Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2012, 17:38   #1981
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The Tories

We've already got Cats in power haven't we ? ......................... Oh silly me, it's not cats, it's Pussies .................... the English language & it's nuances eh ?

And while I think on "Call me Dave" in interview on the radio today while talking about foreign aid mentioned something about not cutting it as he'd made a "promise". Really ? Funny thing is, he seems a bit hazy about other promises he's made.

Two faced, lying, hypocrite !
Old 26-09-2012, 17:58   #1982
God Member

tongue in cheek that less lol, jaysay cant say where i work im sworn to secrecy
Old 26-09-2012, 18:24   #1983
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
tongue in cheek that less lol, jaysay cant say where i work im sworn to secrecy
Ya so your on the dole then
Old 26-09-2012, 20:26   #1984
God Member

im lucky, i havent ever been on the dole
Old 26-09-2012, 23:22   #1985
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
We've already got Cats in power haven't we ? ......................... Oh silly me, it's not cats, it's Pussies .................... the English language & it's nuances eh ?

And while I think on "Call me Dave" in interview on the radio today while talking about foreign aid mentioned something about not cutting it as he'd made a "promise". Really ? Funny thing is, he seems a bit hazy about other promises he's made.

Two faced, lying, hypocrite !
"Nuances eh" Looks like we might have to make you an honorary Canadian In no time, we'll have you rooting for the Leafs and drinking Molson Canadian ... not a bad brew, by the way.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 04:54   #1986
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
"Nuances eh" Looks like we might have to make you an honorary Canadian In no time, we'll have you rooting for the Leafs and drinking Molson Canadian ... not a bad brew, by the way.
Would be rather chuffed to be an honorary Canadian, just as long as I don't have to do the French bit. And I do believe I supped a Molson or two while adventuring in the "Hat".
Old 27-09-2012, 08:27   #1987

I see Cameron embarrassed himself in the US last night on the late show. David Letterman asked him a few "British History" questions and he struggled. How can anyone not know that Magna Carta means Great Charter? I thought we all learned that at school? He's a politician for Gods sake. He didn't know the populations of the individual UK countries either. And these were just two that the privately educated buffoon couldn't answer. One of the presenters on the news this morning said maybe he should take a citizenship test. Sounds like a good idea.
Anyone remember the Monty Python spoof show Upper Class Twit of the Year?
Old 27-09-2012, 20:39   #1988
God Member

Quote:
Would be rather chuffed to be an honorary Canadian, just as long as I don't have to do the French bit. And I do believe I supped a Molson or two while adventuring in the "Hat".
I've run into a few rather delectable French bits in my travels to la belle Province
Old 27-09-2012, 20:42   #1989
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
I see Cameron embarrassed himself in the US last night on the late show. David Letterman asked him a few "British History" questions and he struggled. How can anyone not know that Magna Carta means Great Charter? I thought we all learned that at school? He's a politician for Gods sake. He didn't know the populations of the individual UK countries either. And these were just two that the privately educated buffoon couldn't answer. One of the presenters on the news this morning said maybe he should take a citizenship test. Sounds like a good idea.
Anyone remember the Monty Python spoof show Upper Class Twit of the Year?
Loved that Python skit If Cameron did know about the Magna Carta, he would probably dismiss it as communist propaganda.
Old 28-09-2012, 00:04   #1990
Senior Member+

First person has been sentenced to prison for squatting under the new anti-squatting laws brought in by the Tories...

London squatter first to be jailed - London - News - Evening Standard

It is often foreign criminal gangs who have been targetting private houses for squatting then charging immigrants to stay in them - this has ruined squatting for genuine homeless people.

What next under the Tories - return of the workhouse?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 07:45   #1991
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
First person has been sentenced to prison for squatting under the new anti-squatting laws brought in by the Tories...

It is often foreign criminal gangs who have been targetting private houses for squatting then charging immigrants to stay in them - this has ruined squatting for genuine homeless people.

Not a very good argument against the Tory scum IMHO, if someone was illegally squatting in a house i owned, i would be delighted n bet most people would.
Old 28-09-2012, 08:02   #1992
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not a very good argument against the Tory scum IMHO, if someone was illegally squatting in a house i owned, i would be delighted n bet most people would.
Cashy An upstanding person such as yourself must have come across the phrase 'Property is Theft'?

Well if it is the squatters are handling stolen goods so, perhaps they should be prosecuted even harsher than they at last are being?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 08:30   #1993
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Yet more stupidity
Old 28-09-2012, 15:42   #1994
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
It is often foreign criminal gangs (allowed in via labours open door policy & continued by the present government) who have been targetting private houses for squatting then charging immigrants (see above) to stay in them - this has ruined squatting for genuine homeless people.(?)
Genuine homeless people ? Not really a goer is it Kes ? I'm pretty sure you'd be up in arms & demanding that plod do something about it if it was a property of yours

Squatter - a person who settles on land or occupies property without title, right, or payment of rent. (from dictionary.com )
Old 28-09-2012, 17:41   #1995
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Genuine homeless people ? Not really a goer is it Kes ? I'm pretty sure you'd be up in arms & demanding that plod do something about it if it was a property of yours

Squatter - a person who settles on land or occupies property without title, right, or payment of rent. (from dictionary.com )
Be more sympathetic Dave he might be homeless now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..