Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2022, 19:37   #31

Re: the NHS?

FWIW I have one of the ear cameras.
The scoop that goes on it are plastic and break easily, however when it works it does allow me to see where the wax buildup is and direct the scoop towards it.

I only got 2 scoops with it and to get more it's gonna cost a fiver, however the camera is very useful.
It also works in places other than the ear.
I discovered I have a nasal polyp with it.

I got some safe+sound ear cleaners from Asda, they scoop it out without getting as far as the drum.

I use Earol often to soften it and reduce the itching.
Or ear olive oil from home bargains on a cotton bud rolled around inside sometimes prevents the itching.
(and before anyone chimes in about using cotton buds, I have been using them for 15 years and know how far in it is allowed to go).
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2022, 10:07   #32
Beacon of light

Re: the NHS?

If it makes you cough…it’s in too far ( as the bishop said to the actress).

Rainbow six, if it works for you then keep on doing what you are doing.
Ears are supposed to self cleaning….and like all things as you get older….the system sometimes gets less efficient.
You can use bi carb soda to reduce the build up of wax….suitably diluted with warm water.
I have a syringe and sometimes use this when I have washed my hair.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..