Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Stumped
  • 1 Post By jaysay
  • 2 Post By susie123
  • 1 Post By jaysay
  • 1 Post By mallard
  • 1 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2013, 18:14   #1
Full Member+

The Scum of The Earth

Have just read in the Accrington Observer about the raid on Our Ladies Church in Huncoat and the stealing of two invaluable chalices, not to mention the indiscriminate damage amounting to thousands of pounds. I'm not a particularly religious person, but cannot countenance the type of creature that could carry out a crime such as this which is bound to affect the lives of both the parishioners and the community at large. Shame on the lowlife scum responsible who deserve to rot in the hellish pit that they obviously came from.
maxthecollie likes this.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2013, 18:25   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The Scum of The Earth

Being of the none religious too- I still cannot figure out the mind of these people. Low lifes
Old 17-01-2013, 18:31   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Have just read in the Accrington Observer about the raid on Our Ladies Church in Huncoat and the stealing of two invaluable chalices, not to mention the indiscriminate damage amounting to thousands of pounds. I'm not a particularly religious person, but cannot countenance the type of creature that could carry out a crime such as this which is bound to affect the lives of both the parishioners and the community at large. Shame on the lowlife scum responsible who deserve to rot in the hellish pit that they obviously came from.
Ya all that damage and the theft of, what will be, priceless objects to the church, and what for to feed their families, or to get medication for health problems, no probably just to stick in their arm for a quick fix, lets hope they overdose
Stumped likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:18   #4

I'm not religious either (although I am a christian) so I'm not sure how I feel about this. Theft is bad, disproportionate damage to property in order to carry out theft is worse, but I'm always uneasy about the amount of money tied up in the spectacle of religion to wow the flock when it could be put to more practical and humane use elsewhere.
I recall my dear old dad's anger at the way his family were treated by some members of the clergy at the time of my sister's christening compared with somewhat wealthier church patrons. Money is a drug which even the church is addicted to.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 19:19   #5

As am I.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 20:10   #6

If you've got valuables you've got to (at least) keep 'em locked up these days. Theft of lead from roofs, cables & manhole covers is a massive waste of our resources - it's time the scrap trade was slapped down BIG TIME.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 20:53   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
If you've got valuables you've got to (at least) keep 'em locked up these days. Theft of lead from roofs, cables & manhole covers is a massive waste of our resources - it's time the scrap trade was slapped down BIG TIME.

i doubt two challaces will end up at a scrap yard infact like in my mothers case when her wedding ring and engagement ring to my father who is now dead were taken by a local scum bag it ended up in the pawn shop.His own mother openly told people which pawn shop he like to use and they should have guessed by how much stuff he passed their way he was up to no good but instead they gave a lower rate on the gold he pawned because they knew damn well it was stolen gear so if anything local pawn shops need slamming down on also.

cant name it because i cant prove it and i cant name the scumbag either despite the mental dammage he has done to my mother who since the day she walked in on him robbing her hasnt been able to have the windows unlocked or door unlocked even in summer when shes home.He was convicete dof the crime but only admitted it when been on trial for a different burgulary at the last minuite when he asked for about 20 other burgularies to be taken into consideration and got sod all extra punishment

im not saying its right to steal lead and copper cable but i think it is more abhorant when people target individuals especially teh elderly or vulnerable

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 17-01-2013 at 20:56.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 21:27   #8
Resting In Peace

They must be thick as well as scumbags if they think it'll be easy to get rid of two chalices.
jaysay and Stumped like this.
Old 17-01-2013, 21:59   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
They must be thick as well as scumbags if they think it'll be easy to get rid of two chalices.
unfortunatley there are people who will shift it and it never see their shop window but be melted down and stripped of any value like what happens to peoples family jewely and gold etc when its stolen.Too risky to seell as an item but still worth a lot when melted.

my mum will never see her wedding ring again and as my da dis long dead he wont be buying her another

i dont know what teh worth of these challaces is or what they are made of but someone will take them off tehir hands and we can only hope that the crooks ask teh wrong person and are handed in to the police

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 22:02   #10
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
we can only hope that the crooks ask teh wrong person and are handed in to the police
That's what I was getting at. be even better if they're made of base metal and not valuable at all.
Old 18-01-2013, 09:20   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
That's what I was getting at. be even better if they're made of base metal and not valuable at all.
The trouble is susie these scumbags are too thick to realise and would steal it anyway
Stumped likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 18:24   #12

They are sh@t and there is no other word for them.
Stumped likes this.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 16:22   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
They are sh@t and there is no other word for them.
Yes, I agree they are, I have no approval of them or what they have done, However, had that Church done the honourable thing, weighed the stuff in and spent it on perhaps the 3rd world poor, these swine couldn't have been tempted?

I'll leave you now to tell me how shallow I'm being about their loss.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..