Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 22:04   #2131
Super Moderator

Re: The Tories

There y'go, Jock, I'll do your job for you!

George Osborne bought paddock with taxpayer's money - Telegraph
Old 08-12-2012, 00:49   #2132
God Member

every day joe would be arrested for fraud but i bet he dosnt even loose his job

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:09   #2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
One story that the semi-literate Jock won't be telling you about:

Margaret Hodge's family company pays just 0.01pc tax on £2.1bn of business generated in the UK - Telegraph

Hypocrisy pure and simple.
We'll have to wait and see on that .....

On BBC TV - 3 December 2012 Margaret Hodge, the chair of the Public Accounts Committee is to take action over claims about the tax affairs of a company started by her father, where her brother is executive chairman and she holds shares.
Margaret Hodge told Jo Coburn that the allegations about the Stemcor firm were "completely wrong", adding that they were "scurrilous and defamatory".
Newspapers have questioned the amount of tax paid by the firm, while the MP criticises large multinationals - such as Amazon, Google and Starbucks - about the amount they pay in the UK.

Boeing Guy likes this.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:25   #2134
God Member

plain and simple i wouldnt have mentioned it because the thread is about the tories i vote labour because they are the lesser of evils and brought in the national minimum wage.i am a brownite because he stopped us from joining the euro and was bring growth to the country before he was stitched up by murdoch. the gold reserves i hear,he saved us more money in the long run beacause he kept the interest down on debt.he had a plan which was bringing down the debt with still having growth without picking on the weak ie disabled.do you know suicide has more than quadrupled since the tory cuts.the country is now awash with food kitchens run by oddball charities and the end is near with universal credit coming no jobcentres just oddball charities.complain about the jobcentres but try looking for a job now its a monster of a job
Old 09-12-2012, 11:44   #2135
Beacon of light

I think you logic regarding Gordon Brown and the selling of the gold reserves is flawed....he didn't need to sell our reserves...and what was stopping him from not selling the gold AND bringing down the debt by promoting growth.
My recollection of a past government is that it made it almost a career choice for some people to go on benefits and stay on benefits.
It made it so that it didn't pay to stir your stumps and work...but to sit back and let some other poor schmuck do it for you.
I see some of these so called weak and disabled driving around in new cars...provided by the tax payer.
OK.......I know some really disabled people too who are grateful for what they get.

And one of the prime reasons why it is so damn difficult to get a job now is that we lived in an era where you could have it all now and pay later.(the watch word was 'Borrow, borrow, borrow - we can pay it back tomorrow)
Well, LATER has come...and it isn't much fun....for anyone
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:55   #2136

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
plain and simple i wouldnt have mentioned it because the thread is about the tories i vote labour because they are the lesser of evils and brought in the national minimum wage.i am a brownite because he stopped us from joining the euro and was bring growth to the country before he was stitched up by murdoch. the gold reserves i hear,he saved us more money in the long run beacause he kept the interest down on debt.he had a plan which was bringing down the debt with still having growth without picking on the weak ie disabled.do you know suicide has more than quadrupled since the tory cuts.the country is now awash with food kitchens run by oddball charities and the end is near with universal credit coming no jobcentres just oddball charities.complain about the jobcentres but try looking for a job now its a monster of a job
1) on Growth: He forgot the old adage "Don't keep all your eggs in one basket". His government presided over a land of shopkeepers, fast food providers and money lenders. When the money lending world collapsed we had nothing else to export.
2) on low pay: What's your idea of a wage for the above shop assistants, fast food servers and cleaners? These used to be part time/unskilled/or basic trained jobs for housewives & students to earn some pin money.
3) on Interest Rates: Countries like us who print their own money can do most things that countries who have to buy their currency can't. The Bank of England had to lend money to the banks at a low rate - if they didn't the high street banks would have disappeared along with their customers money.
4) On Jobs: Throughout the noughties the majority of jobs were for sales and marketing personnel to sell loans to us mere mortals. Job vacancies these days now include Production Managers and other manufacturing jobs... it looks like we are slowly rebuilding our manufacturing base.
5) On Standard of Living This country needs to earn cash which we can distribute to the poor and we can only do this if we export. Currently it's not only Google, Top Shop, etc., who send money out of the country - don't forget there are many Brits living abroad who receive pensions from the UK but spend it abroad, additionally there are foreign nationals here who also send money and child benefits abroad to support their families.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:57   #2137

sorry I duplicated my posting
Old 10-12-2012, 22:19   #2138
God Member

1 and 4 youve contradicted your self ,not one goverment can force a population to not want these services. as for manufacturing jobs they have halved since 2008. 5 standard of living has lessened with ultra rise in tax for the working family .£250.00 for the average family thats not counting the energy firm rip off while millionaires get a £107,000 tax break. if you want food kitchens and starving people with rising crime rates and no police on the streets in 2012 thats your prerogative.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43   #2139
Beacon of light

I can't see how Lucysgirl has contradicted herself with sections 1 and 4 of her post...she is just point out the way she sees things(in a much easier to read format than your posts)...as to number 5 in her post, she is absolutely right...the country does need to earn money....not send it out of the country.
People who send the money they receive(whether it be benefits or earned) only benefit the economy of the country the money goes to.

If you think the country would have been better under Labour management, then you are deluded.
If they had been returned to power after the last election they would have been in just the same position(for a kick off - they would have been crapping their pants, knowing the very poor state of the economy)...and I don't care about how they postulate on what they would have done...it cannot be proved that they would have done anything different. Whoever got in ...we were in for a rough ride because of rampant spending of the the previous administration.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-12-2012 at 07:46.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:17   #2140
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The real deluded one on here is cmon n i have always detested Tories.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23   #2141
Beacon of light

Yes, Cashy...I think we can agree on that.
Old 11-12-2012, 21:10   #2142
God Member

well official figures say we were paying of our debt faster than the tories are now,we were out of recession with growth,borrowing less than the tories are now and our triple aaa credit rating wasnt under threat
Old 11-12-2012, 21:14   #2143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well official figures say we were paying of our debt faster than the tories are now,we were out of recession with growth,borrowing less than the tories are now and our triple aaa credit rating wasnt under threat
Ask yerself "WHO" got us in this debt.
Old 11-12-2012, 21:21   #2144
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ask yerself "WHO" got us in this debt.
Since the lad's not well & he can't take part I'll put his tuppence worth in by proxy ................"13 right, 13 piggin' years of labour !!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 22:01   #2145
Beacon of light

It is no good you two(Cashy and DiG) you can't put sense where there is none.

You don't think you are going to make any impression do you...this thread has gone on for a 143 sodding pages and he(the chap up in Scotland) is still banging on.
Still can't see that this mess was in a large part created by policies that were badly thought out, by an administration, that while called New Labour, was about as close to Tory (without bearing that name) as you could get.

All career politicians who never had a real job in their lives.....wanted to jump onto the great gravy train that is Westminster....not to help the poor and oppressed, but to make themselves a nice wedge for their future...this was New Labour

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..