Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2012, 23:03   #2011
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasjohnward View Post
Yes you are absolutely correct I haven't read any political threads on here, what I have done is engaged in real political debate at the Oxford Union and shared a picket line with the South Wales miners in 1984. Iv'e been present when this system that we live under has tried to shut the gobs of working people at Orgreave. No wonder then that if this is what passes for political debate in Accrington that the investment bankers go unpunished and the rest of us pay for their greed. Thanks for the opportunity to hear your views they have been very revealing.
You pompous arrogant git, Yeh know it all n know sod all,
Old 30-09-2012, 23:08   #2012
Junior Member+

Thanks for that your opinion has be noted and disregarded.
lasjohnward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 23:11   #2013
Junior Member+

P.S. it says in your profile that you are open minded, you might want to re-think that one.
Old 30-09-2012, 23:46   #2014
Super Moderator

Quote:
P.S. it says in your profile that you are open minded, you might want to re-think that one.
I don't think you're going to recruit many to the great workers' uprising. You seem to have a an excellent ability to rub people up the wrong way by talking down to them.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26   #2015
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It says in your profile:-

Quote:
Redundant since April 2012 after 25 years in the NHS
Well there will be no time to man the barricades now, you'll have to find a proper job and start working for a living.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34   #2016
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh for gods sake another DH
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:36   #2017
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It says in your profile:-

Well there will be no time to man the barricades now, you'll have to find a proper job and start working for a living.
Its easy to see why he/she are now unemployed
Old 01-10-2012, 08:42   #2018
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Thanks for that your opinion has be noted and disregarded.
Quote:
Not really,cos as well as that,I have an ability to suss out clowns pretty quickly (Or so people have told me) And in your case i have. Whilst i cannot claim to be correct every time i reckon 99% i am. so as yeh fall in that rather large percentage, i would love yeh to prove me wrong,Cos thats another of me qualities, I can always hold me hand up when proved wrong.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:54   #2019
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Not really,cos as well as that,I have an ability to suss out clowns pretty quickly (Or so people have told me) And in your case i have. Whilst i cannot claim to be correct every time i reckon 99% i am. so as yeh fall in that rather large percentage, i would love yeh to prove me wrong,Cos that's another of me qualities, I can always hold me hand up when proved wrong.
The only problem I have with that cashy are you sure he's a clown, think that is being too generous really
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06   #2020
Junior Member+

Hello, I freely admit that I have a tendency to irritate people I think that is largely down to a genetic predisposition to Lancashire plain speaking. If my comments have caused you or anyone else real discomfort the I apologise unreservedly, however I do like to stimulate debate.
I can assure you that I am no clown or DH (as another poster has suggested) but I do reserve the right not to agree with everyone for a quiet life or to gain popularity. And for the benefit of the previous poster I was chosen for redundancy partly because I have had serious health problems recently (although I can't prove that) and my career in the NHS hopefully bears testament to my commitment to others.
Old 01-10-2012, 13:11   #2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think that is largely down to a genetic predisposition to Lancashire plain speaking.
Plenty of Lancashire plain speaking on here and you've been on the receiving end of some of it. However, your pompous, hectoring tone ("for God's sake wake up") does your cause no favours at all. It may come as a surprise to you, but ordinary folk don't like being talked to like that.
Old 01-10-2012, 13:12   #2022
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Plenty of Lancashire plain speaking on here and you've been on the receiving end of some of it. However, your pompous, hectoring tone ("for God's sake wake up") does your cause no favours at all. It may come as a surprise to you, but ordinary folk don't like being talked to like that.
Exactly why i said clown, which he denies.
Old 01-10-2012, 14:20   #2023
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It isn't a case of being talked to...it is a case of being talked at.
That is something that will neither win him friends or influence.

We are all entitled to our opinion...and some of us have spent a long time acquiring our opinions...but for you to take three years to decide what we all are, and what we are about is just a bit arrogant.....but I don't expect you to agree with that either......and beware, tossing out contentious statements in a drive to stimulate discussion could be seen by some as 'trolling'......do we feed trolls?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 17:49   #2024
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hello, I freely admit that I have a tendency to irritate people I think that is largely down to a genetic predisposition to Lancashire plain speaking. If my comments have caused you or anyone else real discomfort the I apologise unreservedly, however I do like to stimulate debate.
I can assure you that I am no clown or DH (as another poster has suggested) but I do reserve the right not to agree with everyone for a quiet life or to gain popularity. And for the benefit of the previous poster I was chosen for redundancy partly because I have had serious health problems recently (although I can't prove that) and my career in the NHS hopefully bears testament to my commitment to others.
Um you've had serious health problems recently, welcome to the club then you certainly won't be on your own on here, not by a long chalk
Old 01-10-2012, 18:33   #2025
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well well heres one that really takes the biscuit.this tory lot are unbelievable.has there been another any mp with two names rather been two faced Grant Shapps denies 'double life' accusations despite business alter ego - UK Politics - UK - The Independent
But you won't mention this though.

Secret police probe into Labour MP's £500,000 - Telegraph

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..