Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 19:12   #151
God Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If the coalition government hadn't taken the financial steps that they did, then we would have found ourselves in a similar position to Ireland...with out credit rating downgraded......we really would be in the doo doo then.
And were do you get this information from?.. can you show any real evidence that this country would have been in the same position as Ireland?...you seem unable to grasp the concept that every single advance economy in the world has suffered a global recession over the last 4yrs or so... this country was emerging out of that recession in 2010 along with Germany and France, but the policies of this government that are based purely on ideology are cutting growth, cutting standards of living and cutting jobs.
Margaret I reckon you have lived through a few governments wether tory labour and now these condems..(well maybe two) do you really believe this government ?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2011, 19:39   #152
God Member

and where is the boss of the imf yes in custody accused of rape what a shady bunch you should trust if they were doing their job properly we wouldnt be in this mess
Old 06-06-2011, 19:49   #153
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
And were do you get this information from?.. can you show any real evidence that this country would have been in the same position as Ireland?...you seem unable to grasp the concept that every single advance economy in the world has suffered a global recession over the last 4yrs or so... this country was emerging out of that recession in 2010 along with Germany and France, but the policies of this government that are based purely on ideology are cutting growth, cutting standards of living and cutting jobs.
Margaret I reckon you have lived through a few governments wether tory labour and now these condems..(well maybe two) do you really believe this government ?

Mancie...please do not put words into my mouth that I haven't said.
I said that Britain would be in a similar position to Ireland(that, believe it or not is a bit different)...and what I meant by that is that we would (like Ireland) have had our credit rating downgraded...this would mean that we would not be allowed to borrow money at the rates we are borrowing at now......the international community would charge us much more for the money they doled out.

I know all about the global recession which was precipitated in America with toxic loans and the banks taking on dire risks without thinking of what would happen if the worst came to the worst(which it did)......and I did actually point that out in an earlier post.
As for us emerging out of the recession...I think that is an optimistic politically enhanced view. You are believing what the Labour spin docotors tell you.

I can only tell you that my views on the financial state of this country are as I have stated before........we, as a country spent money foolishly...money that we didn't have. Money that now has to be found from somewhere.

Please believe me....if the Labour party had got back into power, they would be making the same kind of swingeing cuts, despite their claims to the contrary.....the thing about being in opposition is that you can say anything you damn well like ....it is never going to be tested....and they know that.....and they think we are fool enough not to know that.

I know that if I go to Tesco and try to buy my groceries and cannot pay the bill .......then I have to do without something.......and that something might be sorely missed...but I cannot have what I cannot pay for.
As a country we are in the same kind of situations...we cannot have what cannot be funded.

As I also said in a previous post, 13 months is not long enough to clear up the financial mess that was left by the previous incumbents.

The International Monetary fund seem to think that what is being done in the way of reining in spending, is the right way to go.........and for governments, these are the guys that have to be pleased.....they are the ones who hold the international purse strings.

I do not care about the colour of the shirt the government wears......it matters not one jot to me whether we have Labour, Tory Lib Dems...or a group of monkeys running the country, as long as they can sort out the problems that we are beset by.

I don't quite know how many times I have to tell you this to be believed...and it is getting tedious. I have NO POLITICAL ALLEGIANCE.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 06-06-2011 at 19:52.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 19:50   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
and where is the boss of the imf yes in custody accused of rape what a shady bunch you should trust if they were doing their job properly we wouldnt be in this mess
Good God.............how many straws do you need to suck on?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 19:50   #155
Beacon of light

Sorry for such a long ungainly post.
I had to do it!
Old 06-06-2011, 20:01   #156
God Member

Quote:
Sorry for such a long ungainly post.
I had to do it!
Yes it was long.. and you could have simply said you think this government will do a better job than the last one.. but you insist on talking to us as if we are little kids who know nothing of economics.. Tesco?.. you remind me of another Margaret from the 80's who spoke down to the country .. her economics was based on slicing a pie and long drawn out speeches basically telling the population how stupid they must be not to understand..rubbish

Last edited by Mancie; 06-06-2011 at 20:04.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:11   #157
Beacon of light

See...you are doing it again......Unless of course the text you are reading is different to what I posted.
Nowhere did I say that I think this government will do a better job than the last one.

If i talk to you like you a little child(a kid is a baby goat) who understands nothing about economics, then that might have something to do with the demonstration of your understanding in your posts.

If you showed some sense instead of just spouting political dogma then perhaps things might be different.
And just because I remind you of Margaret Thatcher does not mean that I am like her.
I'm not sure if I should be flattered or insulted. How about if I let you choose?
Old 06-06-2011, 20:22   #158
God Member

Quote:
The last 13 months the coalition government(not the tories) have been trying to clear up the mess left by 13 years of labour chucking money about like it was falling from the sky as rain.
You think that 13 months is time enough to put things right do you? From where I am sitting it seems like you have the better end of the deal here.....free prescriptions, free university tuition, free care for the elderly.
SUMO! (shut up-move one) and I mean that most respectfully. We all have to suffer these privations because of bad financial policy - no regulation of the banking industry - the sale of gold reserves at a time when we didn't actually need the money....by a Labour chancellor...just in case you are in any doubt......of course there were global influences in force too, but they were not the whole story.......and the Labour givernment knew about these 7 months before they actually let on or did anything at all about it.
The open door policy of the Labour government let in people who should not be here.......who have claimed money from the communal pot.
I could go on and on.
Well maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick .. but to a neutral I'd say that it's pretty clear you regard this government as more able than the last lot..and I'm in no doubt you could go "on and on"..

Last edited by Mancie; 06-06-2011 at 20:27.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:28   #159
Beacon of light

Do I?????
Where does it actually say that?
I didn't vote...for any of them as I feared that they were sending boys to do a man's job.
(I discount Gordon Brown, because if the Labour party had gained a victory then I am pretty sure he would have been replaced).
I was actually trying to point out the failings of the last government.......and had I gone into them all it would have been longer.
Nowhere have I passed any judgement on this coalition government...either negative or positive.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:29   #160
Beacon of light

Anyway, now you have offended me...I am going to burger off.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:32   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick .. but to a neutral I'd say that it's pretty clear you regard this government as more able than the last lot..and I'm in no doubt you could go "on and on"..
Not like you Mancie to throw the towel in

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 20:36   #162
Beacon of light

He hasn't really thrown the towel in...he has just gone off to regroup......and to find some other barb to stick in my hide.
As if comparing me to Margaret Thatcher isn't enough!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 06-06-2011 at 20:38.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:41   #163
God Member

Quote:
Do I?????
Where does it actually say that?
I didn't vote...for any of them as I feared that they were sending boys to do a man's job.
(I discount Gordon Brown, because if the Labour party had gained a victory then I am pretty sure he would have been replaced).
I was actually trying to point out the failings of the last government.......and had I gone into them all it would have been longer.
Nowhere have I passed any judgement on this coalition government...either negative or positive.
"If the coalition government hadn't taken the financial steps that they did, then we would have found ourselves in a similar position to Ireland...with out credit rating downgraded......we really would be in the doo doo then."

I'd say that was a positive for this government..and fair enough.. but please don't give us all a lecture on how bad the last lot were..
Old 06-06-2011, 20:47   #164
God Member

Quote:
He hasn't really thrown the towel in...he has just gone off to regroup......and to find some other barb to stick in my hide.
As if comparing me to Margaret Thatcher isn't enough!
The comparison to Thatcher is as far as you regard cuts as the best way to recovery .. I don't.. and that is all.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:49   #165
Beacon of light

That wasn't an opinion, it was fact.
You are being pedantic...reading into my posts what you want to see.
I don't need to give anyone a lecture(which I wasn't doing anyway....just pointing out salient facts)we are living with the results of the last government.....painful isn't it?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..