Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 14:12   #1546
Give, give, give member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
If we wanted a paper boy, to deliver the newspapers, we'd get one.

People are more than capable of accessing news sites for themselves.

Unlike the dim few, the majority of members on here aren't stupid.

Don't expect a tip at Christmas.

You'll have put everyone will be in a coma by then.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2012, 14:18   #1547
Beacon of light

If you want to make a comment on the articles that you find of interest...or you think would interest the members of this forum, then that is well and good, but I suspect you look up the most contentious headlines and post them without having looked at them yourself.

I read a variety of newspapers online - they all give differing slants on what they consider to be the news of the day.....and while they are doing that, I ask myself what is really going on in the world? What are they diverting our attention away from? And more importantly, Why?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 14:50   #1548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I ask myself what is really going on in the world? What are they diverting our attention away from? And more importantly, Why?
Well as far fetched as its sounds they want a " One World Government " , They will create that by causing chaos around the globe like they are doing now with all the wars .. Bush snr , Blair , Brown , Cameron & the pope have all spoke about it .. they want blocs of countries turned into Unions - EU , NAU = North American Union.

They want to crash the dollar & implement a " One World Currency " , Just look at the state of the economy in the UK , EU & America its crashing & looks like it will collapse .

I know plenty of you will say rubbish , what a load of dog do ... but seriously all you have to do is google it ... All the evidence is on the net this is why they want to control the net so they can limit what information gets out.

All the treaties that have been signed for the EU are illegal & go against the Magna Carter 1215 & the Bill of Rights 1689 .. so really Treason has been committed by our government

UK membership of the European Union Collective – an illegal organisation which exists to subsume, usurp and collectivise national sovereignty under the enticing cover of ‘cooperation’ (code for collectivisation) – contravenes the 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 14:52   #1549
Beacon of light

I am glad I am at the bum end of my life.
Old 09-04-2012, 14:56   #1550
Beacon of light

As for a one world currency...have they learned nothing from the experiment that is the Euro?........one size does not fit all, and don't, please don't get me started on the EU and its' ideas about co-operation........my blood pressure won't stand it.....yet according to our illustious Member of Parliament - 95% of us don't give a toss!
Old 09-04-2012, 15:01   #1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
As for a one world currency...have they learned nothing from the experiment that is the Euro?........one size does not fit all, and don't, please don't get me started on the EU and its' ideas about co-operation........my blood pressure won't stand it.....yet according to our illustious Member of Parliament - 95% of us don't give a toss!
Margaret as the say goes , Those who forget about history are deemed to repeat it .
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Old 09-04-2012, 17:50   #1552
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Margaret as the say goes , Those who forget about history are deemed to repeat it .
And there are those who are too thick to know it in the first place, some posters on here can't remember what happened more than 23 months ago
Old 10-04-2012, 13:11   #1553
God Member

its all a game to them. no wonder david cameron started big society Politics UK - News: Rich 'use charities to cut tax'
Old 10-04-2012, 13:22   #1554
God Member

Thatcher and her chums knew what they were doing.BBC News - Welsh Water should sell its water 'like oil' during hosepipe ban personally i think the utilities should be took back into public ownership.they wouldnt need to buy water just source from another part of the country then .how much of the public purse has it cost to privatise and how much of the public purse has gone to the greedy shareholder.this is going to end in disaster this is a shambles .if i were from outer space and looking in i would think these people are loonies dis-functional idiots .all to make a quick buck for their mates.
Old 10-04-2012, 16:12   #1555
Super Moderator

Quote:
if i were from outer space
What do you mean, "if"?
Old 10-04-2012, 18:13   #1556
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What do you mean, "if"?
Absolutely Brilliant Wyn, glad I wasn't having a coffee at the time or my keyboard would be knackered, again
Old 10-04-2012, 18:15   #1557

Quote:
Thatcher and her chums knew what they were doing.BBC News - Welsh Water should sell its water 'like oil' during hosepipe ban personally i think the utilities should be took back into public ownership.they wouldnt need to buy water just source from another part of the country then .how much of the public purse has it cost to privatise and how much of the public purse has gone to the greedy shareholder.this is going to end in disaster this is a shambles .if i were from outer space and looking in i would think these people are loonies dis-functional idiots .all to make a quick buck for their mates.
Ever since Heath signed the 1`st treaty they have known what is going on & that applies to Liebour as well .. nothing will be left to privatise soon
Old 10-04-2012, 19:46   #1558
God Member

its ok we will able to get sponsored from wonga.com

Lets delve a little deeper into millionaire Tory donor Adrian Beecroft’s lust to strip workers of their rights
The “cash for lunches” scandal has shone further light on a government report which proposed that employers be allowed to sack workers at will
Adrian Beecroft produced his report last year at the behest of the government – but nervous Lib Dems opposed it and instead have proposed a similar law aimed at workers in small companies
Venture capitalist Beecroft, who has donated £593,000 to the Conservatives since Cameron became Tory leader in 2005, said companies should be allowed to sack workers at will.
He said:
“While this is sad, I believe it is a price worth paying for all the benefits that would result from the change.”
Following the cash-for-lunches row, civil servants are said to be concerned about the involvement of a major Tory donor in the government’s policy-making process.
Cameron’s allies argue Beecroft had not joined Cameron for lunch at Number 10 or Chequers and say there is no suggestion his companies would have benefited directly from the reforms. The report, submitted last year, remains unpublished.
There are possibly two reasons for this. One, is the involvement of the soon to be permanently departed blues sky thinker Steve Hilton, who proposed a raft of barmy ideas and the second is that the proposal is said to be “too sensitive”. It is suggested the report also included watering down maternity rights.
One official described it as:
“Full of the Tory millionaires’ philosophy that government should not interfere in anything.”
Although the Beecroft report remains unpublished, that of the Free Enterprise Group, a shadowy right wing Parliamentary pressure group which has overlapping membership with the so-called Trade Union Reform Campaign, has been published and co-incidentally calls for reform of maternity/paternity rights and an exemption from dismissal law for micro businesses.
Beecroft is a leading private equity and venture capitalist. He joined Apax Partners in 1984 and grew its funds to $20bn before retiring. He is now chairman of Dawn Capital - which owns Wonga, the online short-term high-interest loans company. There is growing public concern at “pay day loan” companies and the massive interest they charge vunerable people. He is estimated to be worth £100 million
Old 10-04-2012, 19:51   #1559
Beacon of light

Where's the attribution.......it isn't your own work because it is punctuated.(although there is a spelling mistake - vulnerable...not vunerable)
C'mon...you're slipping. cut 'n' paste.
Old 10-04-2012, 21:27   #1560
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If we wanted a paper boy, to deliver the newspapers, we'd get one.
There you go again speaking for other people.. who are these "WE"?.. do you speak for these "we" people or did you set yourself up as the spokesman?.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..