Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53   #2866
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Of course this is bad, but no-one raises ALL the genuine people that are removed from benefits to make the figures look good, n all the fools jump on things like this. Sensationalist press the dummys fall fer it every time.
So there again its inconsequential what can we dotry going to the good old US of A and go straight to the hospital, the first thing they'll ask you is your credit card number
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06   #2867
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So there again its inconsequential what can we dotry going to the good old US of A and go straight to the hospital, the first thing they'll ask you is your credit card number
Inconsequential to you maybe, not to the poor sods who have been stuffed, Whats the U.S.A. to do wi out? apart from to shift the spotlight, always been tort tactics that un.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:17   #2868
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Inconsequential to you maybe, not to the poor sods who have been stuffed, Whats the U.S.A. to do wi out? apart from to shift the spotlight, always been tort tactics that un.
Just pointing out that this country is the easiest touch in the world and nobody wants to do anything about it
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20   #2869
Beacon of light

That is where the NHS get it wrong........they don't take the credit card details of anyone who is thought to be liable to pay......by the time they are found liable for a whacking bill, they have had it away on their toes.....and it costs more to chase the debt that is profitable.
Or maybe things have changed in the last ten years?
BERNADETTE likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:22   #2870
Beacon of light

I think John was trying to draw an analogy to what happens in the USA to stop people taking advantage of health facilities, without paying, Cashy.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:30   #2871
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think John was trying to draw an analogy to what happens in the USA to stop people taking advantage of health facilities, without paying, Cashy.
I think so as well, But Tories are fer baiting.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:51   #2872
Beacon of light

Ah....Cashy yer a wicked fella
Old 04-04-2013, 14:18   #2873
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
ids and the tories stooping so low attacking ,discrediting a hard working market stall worker just because he asked him a question.now the tories are claiming the bbc is biased .Tory MP complains to the BBC about market trader who challenged IDS on benefits - Telegraph WARNING WARNING usual tory bias in this story.
This Mr Bennett is a lesson to us all! Osbourne should have a chat to him.
Income- Ł452. This includes Ł432 from the state,Ł20 from his stall.
Outgoings-Ł590. Before food etc.,

That's a deficit of Ł138 a month. With this Ł138 he is short of he plays poker and places the odd bet. Perhaps a man who can manage money that well can afford the odd drink as well.

So if he can manage on -Ł34.5/week why is he asking if IDS could manage on +Ł53 a week- that should be easy.

Bennett for Chancellor!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 14:37   #2874
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Wrong again ... but that's not unusual for a tory .... If you are in the US as a visitor and you have, say, a heart attack you will be taken to a hospital and treated. The money thing will be sorted out later. If you are sane, you will have purchased health insurance for your trip. If you didn't, they will send you a bill. Of course, by this time you are back in Blighty thumbing your nose at the bill ... the hospital would probably write it off, or make a deal for a nominal charge. If you get a job in the States, more than likely one of the benefits of the job would be health insurance.

By the way, if you are so down on the US health care system, why are you supporting a party that wants to use it as a model for health care in Britain
cashman and Alan Varrechia like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 14:46   #2875
God Member

Quote:
Cashy....many of the tax avoidance schemes are legal.......and though I do not agree with it, you cannot blame firms who rely on these schemes to boost their profits.
After all businesses are in the game to make money. So the answer is simple...close the schemes down, close the loopholes that allow these companies to use them.

It is the tax system(I know Eric won't like me using that term) that is at fault for allowing the loopholes to remain.
Likewise, the benefits system allows people to get away with cheating....so tackle the problem and make those who are claiming benefits, to which they are not entitled, pay every penny back.

If this was done then there would be more in the pot for those who need the support of benefits.

It isn't rocket science....is it?
Hon, you go ahead and use any term you want. I could never get annoyed at you for that, as you are one of the sanest and most sensible people on here.

I know that tax loopholes are legal ... but so was war profiteering in WWl ... but they are wrong, immoral, and they damn welll stink. One thing that I treasure about my Lancashire heritage is that I come from a place and a time (I know, I'm an old fart) where folks knew right from wrong, whatever the legal niceities. And what the tories are doing is wrong ... it sucks major league.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 15:05   #2876
God Member

Quote:
They live, and send money back home......draw(generous) benefits for children in Poland....and this benefits not our economy, but theirs.
true in quite a few cases infact there are reports that they even get child benefit for kids that dont exist.Thier word that tehy had kids was enough.

Quote:
It is simple, but some are too dense to go figure, Express Gifts is a perfect example.
come on cashy refusing to work at express gifts isnt about lazyness its about not been willing to put up with the nazi arseholes that run the place
BERNADETTE likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-04-2013 at 15:07.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 15:22   #2877
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
true in quite a few cases infact there are reports that they even get child benefit for kids that dont exist.Thier word that tehy had kids was enough.

come on cashy refusing to work at express gifts isnt about lazyness its about not been willing to put up with the nazi arseholes that run the place
What yeh on about? I aint on about refusing, on about lads who worked yon fer years pre xmas, n one year a few years back were told sorry were starting Poles this year, Twas the only job these lads could get, i know one was me nephew.
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 04-04-2013, 16:25   #2878
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I know that tax loopholes are legal ... but so was war profiteering in WWl ... but they are wrong, immoral, and they damn welll stink. One thing that I treasure about my Lancashire heritage is that I come from a place and a time (I know, I'm an old fart) where folks knew right from wrong, whatever the legal niceities. .
Yes, they are immoral,and it is profiteering....but all it takes is government intervention to stop them being used...but no government.....Labour, Tory or anything else has stepped in to do this(that is immoral too - to see something that is blatantly wrong, discriminates against the majority of society, yet do nothing to end this travesty)...and until they do, the nets that catch the little guys will let the big guys break through.

The big corporations are greedy, and do not want to pay their share...if they did pay their share - again it would benefit those who need the helping hand.

I suppose it shows that I am from the same BOB(Batty Old Bird) Lancashire background, with a strong sense of what is right and what isn't.
Old 04-04-2013, 17:19   #2879
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ah....Cashy yer a wicked fella
Hoy you leave my mate cashy alone,this is all about at one another oh by the way I agree with you Margaret
Old 04-04-2013, 17:36   #2880
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Quote:
What yeh on about? I aint on about refusing, on about lads who worked yon fer years pre xmas, n one year a few years back were told sorry were starting Poles this year, Twas the only job these lads could get, i know one was me nephew.
From what I've read on here about Express Gifts the company and its management should have been closed down when slavery was abolished.

But you are left with the question- why did they not re-employ a team of lads they knew and bring in Poles?

Yes, maybe the Poles would work for less but again maybe they thought the Poles would work harder, be more reliable. We don't know.

After mentioning Frank Fields yesterday I spent some time reading up on him. One of his comments was that of the 400,000 new jobs created in the first year of the ConDems, 320,000 went to immigrents. 87% !
On average in the final Labour years 80% of all new jobs went to immigrants.

The many companies that employed 400,000 people can't have all been like Express Gifts. They can't all have been lousy employers offering lousy jobs.

What do they see wrong with our huge pool of available labour? Why favour immigrants? Or did they not have much choice? It can't just be pay levels.

We have to ask why our unemployed don't get all or most of these jobs.

Are they brought up with bad attitude? Are they badly educated by a failing system? Has the moral fibre of this country rotted away? Is our welfare system too generous? Are they not interested?

We need to find out what's wrong. If we don't we'll end up with millions more immigrants working( but overwhelming our NHS,schools and housing) and starting to ask, as a massive pressure group, 'Why are we all working our butts off to keep all these UK locals at home? What's being done about it?'

Then the fun could start!
jaysay likes this.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 04-04-2013 at 17:38.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..