Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2012, 22:20   #1966
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Tories

Well after watching Panorama tonight the tories have really helped the schools, Probably done more harm in 2 yrs than Labour did in 13.
Old 25-09-2012, 00:09   #1967
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well after watching Panorama tonight the tories have really helped the schools, Probably done more harm in 2 yrs than Labour did in 13.
That was terrible - but weren't the seeds sown in Labour years?

Regardless the schools should be protected from those crooks. Their scams were similar to what criminals used to do in the 60's - you set up a bogus company, build up a credit rating until you can get goods on HP and then go bankrupt and keep the money from selling the goods. That computer scam was very similar.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 04:54   #1968
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh come on Jay, did you really have to quote all of his post just to say that?
Just think of how much space you're taking up on the overworked servers?
Yup ...especially as he doesn't seem to have read the post.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 08:43   #1969
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Yup ...especially as he doesn't seem to have read the post.
Why read again the diatribe spouted on here time after time by Jockstrap and is pal down London
Old 25-09-2012, 08:51   #1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I ain't wasting my time wade through crap that's been pedalled out for over two years, what you wrote has been repeated dozens of times before if you'd care to read it would save you even bothering repeating it again and again and again
The problem is, Jay, it does need repeating over and over again until people realise just how undemocratic, arrogant and downright slavish in their attitude to the wealthy and privileged they are.
Even on TV last night they were yet again being criticised for being arrogant and out of touch with reality.
It's not just me saying these things, Jay. They were given a chance at the last election and, with the help of the spineless Lib-Dems, are leading us to God knows where. But it ain't out of recession, that's for sure.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:04   #1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Houseboy, yes I am a capitalist and therefore right wing, unfortunately that means you and others on here believe that to be a blue through and through.
I watched the last Labour government act just like their predecessor. In some ways worse, the off the balance sheets PFI deals Gordon and Tony made with their new best friends the Bankers. Plunging our health service, schools etc into massive debts and creating a time bomb of debt for years to come.
Let's face it Gordon Brown in the first term, blew away £2 billion pounds by selling over half of our Gold Reserves when the market was at a all time low.
Very shrewd.
So are the current lot any better?
Who knows, we will only find out in years to come.
Personally I feel that all politicians should be taken outside and .......
Don't disagree with your last point at all (about politicians, etc.).
The thing is you and I are probably the opposite sides of the same coin. You are right wing without necessarilly being a Tory (if I read you right) and I am left wing whilst being quite a way from being a Labour supporter just now.
Capitalism is fine if it is kept under some sort of control (that is where the "mixed economy" (prior Thatcher) came into it's own. But left unfettered it descends into what even some Tories in the past have described as the unacceptable face of capitalism.
Unfortunately I fear that that is what modern Toryism has become.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:14   #1972
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
The problem is, Jay, it does need repeating over and over again until people realise just how undemocratic, arrogant and downright slavish in their attitude to the wealthy and privileged they are.
Even on TV last night they were yet again being criticised for being arrogant and out of touch with reality.
It's not just me saying these things, Jay. They were given a chance at the last election and, with the help of the spineless Lib-Dems, are leading us to God knows where. But it ain't out of recession, that's for sure.
Your Problem is just the same of the likes of C'Mon, Mancie and company, your all in denial, no doubt if you'd have been a member during Labours years in Government you wouldn't have said a dickybird either about their abysmal management of the countries finances, the first post C'mon made on politics was after May 2010 prior to that his only interests were the Dog Stabbers of Accrington, and all you've don't is kept referring back to Thatcher, and you blame me for keep harping on about the past Labour administration. It's rather strange that during Labour's office they did not repeal one legislation brought in by the previous government, why if they opposed them so much, could only mean they endorsed them.
Old 25-09-2012, 09:27   #1973

Quote:
Your Problem is just the same of the likes of C'Mon, Mancie and company, your all in denial, no doubt if you'd have been a member during Labours years in Government you wouldn't have said a dickybird either about their abysmal management of the countries finances, the first post C'mon made on politics was after May 2010 prior to that his only interests were the Dog Stabbers of Accrington, and all you've don't is kept referring back to Thatcher, and you blame me for keep harping on about the past Labour administration. It's rather strange that during Labour's office they did not repeal one legislation brought in by the previous government, why if they opposed them so much, could only mean they endorsed them.
The problem is that modern Toryism (which is the main problem) started with Thatcher and it is very difficult to make a critique of it without reference to her. In that sense she looms large over the whole political scene even to this day.
As for being in denial, how wrong can you be? You have said yourself that you can't be bothered to read my "diatribe". That means that you have missed the numerous occasions that I have said that I am definitely not happy with the Labour party and will never argue in their favour if I believe them to be wrong.
The Labour party, much to my irritation, didn't repeal any of the major things done by Thatcher and since but if you look at political history in this country you will find that that rarely happens on either side. Case in point: why have the Tories never done away with the NHS and state schooling despite their obvious idealogical hatred of both?
Old 25-09-2012, 09:45   #1974

Just a quick point on my last post. I said the Tories have never done away with the NHS and state schooling, which is true in the context of my argument, but they certainly are trying to dismantle them, which I suppose emphasises my point about their hatred of them. To do away with them up front would be political suicide of course.
Old 25-09-2012, 10:05   #1975
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Just a quick point on my last post. I said the Tories have never done away with the NHS and state schooling, which is true in the context of my argument, but they certainly are trying to dismantle them, which I suppose emphasises my point about their hatred of them. To do away with them up front would be political suicide of course.
So lets see then your offered a job and one of the perks is private health insurance, I presume you'd turn down that part of the package on principal then
Old 25-09-2012, 13:16   #1976

Quote:
So lets see then your offered a job and one of the perks is private health insurance, I presume you'd turn down that part of the package on principal then
Actually yes, and I have. The problem with private medicine is it is extremely limited as to what it can offer. If any major things need doing they shunt them off to NHS hospitals and push there patients in front of NHS patients, which of course, morally, should never happen. If we are going to have private medicine in this country then okay, I don't have a problem with that. But the private medical companies should be made to invest more of their profits into making there own hospitals able to cope with all problems. Never, in my opinion, should the two co-exist. The only reason they do use NHS hospitals is quite simply because they are better. Private hospitals are okay if you have a relatively minor problem and want to stay in a hotel.
I have in the past accepted private dental care because it was the only thing available at that time (thanks to the Tories) and it meant I didn't have to pay. I can now say that I am now in the care of an NHS dentist, and very good he is to.
Old 25-09-2012, 19:55   #1977
God Member

offerd a job, the tories are trying their best to make people never to work again.have the tories gave up on their ideology of people owning their own home as they try and dismantle every permanent job by destroying workers rights and creating an atmosphere of fear.everything that has been great about britain is being destroyed by the enemy of britain within.
Old 26-09-2012, 09:22   #1978
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
offerd a job, the tories are trying their best to make people never to work again.have the tories gave up on their ideology of people owning their own home as they try and dismantle every permanent job by destroying workers rights and creating an atmosphere of fear.everything that has been great about britain is being destroyed by the enemy of britain within.
Where do you work these days C'mon
Old 26-09-2012, 09:45   #1979
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
What an absolute pile of gobmanure!
The Tory's want me to find a job, the system in place insists that I look for and find a job as soon as possible, that I agree with.
What I don't agree with is being forced to accept an insecure, temporary, underpaid job just to improve the unemployment figures, because I'll only end up back on the dole when the employer has finished using me.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 15:05   #1980
God Member

If you can't stand the Tories, if you can't trust Labour, if you believe that the Lib-Dems are a joke, if you can't stomach the UKIP, why not vote for something completely different?

Anderson Cooper endorses Tuxedo Stan for mayor | CTV Atlantic News

I'm sure a candidate like Stan would get Tealeaf's vote
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..