Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2007, 19:00   #106
God Member

Re: The NHS is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwich stanley View Post
Well thats me finally sorted,kidney stone and stent have gone and i can pee normally.Thanks for best wishes garinda,cashman and willow and hope you get sorted soon Cyfr.Time for me to start living again!
Good news - end of pain - bet you feel a million dollars by comparison - glad for you -

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2007, 19:12   #107
God Member

Glad you managed to get sorted N S.
Old 30-05-2007, 23:10   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well thats me finally sorted,kidney stone and stent have gone and i can pee normally.Thanks for best wishes garinda,cashman and willow and hope you get sorted soon Cyfr.Time for me to start living again!

You should polish it and wear it round your neck, for luck.

Seriously, glad you are better.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 14:02   #109
God Member

Quote:
Congratulations: if you still have the stone, you might have it bronzed or something. When I had my gallbladder out, I kept two of the stones and had them made into cufflinks. Anyhow, glad you are feeling better, all full of p**s and vinegar as we say.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:48   #110
Resting in Peace

Happy that you've been sorted NS drink plenty of fluids (water!!) to keep kidneys well flushed
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:55   #111
Full Member+

Glad your feeling better
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:16   #112

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
Happy that you've been sorted NS drink plenty of fluids (water!!) to keep kidneys well flushed
Thanks Ber999T.I've been told i have to drink at least 2 litres of water a day,and also once you've had a kidney stone you are prone to others.Eric and garinda i probably worded it wrong when i said kidney stone was removed ,it has but it was burnt into little pieces which i am still peeing out.Thanks for best wishes all,back to work monday.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:26   #113
Resting in Peace

I take it you had the laser treatment (EKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK)

They used to use ultra sound to break up kidney stones.

Yes they can come back as you are now prone to building up the calcium that makes the stone.

Happy peeing and keep them flushed and on HOT days up fluids to 3 litres at least as when you sweat you lose more fluids
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 16:15   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I do believe that Michael Moore (Roger and Me, Bowling for Columbine, Farenheit 911) is making a movie about medical care in America. Having the good fortune to live in a country which firmly believes that medical care should be available to all citizens, I await this documentary with interest. Universal, govt. funded health care, with its problems and its f**k ups is still way better than the health care for profit system.
He doesn't qualify as a documentary maker since he's a stranger to the truth. Propagandist might be a better term. A couple of months ago, I heard two Canadians being interviewed on the radio. They had always been big fans of Michael Moore and decided to make a documentary about his life. They soon grew disillusioned by what they discovered about him. Tried, without success, to get a face-to-face meeting with him. They did continue to make the film, although its content ended up not being quite what they had expected. I am sitting here kicking myself for not having written down their names or the name of their film. I suspect they may have some trouble finding a distributor.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 18:27   #115

I googled it. "Manufacturing Dissent" by Debbie Melnyk and Rick Caine. Here's a link - Canadian doc-makers take on Michael Moore - CBC Arts | Film
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 21:08   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
He doesn't qualify as a documentary maker since he's a stranger to the truth. Propagandist might be a better term. A couple of months ago, I heard two Canadians being interviewed on the radio. They had always been big fans of Michael Moore and decided to make a documentary about his life. They soon grew disillusioned by what they discovered about him. Tried, without success, to get a face-to-face meeting with him. They did continue to make the film, although its content ended up not being quite what they had expected. I am sitting here kicking myself for not having written down their names or the name of their film. I suspect they may have some trouble finding a distributor.
"Stranger to the truth"? I can't believe you said that. As a citizen of a country whose government invaded the sovreign nation of Iraq, and helped create one of the biggest fubars of recent (and not so recent ) history, because of non-existent weapons of mass destruction! And this was the response to 911? Imagine the reaction in the rest of the world if the British govt. had responded to IRA terrorist acts by bombing Dublin!

But the point I made about Moore's documentary, was not that all he said was to be accepted as "gospel," but that in societies which calim to tolerate a diversity in opinion, people like Moore are necessary. If a democracy is based on the informed opinions of the people, all sides (well perhaps not the Nazis and the Klan) must be allowed to state their points of view. There is no truth in politics, altho' politicians claim that they act only on the truth, in order to protect the truth.

To hold the opinion that free access to medical care, in a prosperous, democratic nation, should be a right is not a subversive opinion; and I know that it is an opinion that many of your fellow citizens hold. Having a "social safety net" is not a threat to democracy or to an economy based on free enterprise. It is merely a commitment to share the national wealth a little more equitably.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 22:28   #117
Resident Waffler

Good to hear they've got you sorted Norwich.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 23:16   #118
God Member

Good to here it is sorted!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14   #119
Resting in peace

Just an update, and in defence of the NHS, some of the the things that have and are to come my way recently, I have just had a bath without the aid of my wife thanks to a bath lift, I have also been supplied with other bathroom aids. The stairlift man measured up earlier this week to enable my wife to go out without wondering how i'm going to get up and down stairs. These are all the 'hidden' advantages of having a NHS, occupational therapists, physio's all the other unsung heroes of this truly remarkable service. We should all thank the lord for it, and our forebears for it's creation. Everyone I know has differing experiences with all things in life, but as far as yours truly is concerned, our NHS is second to none.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 14:32   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Just an update, and in defence of the NHS, some of the the things that have and are to come my way recently, I have just had a bath without the aid of my wife thanks to a bath lift, I have also been supplied with other bathroom aids. The stairlift man measured up earlier this week to enable my wife to go out without wondering how i'm going to get up and down stairs. These are all the 'hidden' advantages of having a NHS, occupational therapists, physio's all the other unsung heroes of this truly remarkable service. We should all thank the lord for it, and our forebears for it's creation. Everyone I know has differing experiences with all things in life, but as far as yours truly is concerned, our NHS is second to none.

Excellent news for you. I was put on priority visit from the Occupational Therapist in January after the crash ........ IM STILL WAITING !
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..