Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree194Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2015, 17:43   #31
Senior Member+

Re: The Swarm!

Even the immigrants have had enough of them

Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-08-2015, 20:08   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Margaret i honestly think hes just a wind up merchant, which is why i respond to him like i do.
I think just the same as you on this particular character Cashy - in my opinion he is just a troll - quite clever at times, in a twisted way, but a troll whichever way you look at it.
Old 02-08-2015, 23:18   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I think just the same as you on this particular character Cashy - in my opinion he is just a troll - quite clever at times, in a twisted way, but a troll whichever way you look at it.
Are you flirting with me Barrie,could you elaborate "troll"?
Is a troll anyone who has a difference of opinion on Accyweb,a mythical creature perhaps? or is "troll" shorthand for mischievous squire who post provocative comments on a public forum and tries to use his anonymity as a shield?

It's my own fault,I post comments like I'm down the local sat chatting to friends when the inteeweb obviously isn't the place for such loose lipped gibberish.
My comments have been likened to graffiti on the walls of Accyweb so perhaps the mods could introduce a Accyweb picks section where comments from the clique automatically gets shown first that way you wouldn't have to trawl through my brain farts.....trolololol

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 02-08-2015, 23:25   #34

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Even the immigrants have had enough of them

Ah… right…..so dredging up a 2 year old youtube about the influx of Bulgarians is somehow relevant to the word ‘swarm’ or the attempts of economic migrants to flout the law of this land???

And didn’t you attempt to paint someone as a racist earlier in this thread? Yet you think it’s just fine to post this particular video with the comment ‘even the immigrants’ because there are a few black faces and foreign accents from the participants….which to me is far more racist than arguing that anyone coming into this country should follow the rules.

No doubt you will claim it’s just your infantile humour
cashman likes this.
Old 02-08-2015, 23:42   #35
Senior Member+

Infantile humour,poor attempt at satire,call it what you will G,I've already posted my opinions about the topic in hand and I can assure you I'm not a racist...also there was nothing malicious meant by my comment to M.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Old 02-08-2015, 23:57   #36

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Are you flirting with me Barrie,could you elaborate "troll"?
Is a troll anyone who has a difference of opinion on Accyweb,a mythical creature perhaps? or is "troll" shorthand for mischievous squire who post provocative comments on a public forum and tries to use his anonymity as a shield?

It's my own fault,I post comments like I'm down the local sat chatting to friends when the inteeweb obviously isn't the place for such loose lipped gibberish.
My comments have been likened to graffiti on the walls of Accyweb so perhaps the mods could introduce a Accyweb picks section where comments from the clique automatically gets shown first that way you wouldn't have to trawl through my brain farts.....trolololol
Hey guys.....apparently AccyEx is in the chair

Pints of 12% proof incoherency for all and sundry..
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:42   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well to my knowledge no-one has met or knows Guinness? so he cannot be accused of being in the clique, yet he thinks the same.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:37   #38
Beacon of light

Ah! The Clique......
I have been here since October 2004 and I have never been asked to join this elusive, exclusive group.
I feel quite left out.
I wonder if it like joining the Masons?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 15:51   #39
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Someone's been rather mischievous or exceptionally lax. The Berlin "Tagesspiegel" had the front page banner "Flüchtlingskrise wird Chefsache" (refugee crisis to be dealt with by the boss), all well & good you may think, but the unfortunate/mischievous thing about it is that on the same front page they had a still from the new film "Er ist wieder da"(He's back) a satirical film about about Adolf who'd been kipping in his bunker for 66 years & wakes up to modern day multiculti Berlin. My how we giggled.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3543cf8c-fe7d-4f0c-b284-c754e619847f.jpg (43.8 KB, 12 views)
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 07-10-2015, 19:54   #40
Super Moderator

Jeremy Corbyn's reaction to Cameron's comments.

"The anti-foreigner rhetoric and vocabulary being used by the Prime Minister must be challenged head-on."

So, I assume Corbyn is a "PC liberal lefty luvvie"?

Just asking.
Old 07-10-2015, 20:36   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Jeremy Corbyn's reaction to Cameron's comments.

"The anti-foreigner rhetoric and vocabulary being used by the Prime Minister must be challenged head-on."

So, I assume Corbyn is a "PC liberal lefty luvvie"?

Just asking.
seems like it

dosnt seem to show any gratitude either

hes a big fan of pothole covers from what iv read and heard yet despite our MP saving countless pothole covers lives our MP is no longer worthy of been in his clique

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 20:59   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well cameron says he will build 200.000 houses by 2020, that must be to make up some of what his god "Maggie" sold off?" wonder why the media aint mentioned that fact.
Old 07-10-2015, 22:20   #43
Super Moderator

The press have mentioned it on a number of occasions:

David Cameron aims to woo voters with plan for 200,000 discounted homes | Society | The Guardian

As for Jeremy Corbyn's quote, it's just that - a quote. It's not a quote that's been distorted or where one word's been taken out of context, it's what he actually said.

Here's another quote taken from his own website:

"Thank you to the Foreign Secretary for giving way. On the subject of refugees, he’s obviously as aware as everyone else is of the massive flow of migrants across the Mediterranean, many of whom thousands have already died also those in the Andaman Sea and elsewhere. There is a global phenomenon of victims of war, poverty and oppression fleeing in desperate circumstances. Does the government have a strategy of supporting refugees, of supporting saving life at sea, rather than repelling people seeking a place of safety?"

So why is Accyexplorer a "do-gooder PC lefty liberal" for saying similar things, yet Jeremy Corbyn isn't?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:23   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I was referring to mentioning the houses bitchy poo sold off.
Old 08-10-2015, 14:00   #45
Super Moderator

I think people are well aware of Thatcher's great council house sell-off...and the irony of Cameron now embarking on a building scheme to replace them.

As for Corbyn, yes, he's suffered from the press distorting his views. That's why I only ever use his actual quotes or material from his own website.

Quotes like: "The anti-foreigner rhetoric and vocabulary being used by the Prime Minister must be challenged head-on."

As a bit of a Guardian-reading liberal myself, I've no problem with that, however, if Accyexplorer had said those exact same words on here, he would be on the receiving end of all sorts of abuse for being a "left wing liberal bleeding heart do-gooder" etc.

Yet there's almost total silence about Jeremy Corbyn having the same attitudes. Go figure.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..