Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2007, 10:32   #61
God Member

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There is no BRI anymore - we got this super duper new 'sick palace' 'on the tops' near Shadsworth - Never saw any signs to any cafe - I did ask!
I will have to join this discussion later today -got to travel to Whitefield for that denture fitting (which is costing me an arm and 3 legs- because I cant get an NHS dentist and cant eat anything but mush).
So I'm not in a mood for chat after only 4 hours sleep and 6 buses to use to get there and back
ps - got let off the £4 parking fee by flashing my disabled bus pass -every cloud has its silver lining
The new hospital has 2 cafe's in the entrance area also a coffee shop and staff cafeteria at the other end of the hospital, a supermarket style shop where you can buy drinks and sandwiches and pretty much anything else you might need, dont know what time it closes though. I dont understand why you would have to pay for parking Margaret when it took you 6 buses to get there
Hope your finger's ok though I'm cringing just thinking about it.
Old 22-05-2007, 11:55   #62
Resting in peace

Thank the good Lord for the Health Service, just been for my 3 monthly CT Scan and Blood results, yippee all clear for another 3 months. Is there no A&E at Accrington Victoria for minor injuies like cut fingers and the like?, I thought it was open untill 9pm, It was last time I cut my finger on a corned beef tin.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 12:03   #63
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Is there no A&E at Accrington Victoria for minor injuies like cut fingers and the like?, I thought it was open untill 9pm, It was last time I cut my finger on a corned beef tin.
There is but I think you are better going to Blackburn.
Old 22-05-2007, 13:53   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I dont understand why you would have to pay for parking Margaret when it took you 6 buses to get there

I'm sorry I wasnt clear about that - drove my car to hosp last night, but used bus to Whitefield today. I am not fit to drive to Whitefield because I have blurred vision in one eye (hopefully a temp condition- Blepharitis a few weks back)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 14:30   #65
God Member

Blimey Margaret, you dont sound in a good way at the mo, hope things improve for you soon.
Old 22-05-2007, 14:37   #66
God Member

Quote:
Blimey Margaret, you dont sound in a good way at the mo, hope things improve for you soon.
Just old age rot - your turn will come - thanks for your concern

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 15:02   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Thank the good Lord for the Health Service, just been for my 3 monthly CT Scan and Blood results, yippee all clear for another 3 months.
This is excellent news, Ian. I'm happy for you.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 15:17   #68
white rabbits

[quote=Ianto.W.;427951]Thank the good Lord for the Health Service, just been for my 3 monthly CT Scan and Blood results, yippee all clear for another 3 months. quote]
.................................................. .................................................. .................
"NICE ONE " i am glad you think the n.h.s. is a good thing too....ITS BEEN A GODSEND TO OUR FAMILY
Old 22-05-2007, 15:18   #69
Give, give, give member

I'm glad you had good news re: your test results too, Ianto.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 16:43   #70
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
The new hospital has 2 cafe's in the entrance area also a coffee shop and staff cafeteria at the other end of the hospital, a supermarket style shop where you can buy drinks and sandwiches and pretty much anything else you might need, dont know what time it closes though. I dont understand why you would have to pay for parking Margaret when it took you 6 buses to get there
The hospital does have cafes in the main entrance (not the A&E entrance), I think that these close at about 8pm ish. I would have thought that there would be vending machines in A&E but maybe they are not such a good idea...
Considering the amount of drunks we get in there at the weekend, the vending machines would be vandalised in no time, also, many people visiting A&E end up being admitted for surgery, even if it is only to reduce a fracture. Eating and drinking prior to seeing the doctor may delay any surgery that is necessary. I'll take a packed lunch with me next time I go.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 16:47   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good result iantow, keep batting mate.
Old 22-05-2007, 19:42   #72
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
good result iantow, keep batting mate.
I'll second that! Really glad to hear about that, Ian.
Old 22-05-2007, 20:30   #73
Resting in peace

Thank's to all my friends and anyone who knows me, I am over the moon with the results as I was a born 'pessimist'. Her indoors Bernadete and myself have been out celebrating, no more hospital till August, Benidorm here we come, anyone who is having a raw deal keep up the pressure, the more you shout the more likeley you are to be heard. Thank's again 'love to you all'. Ian.XXX.
Old 22-05-2007, 21:05   #74

glad to hear the good news ianto
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 21:15   #75
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
glad to hear the good news ianto
Cheers spinner thank's for your support in my dark hours.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..