Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2017, 10:56   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: The Scum are at it again,

There are strong laws that make it illegal to use an air gun on the canal but the police will still do nothing
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:26   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
There are strong laws that make it illegal to use an air gun on the canal but the police will still do nothing
Does this not make it a weak law.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 12:55   #18
Senior Member+

This is simply deplorable, mindless cruelty, and if any perpetrators are found I hope they're suitably punished.
It can take hours or even days for these beautiful birds to die after a airgun shot.
Personally, I'd like to see karma bite the offenders on the backside (perhaps a firm clip around the lughole from a passerby or shot in the backside by the air gun but obviously that’s frowned upon).
hilleluk likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 12:58   #19

Only as weak as all the rest.

Tell the police that you think they are shooting at people and they will soon be up there, maybe even armed themselves - that will soon make the scrotes think twice about going around with an airgun in public again.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 13:27   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well yeh got more faith in plod than i have.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-12-2017, 19:52   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The Plod should be hammering these creatures, firing & using an air rifle in public is quite simply illegal

Using an Air Rifle

Air Rifles may be used only on land where the user has full permission to shoot.
It is illegal:
  • To shoot on any land, including common land, river banks, public land, recreation and land covered by water, i.e. lakes and rivers where you do not have full permission from the land owner or tenant.
  • To fire an Air Rifle closer than 50 feet (15 metres) from the centre of a public highway, or footpath.
  • To fire an Air Rifle pellet beyond the land to which you have permission to shoot
  • For a person in possession of an Air Rifle to fail to take reasonable precautions to prevent someone under the age of 18 from gaining unauthorised access to it
It is legal:
  • For anyone above the age of 14 to shoot an Air Rifle on private land where full permission to shoot has been given.
  • For those below the age of 14 to shoot an Air Rifle on private land, but only if closely supervised by a responsible person over 21 years of age. The supervising adult is legally responsible for the actions of the junior shooter.
These are the laws & they are blatantly being flaunted.
Old 30-12-2017, 08:58   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The Plod should be hammering these creatures, firing & using an air rifle in public is quite simply illegal
do not really think they are interested dave. tell em you know someone who is driving their car without tax they will be round like a shot. well anyway they are in keighley and that is a fact.

Last edited by Neil; 31-12-2017 at 12:18. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 10:48   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
do not really think they are interested dave. tell em you know someone who is driving their car without tax they will be round like a shot. well anyway they are in keighley and that is a fact.
Was the pun intended

Last edited by Neil; 31-12-2017 at 12:19. Reason: fix quote
Old 31-12-2017, 08:57   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

Was the pun intended
no but i,ll say it was.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 31-12-2017 at 12:19. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 12:17   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Does this not make it a weak law.
No, it means the Police are often poor at dealing with airgun issues.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 31-12-2017, 12:44   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They are very poor at dealing with many issues these days.I know instances of someone being burgled and was 1 week and numerous calls before she got any attention.
Old 31-12-2017, 17:17   #27
Full Member+

I thought it was just the male swan that had died (according to the Lancashire Telegraph), it's still deplorable whatever, the problem is if they were under the age of 16 they know there's b***er all anyone can do about it, an adult who tries to discipline them is likely to ended up being arrested and they know this.....

I photographed these swans earlier this year, I just don't understand the mentality of scumbags who would do this just for fun....
Old 31-12-2017, 17:45   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its mate was shot in the neck and died at the vets,i was told.
Old 31-12-2017, 22:37   #29
Full Member+

Quote:
Which makes it a weak law.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:22   #30

As are a great many low level laws, because the police have no longer got the resources to deal with them.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..