Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 20:50   #166
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
The comparison to Thatcher is as far as you regard cuts as the best way to recovery .. I don't.. and that is all.
Again....I didn't actually say that.
I said that we couldn't buy what we couldn't afford. I didn't say I approved of the cuts.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2011, 20:52   #167
God Member

the imf has downgraded the growth for britain but says the goverments policies are right. dont make sense.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:52   #168
Beacon of light

And you can't explain away your insult in such a blase fashion either.
Old 06-06-2011, 20:54   #169
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the imf has downgraded the growth for britain but says the goverments policies are right. dont make sense.
It would be useless to explain it to you. Mancie would think I was lecturing again!
If I could lecture, I'd be doing it for money.
Old 06-06-2011, 21:03   #170
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And you can't explain away your insult in such a blase fashion either.
Do you regard it an insult when I compare you to Thatcher?... why is that?.. she had the same sort of outlook you seem to have.. as in cuts to everything are a necessity we all have to suffer because of the last government..anyone alive in the 80's knew that as a basic policiy of the tories..you seem to agree with that policiy so why should you think it as an insult?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 21:05   #171
God Member

now the imf are telling the goverment to cut taxes. i think everyones been a bit premature in listening to the lazy journalists in this countryso here whats been said economic growth downgraded ,cut taxes but hey increasing poverty for people who are working is ok temporary tax cuts inject money borrow more thats what the imf really said sounds familiar
Old 06-06-2011, 21:15   #172
God Member

when you look at this chart it seems weve all been victims of scaremongering lying lazy press
Attached Images
File Type: png dpg.png (10.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-06-2011, 21:16   #173
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
now the imf are telling the goverment to cut taxes. i think everyones been a bit premature in listening to the lazy journalists in this countryso here whats been said economic growth downgraded ,cut taxes but hey increasing poverty for people who are working is ok temporary tax cuts inject money borrow more thats what the imf really said sounds familiar
Tax cuts have always been used to create growth in the economy and could be used again..tax cuts cause even more inflation.. at this time I think it would be a good idea.. but this lot should look at cutting the 20% VAT.. and cutting tax on fuel and domestic use..I don't think they will do it because the only agenda is to let prices rocket and hope for the best.. same as usuall.
Old 06-06-2011, 21:42   #174
Senior Member+

To be fair to margaret i think you need a visit to specsavers because you seem to be reading something totally different to what i am seeing.She seems to be saying that the policies being implemented are the right ones for the situation we find ourselves in , which is a different kettle of fish to all out support for the present government, whoever happened to be in power at this time would have to be doing something similar to try and pull us from the mire , whether they be tory, labour whatever.And before you think i am a blue or red supporter i would like to say i too have no time for any of them really ,i wouldnt trust any of them as far as i could throw them.
Old 06-06-2011, 21:48   #175
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

gotta agree wi walkinman, in all his comment.
Old 06-06-2011, 21:53   #176
Beacon of light

Quote:
Do you regard it an insult when I compare you to Thatcher?... why is that?.. she had the same sort of outlook you seem to have.. as in cuts to everything are a necessity we all have to suffer because of the last government..anyone alive in the 80's knew that as a basic policiy of the tories..you seem to agree with that policiy so why should you think it as an insult?
Mancie, you are entitled to your opinion.
I don't know how you can judge my outlook...you fail to grasp what it is.
Unless, of course because I criticise the last government you make the assumption that I am in favour of everything that this government(which by the way is not just Tory...it has Lib Dem elements in it...but silly me.....am I lecturing again?)does.
You are sadly deluded. I distrust all politicians. I question what they are doing and why. I read as many newspapers(of all persuasions) as I can.
I think and reason for myself. I do not follow narrow political dogma's or ideologies.
And I can be insulted by your comparing me to Mrs Thatcher because it indicates that you do not believe any of the information I have told you about my lack of political affiliation.
You continue to read into my posts what is not there.
If you took off your pink spectacles you might do better.
Old 06-06-2011, 21:59   #177
Beacon of light

By the way Mancie, putting a smilie after a contentious or insulting comment doesn't make it feel any less insulting.
Old 06-06-2011, 22:10   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
To be fair to margaret i think you need a visit to specsavers because you seem to be reading something totally different to what i am seeing.She seems to be saying that the policies being implemented are the right ones for the situation we find ourselves in , which is a different kettle of fish to all out support for the present government, whoever happened to be in power at this time would have to be doing something similar to try and pull us from the mire , whether they be tory, labour whatever.And before you think i am a blue or red supporter i would like to say i too have no time for any of them really ,i wouldnt trust any of them as far as i could throw them.
And that is were we differ..I don't think the present policies of cut slash burn are good for the future of this country whichever way it is looked at.. some one once said you can judge a country on how they treat the old and sick.. the cuts this government are imposing will affect the old and sick.. to my mind there is not much room to move.. we either take care of our less well off or go headlong into cuts that will destroy the NHS, destroy the already underfunded social care facilities and could wipe out any form of local care.. now can you defend that?
Old 06-06-2011, 22:18   #179
Senior Member+

Quote:
And that is were we differ..I don't think the present policies of cut slash burn are good for the future of this country whichever way it is looked at.. some one once said you can judge a country on how they treat the old and sick.. the cuts this government are imposing will affect the old and sick.. to my mind there is not much room to move.. we either take care of our less well off or go headlong into cuts that will destroy the NHS, destroy the already underfunded social care facilities and could wipe out any form of local care.. now can you defend that?
You tell me what Labour would do then ????? And would it be all that different and be honest!
Old 06-06-2011, 22:27   #180
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
You tell me what Labour would do then ????? And would it be all that different and be honest!
No..labour have gone and to keep harking back is not good enough..you tell me what this government will do ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..