Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2015, 07:16   #4156
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
But i bet he paid for it. Im not against people getting on in life making money im against the multinationals who don't pay the right tax thus having an advantage against the normal businesses who pay their tax.
Russell Brand is a hypocrite. He uses off shore facilities to avoid paying taxes in this country......OK you say.....This is legal...And yes it is, but if people like him paid what their dues were, then there would be more money to spend on the things that he is banging on about....social welfare.
This man was telling folk not to vote until quite recently....many of those who follow him may not have registered to vote.
This will be especially true if they are at Uni, as there have been changes to the regulations, the last day to register to vote was April 20th......so now he is asking them to vote Labour and they will not be able to because the listened to his first bit of advice.
Russell Brand is a talentless self publicist(and that is the kindest thing I can say about him) anyone who listens to him and follows his advice is deluded.
Boeing Guy and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2015, 09:19   #4157
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Sorry to kill your joke but sturgeon is flying about scotland in a helicopter rumours are murdoch is paying for it
Get a life
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:18   #4158
God Member

No
Old 06-05-2015, 02:27   #4159
Junior Member+

Nice to see your opinions here. Thanks for sharing.
alucy0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:16   #4160
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Russell Brand is a hypocrite. He uses off shore facilities to avoid paying taxes in this country......OK you say.....This is legal...And yes it is, but if people like him paid what their dues were, then there would be more money to spend on the things that he is banging on about....social welfare.
This man was telling folk not to vote until quite recently....many of those who follow him may not have registered to vote.
This will be especially true if they are at Uni, as there have been changes to the regulations, the last day to register to vote was April 20th......so now he is asking them to vote Labour and they will not be able to because the listened to his first bit of advice.
Russell Brand is a talentless self publicist(and that is the kindest thing I can say about him) anyone who listens to him and follows his advice is deluded.
If we had a flat percentage based income tax system where everyone paid the same percent of their income maybe people like him wouldn't feel they were being ripped off and look at ways to reduce income tax.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:22   #4161
JFT96

Good idea Neil, sadly it would never work as it's fair.

It is intresting that we reward hard work and people trying to better themselves with higher income tax bands.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:12   #4162
Senior Member+

Ah the Tories (yawn)....

....Vote peasants vote,it's that time of year again when politicians actually give a flying what you think.
I'm actually looking forward to seeing the results (entertainment purposes only) truth is nothing will change,the same people who have power now (elite landowners) will have power on Friday but don't forget to try and change it as "your vote matters"

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:20   #4163
God Member

Ahh remember labour are bringing in the mansion tax on your rich landowners.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:12   #4164
God Member

After 44 years in power Alberta's tories are booted out. What was Canada's most conservative province votes Labour ... well, NDP; same thing. Democracy can work ... real change can happen. Get out and vote folks.

Alberta election 2015 results: NDP wave sweeps across province in historic win - CBC News | Elections Alberta

And to make it an even better nite for folks in Alberta, the Flames beat the Ducks
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:57   #4165
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And to make it an even better nite for folks in Alberta, the Flames beat the Ducks
I didn't think they were in season yet?
Eric likes this.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:41   #4166
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
After 44 years in power Alberta's tories are booted out. What was Canada's most conservative province votes Labour .
Over here would that be " Labour " or " New Labour " ( aka Conservative ) ?
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 14:30   #4167
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Over here would that be " Labour " or " New Labour " ( aka Conservative ) ?
More like "Labour" than what you have. But the NDP grew up in rural Canada ... Saskatchewan to be exact. However, in industrial areas of Canada, it quickly won support among the working class. It's still the party of the little guy ... still left of center. One reason for their lack of success in Federal elections (altho' they do form Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition) is that a lot of folks over here vote strategically. Many who would be comfortable voting NDP have voted Liberal (a lot like the LibDems) in order to defeat the tories. One reason why this victory is so important for us is that this is a Federal election year. If progressive voters line up with the New Democrats, the Harper tories could be the next set of right-wing sonsabitches to be awarded the Grand Order of the Boot. Good question by the way.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 15:07   #4168

Has anyone had any leaflets through the door from the LibDems? They seem to have kept a low profile in Hyndburn throughout the campaign. I believe their candidate lives in Manchester, so maybe she couldn't be bothered to make an effort.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 17:07   #4169
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Has anyone had any leaflets through the door from the LibDems? maybe she couldn't be bothered to make an effort.
Why bother when your party's as popular as herpes!
Old 06-05-2015, 17:17   #4170
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Why bother when your party's as popular as herpes!
I bet more folk will catch herpes tomorrow than will vote for her so, I reckon the above should read:-

Why bother when your party's less popular than herpes! ;
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..