Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2010, 17:35   #1
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
The Passing of Albion

Before accusations start to fly "Albion" in this context is simply a referral to Great Britain, with admittedly the focus being on England. Why this topic ? Why the title ? I sit here hundreds of miles from the Land of my Birth & look on with a feeling of despair & depression at what has become of our verdant Isle.

It seems that a day does not go by when a further injustice is not inflicted on our Land & her people, to view the papers daily is getting harder as each day brings further indignities which leaves the reader uncomprehending & dismayed at our lack of "control".

The Politicians irrelevant of their allegiance have betrayed the British people by their empty promises & poltroonery in their subservience to Europe. What little we had left was signed away on the 13th Dec 2007, when Brown cravenly put pen to paper, despite the protests of Britannia's natives.

I don't do Politics, so this isn't motivated to the benefit of one party or another, what I would hope is that those of a Political bent who come on here take note & warn your masters "The British people have had enough !"

Politicians constantly whine as to the lack of interest in Politics from the populace until it concerns their depravities, then when something is said the self serving bleating starts "We were going by the rules"

The rules also state "Criminals will be punished", "Illegal immigrants will be deported", "Gangs of yobs will be brought into line" & "Fair wages for fair work" all empty rhetoric that WE have to suck up day in, day out while you frolic at the troughs. Whatever respect there may have been is long since erased & you have no one to blame but yourselves.

You want votes ? here is what you have to do, get us our rights of self governance back, stop the flood of immigration & deport those who have no right to be here, give us decent Health & Policing services that we can be rightly proud of. The moronic attitude to enforcing & ticking boxes on Health & safety, Human rights, Diversity & Equality, Political correctness really does need kicking into touch.

One final point YOU Politicians clean your acts up, take a pay cut, get out in the real World & listen, I mean really listen to the people you purport to represent & be honest,(although I doubt that will ever happen) We are British we can take hard times as long as the truth is clear, we will endure it all stoically, if it means our future will be better.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2010, 18:35   #2

Re: The Passing of Albion

Story in a National Newspaper

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be Gt Britain if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in Britain because it is the Country of Choice??????
Think about it . .

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas.. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas holiday, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
This says it all!

This is an editorial written by a British citizen, published in a National newspaper He did quite a job, didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on the 07/07 we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the disgust about the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct! ' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain , Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. (The Danes, Romans etc.) However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of the Brits being a multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britain 's we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Indian, Urdu, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!
' Land of Hope & Glory' is our motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If the 'Union Jack' flag offends you, or you don't like our QUEEN, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is
OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our Laws give every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so!
But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our lifestyle our government, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom,
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
It is Time for Gt. Britain to Speak up
If you agree -- pass this along;
if you don't agree -- delete it!
anon..
AMEN

I think if we all keep passing this to our friends
(and enemies) it will also, sooner or later
get back to the complainers, let’s all try,
please
Old 27-03-2010, 18:47   #3
God Member

shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 19:06   #4
Senior Member+

Well said the first two posters.
Yes, i have opted to live away from England - my England, Sceptered Isle set in a Silver'd Sea, for all thy faults, I love thee still - why did I choose to live in France? Because on my annual visits home from expat working I could see more readily the degradation of the "English" way of life.
My attitude is - whichever country you want to live in you must attempt to learn the language and not expect everything to be translated for you, accept the laws, and live by the customs of that country. If you can't do that then go back to whence you came.
Old 27-03-2010, 23:43   #5
I am Banned

This man said it all.
Retlaw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg powell_press1.jpg (138.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg powell_press1..jpg (93.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Retlaw; 27-03-2010 at 23:47.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 00:07   #6
Give, give, give member

I do agree with some of the points.

I hate political correctness, and bending over backwards to accommodate differing cultures and language, in the long run, iscounterproductive, and allows people the choice not to fully integrate.

However, personally I'm yet to see any ban on the word Christmas, or Christmas time as a celebration.

I have a cupboard full of Christmas cards to prove it.

That's the sort of hysterical hyperbole that fuels hatred, spouted by those purporting to be Christian, but who go to church just three times. Birth, marriage, and death.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 00:37   #7
God Member

fair points

now let me know when all the people who object to how things are been ran are willing to do somthing about it will ya

people have only themselves to blame because most of the nation cant be arsed to get of their arse and vote yet alone protest and have sat back idly and done nothing more than moan.

like i have said many times before the last time the british public did anything about anything was the poll tax riots which got the poll tax abolished which incidently instead of showing grattitude for the nation has branded those who rioted as scum and thugs

the last time any group took positive action against the govenment were the truck drivers who blockaded oil refineries over petrol price increases and most of teh public moaned that they couldnt get petrol yet enjoyed the decrease in fuel costs when tony blair was forced to back down but later made it an act of terrorism to protest and this is why fuel prices have gotten so high recently without action.

its funny though because the french seem better at sorting things out than us.The french govenment has directly disobeyed europe on may occasions and even set off nukes as a big two finger salute and nothing ever happened to them yet the UK cowers to europe at every turn.When the french people dont like somthing they block the docks,shipping lanes and teh channel tunnel where as teh UK cant open the gates wide enough to let every tom dick and harry into the land.

what am i doing about this ?

absolutely nothing because theres only one party that has half a clue how to sort things out but they are a tad too racist for my liking and also would wreck any chance of economic recovery should they get in because they couldnt even manage a calculator yet alone the nations deficit

ps:

should the nation decide to riot i would glady ferry people to london in my car but will skip the rioting because as Danny Glover said in lethal weapon " Im too old for this sh1t "

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 09:12   #8
God Member

Every election they use the phrase 'vote for change'.
- invariably we do - and nothing does

I have twigged it now - voting at elections changes nothing
- both main parties have the same basic agenda
- when it comes to the devil or the deep blue sea I choose neither

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 09:15   #9
Give, give, give member

Historically Brits aren't that good at protesting and riots, because you can never rely on the weather, and it's usually a bit damp.

Old 28-03-2010, 09:18   #10
Give, give, give member

Now your Latinos, with their better temperatures, they'll set your parliament buildings on fire as soon as look at you.

Old 28-03-2010, 09:42   #11
God Member

Sorry thought this thread was about the old Accrington corporation bus route Black Dog to Forts Arms and the Albion was a stop at the top of the hill near the canal in Clayton
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 09:46   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Now your Latinos, with their better temperatures, they'll set your parliament buildings on fire as soon as look at you.
We are due a long hot summer
....things might get eventful

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 09:47   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Sorry thought this thread was about the old Accrington corporation bus route Black Dog to Forts Arms and the Albion was a stop at the top of the hill near the canal in Clayton
Top notch pub way back when!
Old 28-03-2010, 10:03   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
We are due a long hot summer
....things might get eventful
There's actually some truth, certainly as far as twentieth century riots are concerned, that they occur more in years which were good summers.

Brits are too unwilling to man the barricades on dark, wet, winter evenings.

It's so much easier to settle inside, and watch something nice the telly.

In the event of this being a good year, I'll call for you, and you're very welcome to borrow my spare pitch fork.

Old 28-03-2010, 22:32   #15
God Member

Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..