Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree194Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2016, 12:50   #91
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Whatever your views on the Calais situation, there's no excuse for that sort of hateful bile. Pathetic.
I'm with you completely on this ... and to make such a comment on Holocaust Memorial Day ... And what if Auschwitz were fired up again? Would they still have the "women, children, and elderly first" policy?" Maybe the problem wouldn't be as bad if Europe were still a collection of sovereign states instead of whatever geopolitical mess it has become.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2016, 13:02   #92
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Yup Margaret your self esteem is dependent on your judgement of you. Yes indeedy.

Circle the Wagons.
You are welcome to your xenophobia Margaret, you and all the other prejudiced naysayers with your dystopian prophesies and your not so very thinly veiled ways of sayin' “ I don’t want them in my backyard”
I am quite comfortable in my judgement of myself....and do not need any assurances from you at all.
I am far from being xenophobic. I am just being realistic.
When it comes to providing for people we should be doing this for our own people first.
What we cannot provide for own homeless, we should not be offering to the homeless of another country.

And as far as your comment 'Not in my Backyard' being thinly veiled...it isn't veiled at all. That is exactly what I am saying...and for the reasons I have outlined fully in other posts........but just for you I will reiterate.
Housing(lack of)Schools(places, lack of), health care(already stretched to limits)...the general infrastructure of the country(poor roads, transport etc)...plus the fact that these people...refugees, asylum seekers,migrants...whatever you want to call them do not wish to integrate here...do not want to follow our laws.....would have us tailor OUR lives to their needs, their rules....it is happening right now in other countries...open your eyes and see.
cashman likes this.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 13:05   #93
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: The Swarm!

OH yes, and calling me xenophobic is like attaching the label racist...aimed at stifling healthy debate(in fact, any debate at all) about something which will affect the lives of all of us.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 13:13   #94
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I'm with you completely on this ... and to make such a comment on Holocaust Memorial Day ... And what if Auschwitz were fired up again? Would they still have the "women, children, and elderly first" policy?" Maybe the problem wouldn't be as bad if Europe were still a collection of sovereign states instead of whatever geopolitical mess it has become.
Eric you are right about it being a geopolitical mess.

The open borders of the EU are at fault, but also the political leaders hoping to gain Kudos from inviting those fleeing from their own countries have a lot to answer for.

These invitations have meant that people from all over the middle east and beyond, can gain access to Europe.....it has allowed the possibility of those who would wish us harm to gain access to their target...just by destroying the evidence of who they are and where they hail from.

Yet to say this out loud is to be condemned as a Xenophobe.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 14:49   #95
Super Moderator


 
Wynonie Harris's Avatar
 

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest mate, i dont reckon for 1 min Camerons remark made the remotest difference to what people think about this refugee farce, it certainly didn't to me, people have been really bugged about how n whats happening,long before Camerons remarks.
What it did do is deflect attention from the fact that Cameron and Osborne have yet again let the big multi-national companies off the hook on tax. This is what Corbyn was trying to highlight - wouldn't it be great if us ordinary folk had a 3 per cent tax rate? But we have to pay full whack and watch the NHS and other vital services being decimated by the Tories.
__________________
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 15:23   #96
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: The Swarm!

If all of these multinational companies paid what they REALLYowed then we would be able to ensure t hat the NHS had everything it needed, the cuts to services would not be necessary...and the infrastructure of the Uk could be made suitable for use.
It isn't just this government at fault...although it is the only government which can actively do something right now...but previous governments have allowed large companies to get away with avoiding tax at the rate we pay.....this is not the fault of the companies(they have done nothing illegal - but they have been immoral), but the fault of the governments...both past and present.
cashman and hilleluk like this.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 15:40   #97
Super Moderator


 
Wynonie Harris's Avatar
 

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If all of these multinational companies paid what they REALLYowed then we would be able to ensure t hat the NHS had everything it needed, the cuts to services would not be necessary...and the infrastructure of the Uk could be made suitable for use.
It isn't just this government at fault...although it is the only government which can actively do something right now...but previous governments have allowed large companies to get away with avoiding tax at the rate we pay.....this is not the fault of the companies(they have done nothing illegal - but they have been immoral), but the fault of the governments...both past and present.
Yep, Cameron used that one too. Blame Blair, blame Brown, blame anyone but me. But as you say, "it's the only government that can do something right now." But they're NOT doing anything right now, except letting these companies off the hook then using smokescreen tactics to divert our attention from it.
__________________
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 15:49   #98
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: The Swarm!

I don't think they are doing such a good job of diverting our attention from these failings.
My attention is not diverted(yours neither by the sound of it)...nor is it diverted from the abysmal attempts to try to make us believe that great efforts are being made with reference to renegotiating our deal with the EU.
There is precious little being done about lots of important things.
I might be considered a doddery old bird, but my mind is as sharp as ever it was.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 19:14   #99
a multieloquent Mule

 
DaveinGermany's Avatar
 
Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Ah, so yet another celebrity extolling the virtues of the refugees & sermonizing as to why we should be more accepting. How many other "enlightened luminaries" have been bumping their gums as to what we should do & what they intend to do (but as far as I can see not much happening with that particular puppy though, Geldof, Thompson, Cumberbatch, Colymore & Sturgeon to name a few ....... mouth & trousers comes to mind")

Credit at least to Capaldi as he was over there in JORDAN, a refugee camp close to their home I can understand, but as to enclaves of vice, villainy & thuggery in mainland Europe is beyond my comprehension & ken, especially the squalid nests on the French coast.

Nice try fella, but it doesn't cut it for me ..... 6/10 needs improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Cameron used the phrase deliberately, as he knew it would deflect from the question he was being asked and, hey presto, it worked!
Unbelievable & woeful, if the "Honourable opposition ????", can't focus long enough upon a single topic without being so readily distracted by such simplistic tactics that they instantaneously respond by frothing & foaming like rabid Pavlovian conditioned canines ......... What hope that these misfits could sort a major issue for their electorate?

Here boy! Good girl! Wanna stick? Where's your ball? Good mannimal ...... Fetch!
__________________
I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like half of you, half as well as you deserve. (Bilbo Baggins)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 08:43   #100
I am Banned
 

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Load of immigrants now seems innocuous when compared with calling them boat load of turds, vermin and the suggestion they be driven to the gates of Auschwitz.
Yes Michael, got to wonder where our myopic mods are on this?
I for one however don't want the sad sacks posts deleted, yes I know it's a child friendly forum (it does say that somewhere on here) but leave them on here for all to see.

Last edited by DtheP47; 29-01-2016 at 08:52.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 08:50   #101
I am Banned
 

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ah, so yet another celebrity extolling the virtues of the refugees & sermonizing as to why we should be more accepting. How many other "enlightened luminaries" have been bumping their gums as to what we should do & what they intend to do (but as far as I can see not much happening with that particular puppy though, Geldof, Thompson, Cumberbatch, Colymore & Sturgeon to name a few ....... mouth & trousers comes to mind")

Credit at least to Capaldi as he was over there in JORDAN, a refugee camp close to their home I can understand, but as to enclaves of vice, villainy & thuggery in mainland Europe is beyond my comprehension & ken, especially the squalid nests on the French coast.

Nice try fella, but it doesn't cut it for me ..... 6/10 needs improvement.
6 out of 10 Dave I'll settle for that.
I'll give you 8/10 on Tellings Rules 14 through 17 then.

14) Celebrities don't have feelings.
15) Nor does anybody else for that matter.
16) Except you. Although beware - yours are buried beneath a myriad of complex life issues.
17) Learn to love reading and watching everything you loathe. React immediately to all of it.
Might upgrade you when I've thought a bit more about #17
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 09:23   #102
Junior Member
 

Re: The Swarm!

I'm sure Nazism was abolished due to a unity far removed from the debate today over who should take more or less of these refugees and asylum seekers.

What value does a person put on their principles?
Should we be questioning the integrity of a person who refers to other human beings as vermin and turds and suggests they face persecution at Auschwitch?

How sustained is a commitment to peace and tolerance. A world that is free from fear and animosity and scaremongering over perceived dangers.

Yes of course there are problems at our borders I cannot dispute this but my concern is that the continued tolerance of despicable FOS on here, apparently a child friendly forum, is unnerving.
imagined1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 09:51   #103
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Yes Michael, got to wonder where our myopic mods are on this?
There is a report button.(if you feel that any post is unsuitable then I suggest you use it, or contact a mod directly) The mods cannot be everywhere..they have lives to lead as well as look after the site.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 10:09   #104
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There is a report button.(if you feel that any post is unsuitable then I suggest you use it, or contact a mod directly) The mods cannot be everywhere..they have lives to lead as well as look after the site.
That button seems difficult to grasp fer some.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 10:38   #105
Beacon of light

 
Margaret Pilkington's Avatar
Re: The Swarm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagined1 View Post
How sustained is a commitment to peace and tolerance. A world that is free from fear and animosity and scaremongering over perceived dangers.

Yes of course there are problems at our borders I cannot dispute this but my concern is that the continued tolerance of despicable FOS on here, apparently a child friendly forum, is unnerving.
Yes....that would be lovely wouldn't it?
A world full of peace and tolerance. Maybe you could go to Raqqa and preach that gospel there. I don't think you would get very far before someone said of with his/her head.
The dangers are not just perceived...they are real. Were you asleep when the Paris massacres happened? That was a demonstration of tolerance and peace for you.

Your line in understatement is phenomenal.....problems with our Borders...that is laughable. Border control haven't a Scooby about who is in this country, whether they should be here or what their motives are.

It would be good if you could outline what your acronym FOS stands for. I can hazard a guess at a few...and none of them are suitable to be on a family friendly forum...so that isn't jsut a bit hypocritical is it??
hilleluk likes this.
__________________
Stop wearing a wishbone where your backbone should be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 21:45.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.47677 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1