Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2021, 12:50   #46
Beacon of light

Re: The Olympics

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1254669]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post

A good hefty tenderizing hammer (a really big one) saves hours of boiling.
Son...much as I would have liked to have thought of the quote you have included in your post....it did not come from me.....I think that might have something to do with the fact that I do not answer to that G name.....it was never on my to do list...be one of those G things.....and if you can self identify your gender then I can self identify as anything but that!
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2021, 13:11   #47
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
...I think that might have something to do with the fact that I do not answer to that G name.....

I know Ma, your views on the "G-N-O" are well documented. It was a a reply to Dotti, but somewhere along the line, like all things tech, a sneaky little Gremlin (not our tame pet one on here mind) gets in & cocks things up, that or big thick sossy fingers hitting wrong buttons.
Old 19-06-2021, 13:17   #48
Beacon of light

But I did like it though.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2021, 08:41   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

For the women supporters out there who love the game, I apologise if you consider this a sexist point of view.
i know its only two females involved and not a wide range of opinion but my niece a regular at everton at one time and her in the kitchen actually dislike the female commontators and pundits far more than i do. if i decide to be a woman for the day i,ll tell you if my position changes on them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2021, 08:48   #50
God Member

[QUOTE=Less;1254679]I watch a fair bit of horse racing, the pundits seem to be a fifty fifty split of both male and female,

thats fine if there is a 50/50 split in those involved with horse racing at the top level and the viewers are split the same way. bet they are searching for the good old ethnic minorities to find one who can do the job to take over from another middle aged person who is doing the job already.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:27   #51
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
I’m surprised that no-one has mentioned anything about the forthcoming Olympics.

Following the above statement from Dotti, I would say the same about the present Euro's 2020, been running for a couple of weeks now & tonight the 3 Lions are actually playing in the quarter finals!!! Novel enough by itself, but the fact they beat the arch enemy "Ze Germans" 2-0 to get there surely raises a wry eyebrow on this "Historic" event.

Shall be popping down the local "Doner Restaurant" tonight, mingling with the clientelle & sitting at the "Top table" with the Boss of the establishment Ferdi, (Yeah I know, not really a typical turkish name but there's a story there, him & his family, plus his brothers are all good lads) & some other VIPs sinking a few & cheering on the boys, deep in the heart of the defeated "Enemies territory".

I even convinced some of the beaten foe to at least give a grudging cheer for the "Tommies" tonight. After all our superiorly whupping their H'arses & giving the Bosch a damned good thrashing midweek! A little respect if you please! (lets face it, it don't happen often & will probably be a long time coming before similar again happens )

So "Come on England, for the Queen, God & St George!!"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20210629-WA0004.jpg (46.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20210629-WA0003.jpg (48.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20210629-WA0001.jpg (71.6 KB, 5 views)
Less and cashman like this.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:33   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And there was this ......

Old 04-07-2021, 08:19   #53
God Member

thought the above might have been in glasgow or edinburgh.
Old 04-07-2021, 16:33   #54
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And so it continues, the Lions roared & the Ukraine widdled thersens! 4-0 to Englands young Lions, next the Vikings of Denmark are up on Wednesday evening, will the young Lions be rampant once more & maul the upstart Danes or will the Nordic marauders, savage, ravage & plunder unhindered?

Either way bring it on, Edington or Maldon? Wednesday will define the outcome ....... Come on England!!!
Old 07-07-2021, 12:39   #55
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thats fine if there is a 50/50 split in those involved with horse racing at the top level and the viewers are split the same way. bet they are searching for the good old ethnic minorities to find one who can do the job to take over from another middle aged person who is doing the job already.
Talking of horse racing, here's one to pawn your knee caps for if it ever gets on it's feet and out of the stalls:-

Oh So Woke
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:56   #56
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The Lion roared, a tad late mind & not without controversy, still "It's a funny old game!" as the saying goes & we're there at long last & much disappointment over the previous years.

The final tonight, the Young Lions face off against the Gladiatori d'Italia, Christians to the slaughter? Lions massacared in the arena? Or will the ancient spirit of Boudica & the Iceni prevail?

"What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Anyways, apart from all that may I just add "Pizza" to the list they could also give us the win tonight!

Come on England!!!
Less likes this.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:33   #57
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Well we was spaghettied! Rolled round, pulled all over & slurped up, not our best night, but better than normal. Ah well, the wait goes on 55 years & counting ......
cashman likes this.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:03   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing is if most are honest like me i never expected them to get to the final, and then what i regarded as the best team in the competition could not beat us in 120 mins, only won by the lottery i say. well done lads.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:54   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thing is if most are honest like me i never expected them to get to the final, and then what i regarded as the best team in the competition could not beat us in 120 mins, only won by the lottery i say. well done lads.
it actually takes the gloss off winning the thing as well when you really have to rely upon the opposition missing a penalty or your keeper guessing right and saves it. the score after 120 minutes meant on paper they were no better than us. just a pity that a better way of deciding games can be thought up. people laugh at cricket where they can play 5 full days and the game ends a draw. these euro,s have gone on for a few weeks to end up decided by penalty misses.
Less likes this.
Old 13-07-2021, 15:02   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
it actually takes the gloss off winning the thing as well when you really have to rely upon the opposition missing a penalty or your keeper guessing right and saves it. the score after 120 minutes meant on paper they were no better than us. just a pity that a better way of deciding games can be thought up. people laugh at cricket where they can play 5 full days and the game ends a draw. these euro,s have gone on for a few weeks to end up decided by penalty misses.
i reckon many fans think its a very poor way to decide a game, but sod all we can do about it clowns decide who have no idea at all what fans think, nor do they care.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..