell the new hospitals but they can neglect to fund them or equip them.

wont be long before were back to people dying in hospital corridoors on trollys waiting for a hospital bed

funding to the north will be cut first as it is well documented cameron hates the north

when the cuts start coming will be the time we will see what level of influence if any clegg and his party have in policy

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
We? .. who are you talking about? the "We" who do not want a Goverment that robs the less well off in order to keep those better off in comfort when they tell us times are hard?.. stay in Germany you scouse Tory ****** and reap your rewards from far off ..Mein Fuhrer
Mancie, Mancie, Mancie, If you look it is not a purely Tory government, to get what they want they have had to make concessions to the Lib/Dems to achieve their aim. That being the case Cameron & his crew aren't going to have free rein to do as they please because Clegg & his mates will constantly be looking over the Torys shoulder to see what they're upto.

Conservative - Liberal Democrat deal will be tough on the rich - Telegraph

As to staying in Germany, that was my intention ! I've had over 26 years here & have quite happily settled. I have no intention of returning to UK to stay until there has been a drastic turnaround in the Countries fortunes & administration, irrespective of which political party may be in power at that time. Mancie, I take no offense at your tirade but find that offensive comments & abuse are the last resort of the inarticulate Scoundrel
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02   #10
God Member

Quote:
Mancie, Mancie, Mancie, If you look it is not a purely Tory government, to get what they want they have had to make concessions to the Lib/Dems to achieve their aim. That being the case Cameron & his crew aren't going to have free rein to do as they please because Clegg & his mates will constantly be looking over the Torys shoulder to see what they're upto.

Conservative - Liberal Democrat deal will be tough on the rich - Telegraph

As to staying in Germany, that was my intention ! I've had over 26 years here & have quite happily settled. I have no intention of returning to UK to stay until there has been a drastic turnaround in the Countries fortunes & administration, irrespective of which political party may be in power at that time. Mancie, I take no offense at your tirade but find that offensive comments & abuse are the last resort of the inarticulate Scoundrel
inarticulate Scoundrel ! big words are the last resort of a Tory..sort yer mum out!

Last edited by Mancie; 12-05-2010 at 07:06.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:06   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And a very nice day to you too !!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:33   #12
Give, give, give member

If you mix the colours blue and orangey yellow you get khaki, the Persian word for earthy or dusty, and from which we also get the babyish word for ploppies, ca-ca.

Let's hope we don't all end up in the ca-ca.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
inarticulate Scoundrel ! big words are the last resort of a Tory..sort yer mum out!
Actually no ! just someone who's had a reasonable level of education in normal schools & that under various Governments. Unlike yourself who probably attended a special School Do stop licking those windows there's a good Lad it makes them all smeary !
Old 12-05-2010, 07:41   #14
God Member

Quote:
Do stop licking those windows there's a good Lad it makes them all smeary !
Sorry mate just can't resist.. I'll lick the windows..and like I said.. sort yer Mum out lar..
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Gordon Brown was labour was he not?...he robbed me.....of pension money and then to add insult to injury he slapped me with a double tax bill.....(when the tax rate went up from 10p in the pound to 20p in the pound) is that looking after the poorer members of society? Because I don't think it is.
I am not Tory, I am not Labour, I am not Liberal/democrat.
I just want a party that will do the right thing.....not rob the tax payers and smile while they are doing it...and try to prevent us( the electorate) from finding out about the fraud that was going on with expenses.

We are in this unholy mess because Labour took the regulation of the banks away from the bank of England....and placed it in the hands of the toothless,ineffectual FSA.
The labour government knew 7 months before the doo-doo hit the fan that there were severe problems with the banking system...but did nothing(or at least, nothing that we are aware of).
The Labour government have made it an easy option for immigrants to come here and claim benefits that they have not earned.

Dear Gordon told Mrs Duffy that a million people left Britain each year to go to European countries.....maybe they did, but they went there with some financial plan of how to support themselves....they did not go overseas to claim benefits as soon as they got over the doorstep.
I am sick of hearing about families that come here and get large houses cars, and all the mod cons...funded by us.....the tax payer.
That is not to say that I want the genuinely vulnerable to be denied help.
We need a huge shake up of the welfare system......and claiming benefits should not be seen as a lifetime support/career option.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-05-2010 at 08:48.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..