Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: do you think the railways should be re-nationalised
yes 21 87.50%
no 3 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2013, 21:33   #91
God Member

Re: the railways

well in the eastern line which is already nationalised can spend money replacing old British rail stock which the privatised railway company was still using its a step forward. so if the government let me bid for the franchise for I say £45 million with no proof I had the money but they subsidized the franchise for £ 45 million then the bank let me borrow money on the back of the subsidy . I then take all the profits pay the shareholders then warn the government the franchise was going bankrupt. they then pump more money into the franchise, costing the taxpayers more. official figures state it has cost £25 billion more to run the railways than when it was nationalized. i just cant see the logic it would decrease fares by 20% BBC News - Why not... nationalise the railways? this link gets near the truth
Old 27-07-2013, 10:38   #92
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well in the eastern line which is already nationalised can spend money replacing old British rail stock which the privatised railway company was still using its a step forward. so if the government let me bid for the franchise for I say £45 million with no proof I had the money but they subsidized the franchise for £ 45 million then the bank let me borrow money on the back of the subsidy . I then take all the profits pay the shareholders then warn the government the franchise was going bankrupt. they then pump more money into the franchise, costing the taxpayers more. official figures state it has cost £25 billion more to run the railways than when it was nationalized. i just cant see the logic it would decrease fares by 20% BBC News - Why not... nationalise the railways? this link gets near the truth
Why don't you give it a rest, if you like the communist lifestyle go and live in China, their way of life should suit you to a tee, but don't get too lippy or your family will be getting a bill for the bullet that shuts you up
Wynonie Harris likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 12:06   #93
God Member

no, there is cuts and people running about saying there is no money.so they must be lying if they can spend billions of pounds giving money to their hedge fund mates. it just doesn't make sense and you know it doesn't that's why you go on personal attacks instead of debating . you know you've lost the debate even a thickie like me knows you've lost the debate and your ideology has cost the country billions of pounds and your ideology is to pick on the weak and vulnerable typical jackboot tories. cmon give me the alternative of nationalization which will save billions.
Old 27-07-2013, 12:08   #94
God Member

cmon bring the debate on. ive got the facts and figures .you get yours and lets see who saves the most money for the taxpayer ..
Old 28-07-2013, 07:32   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
cmon bring the debate on. ive got the facts and figures .you get yours and lets see who saves the most money for the taxpayer ..
As Cashy states - " Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Never seen you post anything like a debatable question, response or statement, only plagiarism, cut & paste and occasional links to dubious sources.
cashman and jaysay like this.
Old 28-07-2013, 08:23   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Facts an d figuresThe Guardian is as bent and twisted as you are
Old 30-07-2013, 18:11   #97
God Member

a small reminder that you can join the campaign News | Bring Back British Rail
Old 31-07-2013, 12:50   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
a small reminder that you can join the campaign News | Bring Back British Rail
Why would we want to bring back a debt ridden dinosaur, which feeds on taxpayers money and lots of it
Old 03-08-2013, 06:06   #99
God Member

your nuts ,it has cost at least yes at least £30 billion more more of taxpayers money more to run the railways privatised than it was nationalized it has increased cost 1000% since the railways were privatized and what did we get less carriages and the highest train prices in Europe. it has been a failure for the taxpayer you can be thick sometimes. even tories have admitted it look at the billions they spent on new buses in London. look at the eastern line its brought £620 million for the taxpayer and even replaced old stock from the old British rail that the private firms painted over.
Old 13-08-2013, 20:18   #100
God Member

ohhh look there goes another fare rise 4.1 %. they are trying to price the working class off the trains.
Old 14-08-2013, 17:33   #101
Resting in Peace

Quote:
ohhh look there goes another fare rise 4.1 %. they are trying to price the working class off the trains.
No just trying to keep the Jocks on the top side of the Iron Bridge.
Old 19-08-2013, 17:08   #102
Senior Member+

Is the problem with the railway the TOC's and FOC's, the government, Network Rail, the banks who buy and lease the rolling stock and/or BR & railtrack legacy?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 22:58   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No just trying to keep the Jocks on the top side of the Iron Bridge.
Know where you can get razor ribbon, part used, some bloodstains, care must be taken installing and idiots impaling themselves should make sure they have had tetanus shots
Old 02-01-2014, 10:52   #104
God Member

ohh look another price rise. yes privatizing the railways really worked,, BBC News - Rail fare rise of 2.8% comes into effect
Old 07-01-2014, 10:44   #105
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
ohh look another price rise. yes privatizing the railways really worked,, BBC News - Rail fare rise of 2.8% comes into effect
You are like a broken record. Your lovely Labour government never did anything to nationalise it again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..