Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2013, 18:28   #2236
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

I have to believe it now I have proof...but as you say, it was only the once.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2013, 18:31   #2237
JFT96

Now lets not get carried away here Margaret, I don't thing anyone liked Mandy.... He made Count Dracula look good

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 18:39   #2238
God Member

i told you
Old 03-01-2013, 19:56   #2239
Beacon of light

You were right, but only this once.
And yes Si..Mandy was a bit of an appendage....a useless one at that!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:10   #2240
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Just heard on the news, our Prime Minister claiming that the coalition is running on 'a full tank of gas', is this yet more empty rhetoric or is he just rubbing everyone elses face in it?

Hands up all those that can afford to fill their tanks at these prices. Yep just as I thought not many, but it's easy to do when the taxpayer foots the bill.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:44   #2241

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Just heard on the news, our Prime Minister claiming that the coalition is running on 'a full tank of gas'
No doubt that the 'gas' is methane caused as a by product from all the horsecrap that he and Clegg constantly peddle as ways to run a country
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:51   #2242
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
No doubt that the 'gas' is methane caused as a by product from all the horsecrap that he and Clegg constantly peddle as ways to run a country
Ya come back good old Gordy, he's the man to sort all the problems of the country he and his buddy Tony got us into in the first place,
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:07   #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya come back good old Gordy, he's the man to sort all the problems of the country he and his buddy Tony got us into in the first place,
You don't find many people disagreeing with the above statement, but no matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make the present lot seem any better.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:19   #2244
Beacon of light

they are all cut from the same bit of cloth...but on the bias.
Their agenda isn't to do the bidding of the electorate...it isn't even to follow the promises made in their manifesto's...their agenda is to stay in office for as long as possible, doing as little as they can get away with, for the most money, while screwing the rest of us into the ground.
None of them have ever had a real job, none of them appreciate, or even understand the difficulties that best the ordinary folk - that's you and me...who are in to do-do because of a problem, in the main, made by politicains and government departments who have messed up in one way or another.

They are all a shower of she-ite.
Guinness likes this.
Old 06-01-2013, 15:53   #2245
God Member

Network Rail has £28 Billion of debt. British Rail wasn't allowed any. Perhaps Mr Osborne should send an invoice to the Adam Smith Institute - the bright sparks who (clearly literally!) dreamt up the present structure. BBBR!
Old 06-01-2013, 16:32   #2246

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Network Rail has £28 Billion of debt. British Rail wasn't allowed any. Perhaps Mr Osborne should send an invoice to the Adam Smith Institute - the bright sparks who (clearly literally!) dreamt up the present structure. BBBR!

Do you have some sort of random program that throws words together then automatically posts them for you?
Or are you relying on an infinite number of monkeys sat at typewriters to write this drivel for you?
Old 06-01-2013, 17:57   #2247
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You don't find many people disagreeing with the above statement, but no matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make the present lot seem any better.
Totally agree with you Less, just a pity our kilt wearing friend from the north would have us believe at all our ills started in May 2010, besides talking a lot of bullshine in the bargain, the only thing he's capable of is posting links to the Guardian and Independent which he thinks he can score political points with, doubt he even reads the links first, if the headline looks good he just links it
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 18:00   #2248
God Member

the adam smith institute advised the tories in the 80s.probably the same people who have been advising them to disaster now.all we hear is we are in debt because of labour but we have always had debt and privatision has added to that because all subsidies have been spent on paying the shareholders a dividend.i just dont get it,people who believe all the drivel propoganda that is spewing out of all the media outlets,we have always had the debt we have now,it tory ideology to have less goverment.why change it now ,when it has served the country for years to have goverment departments rather than pay some company to fiddle figures to get their dosh.
Old 06-01-2013, 22:15   #2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The problems were started by the Tories and the free market deregulation and privatisation in the 1980s which has led to a selfish, over indebited and property obsessed society we live in today. Labour didn't stop it but neither did the governments of almost any other western country.
cmonstanley likes this.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 22:25   #2250
God Member

true and have too admit labour didnt go far enough. also today the main charities haave said the big society is dead. The Big Society is dead, charities tell Cameron | The Times the tories are really pitiful first they bring in care in the community then bring in abandon them in the community. it makes me sad seeing people with learning difficulties with no support and understanding .what society have we become labeling them scroungers,scapegoats and liabilities .
ToffeeGuy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..