Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2014, 20:02   #16
Senior Member+

Re: The Star Trek replicator

3D Printing Innovator Drives Custom Trike to Land Speed Record - Stratasys Blog

We're getting there.
Note the savings.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2014, 22:18   #17

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Damn..this thing is moving fast

3D printing surgery: Woman has entire SKULL replaced with plastic made using a 3D printer - Mirror Online

Just been listening to an interesting discussion where a surgeon said that there is a high probability that, within 20 years or so, the competitors in the paralympics would be outperforming olympic athletes because the technology is about to outstrip mother nature and dedicated training.

Two months ago we were talking about a piece of chocolate and a plastic eagle beak..now its skulls and face reconstruction
Old 30-03-2014, 04:15   #18
Senior Member+

3D printed house: Amsterdam based DUS Architects Construction of world's first 3D-printed house begins in | Metro News

This is no ordinary house, instead of bricks and cement, this house is made of plastic and foam
But how does it work? Basically a group of architects, together with some construction corps, are fabricating each piece of the house at a time and attaching them together (kind of reminds me of playing with lego as a kid). The first piece for the 3D House weighed around 180 kilos and was printed by the 6-meter-tall printer

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 08:30   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Damn..this thing is moving fast

3D printing surgery: Woman has entire SKULL replaced with plastic made using a 3D printer - Mirror Online

Just been listening to an interesting discussion where a surgeon said that there is a high probability that, within 20 years or so, the competitors in the paralympics would be outperforming olympic athletes because the technology is about to outstrip mother nature and dedicated training.

Two months ago we were talking about a piece of chocolate and a plastic eagle beak..now its skulls and face reconstruction
i dont know what the fuss is about .Anne summers have been replecating willies for years and theres been no where near as much praise or fuss

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 09:34   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont know what the fuss is about .Anne summers have been replecating willies for years and theres been no where near as much praise or fuss
There might be when they unveil the Olympic version.
Old 23-12-2014, 00:28   #21

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

One year after my original post and a tool is e-mailed into the ISS Star Trek replicator....

Space Station 3-D Printer Builds Ratchet Wrench To Complete First Phase Of Operations | NASA

Yah Boo..told ya so :P
Old 26-12-2014, 16:03   #22

I designed my wife's wedding ring as a 3d model which was then 3d printed and used to cast into a white gold ring and then set with a 0.3g piece of Lunar basalt (Moon rock). Very cool and transformative technology... already wide spread here in California.

Diamonds? Nah. Burning Man wedding ring holds a piece of the moon
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 11:03   #23
God Member

so you have a piece of cheese set in gold ?
Less and DaveinGermany like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..