Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2008, 22:49   #46
I am Banned

Re: The Right To Bear Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Yes, I do tend to get a tad weepy whenever schoolchildren are massacred.

Unfortunately they weren't little actors. They were REAL children in a REAL town in a REAL school shot by a REAL maniac...and there was no music to sway my unstable feminine emotions as it was a factual book I was reading.
And none of it would have happened, had the police done their job properly, when Hamilton's cerificate came up for renewal, the officer responcible took early retirement on ill health grounds shortly after.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2008, 22:51   #47
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
If anyone thinks weapons should be legalised then what about this bloke?

Man had a rocket launcher and four air rifles - WalesOnline

he's not gonna be shooting rabbits is he?

From your link

Quote:
A BLAENAU Gwent man has pleaded guilty to possessing five prohibited weapons without a licence, including a rocket launcher.
Newport crown court heard Brent Collins, aged 43, of Garn Terrace, Ebbw Vale, was in possession of the rocket launcher and four air rifles, which all fall under the Firearms Act and require a certificate.
The air rifles in question were over the 12 ft/lb power limit so require to be on a certificate.

Without a firearms certificate air rifles have to be under 12 ft/lbs and pistols under 6 ft/lbs.

To try and give you an idea about how powerful that is, if you were using a 12 ft/lbs air rifle for shooting rabbits the maximum recommended range for a kill is about 30m. 30m is not very far at all, take 30 paces and look how short a distance you have travelled.

Most new air rifles are only about 10 or 11 ft/lbs and pistols about 3. This is down to a couple of factors, one being the 5 years jail time you can get for owning an over powered one since the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 was introduced last year.
Old 27-08-2008, 22:51   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
. P.S. i have never owned a gun. apart from a diana air gun.

so it was you in that tunnel in france

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:53   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so it was you in that tunnel in france
Not funny.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:55   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
And none of it would have happened, had the police done their job properly, when Hamilton's cerificate came up for renewal, the officer responcible took early retirement on ill health grounds shortly after.

Retlaw.
So if any other officer had taken responsabilty it would not have happened?.. why take the risk? i'ts sickening.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:55   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
But since then there has not been an incident were 16 children were massacred..has been said that if someone wants a gun they can get one.. but at least they are commiting an illegal act.
So was it legal to shoot them with a legal gun
Old 27-08-2008, 22:55   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Not funny.
i beg to differ but at least you had the balls to sign you comment

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 23:02   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
So was it legal to shoot them with a legal gun
Of course not.. but it may not have happened if the scumbag had not had easy access to guns.. guns he owned legally.. he may have flipped.. to get an illegal gun takes time.. I don't think it's as easy as some people are making out.
Old 27-08-2008, 23:05   #54
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Of course not.. but it may not have happened if the scumbag had not had easy access to guns.. guns he owned legally.. he may have flipped.. to get an illegal gun takes time.. I don't think it's as easy as some people are making out.
He may have flipped and decided to drive has car though the shopping centre seeing how many people he could run over or maybe got his chainsaw out or a kitchen knife or a length or 3x2.
Old 27-08-2008, 23:08   #55
God Member

Quote:
He may have flipped and decided to drive has car though the shopping centre seeing how many people he could run over or maybe got his chainsaw out or a kitchen knife or a length or 3x2.
Two rusty poncakes seems to be the morm these days?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 23:10   #56
God Member

Quote:
The difference is that although all those things can kill they also serve other purposes. It's not practical to ban all things with the potential to kill.

Guns serve no other purpose but to kill..
Old 27-08-2008, 23:11   #57
God Member

Quote:
Yep..or he might have decided to get a machine gun from his bedroom.. to easy.
Old 27-08-2008, 23:25   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
sorry disagree completely with that, guns are Very easy to obtain illegally. as easy virtually as getting some "puff" to put in context.
Old 27-08-2008, 23:39   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sorry disagree completely with that, guns are Very easy to obtain illegally. as easy virtually as getting some "puff" to put in context.
No..have to say that is not a fact, I'm not talking from experience but to obtian a loaded hand gun or rifle is not as easy as "puff" which you can buy in most pubs.. buying a handgun has certain concequences for the seller as well as the buyer..the weapon may have been used in other crimes.. no way you can get access to a gun as Tommy Cooper would say "just like that"
Old 27-08-2008, 23:41   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
No..have to say that is not a fact, I'm not talking from experience but to obtian a loaded hand gun or rifle is not as easy as "puff" which you can buy in most pubs.. buying a handgun has certain concequences for the seller as well as the buyer..the weapon may have been used in other crimes.. no way you can get access to a gun as Tommy Cooper would say "just like that"
believe it, if it makes ya happy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..