Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2015, 16:14   #4216
Senior Member+

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps they wouldn't have won IF slack arses had gone out to vote?
Perhaps,who knows what could of happened.
What I do know is,all those who voted for them can't blame everyone else when it's voting time again as they are 'complicit' in their ways (for putting them in power).

You may not be a fan of my opinions...

image.jpg

..But I think we both know politics is all BS.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-05-2015, 16:27   #4217
God Member

seems to be a lot of labour voters crying about how voting UKIP kept the Tories in power so staying true to form people are blaming each other rather than blaming the MP's that let their actions make people vote for someone else

so far since the election iv had 3 people i know whinge about the tories been in power just after declaring they didnt vote

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-05-2015 at 16:30.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 16:47   #4218
Full Member+

Well those 3 Accyman should have nothing to whinge about if they could not be bothered to vote.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 16:55   #4219
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I voted, but so what if people that didn't whinge? its a bit sanctimonious saying they got no right to moan. imho. anyone daft enough to think "ANY" of the parties give a toss about em needs to see a shrink.
Old 09-05-2015, 17:16   #4220
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I voted, but so what if people that didn't whinge? its a bit sanctimonious saying they got no right to moan. imho. anyone daft enough to think "ANY" of the parties give a toss about em needs to see a shrink.
have to agree to disagree on that one mate lol

i know folk who are absolutely livid that their benefit has been cut and they are been hit by the bedroom tax

not livid enough to put their joint out , get off their arse and try to do something about it but livid enough to let everyone else make an effort so that they might get labour back in power so they can have their full rent benefit back.

i saw an old lady using 2 walking sticks making her way to cast her vote so it does kinda irk me a touch when some 30 odd year old dope head whinges about their benefit been cut and then states they couldnt be bothered to vote

mind you under tory rule one of those walking sticks may be claimed back by government

i did my bit but sadly my team lost

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-05-2015 at 17:18.
Old 09-05-2015, 17:29   #4221
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Let's face it, this was a surprise even for the Tories.

They probably didn't want to be in power at the end of the election anymore than anyone else did.

The polls we saw expecting a hung Government?

No, Labour and the rest wanted these folk back in power, why?

Because to get the economy and a chance of the books being sorted needs the swingeing effects they will have to put in power, they may succeed in turning the Country around but if they do it they will be the most unpopular Government ever, thus making them unelectable in the future.

They think they've won?

Look at the bosses face when he came back from the Queen, did that really look like a guy that had won or someone that was stuck with a job he doesn't want?
I thinks it's call a suicide pass
Accyexplorer likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 17:58   #4222
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
have to agree to disagree on that one mate lol

i know folk who are absolutely livid that their benefit has been cut and they are been hit by the bedroom tax

not livid enough to put their joint out , get off their arse and try to do something about it but livid enough to let everyone else make an effort so that they might get labour back in power so they can have their full rent benefit back.

i saw an old lady using 2 walking sticks making her way to cast her vote so it does kinda irk me a touch when some 30 odd year old dope head whinges about their benefit been cut and then states they couldnt be bothered to vote

mind you under tory rule one of those walking sticks may be claimed back by government

i did my bit but sadly my team lost
I have, in the past withheld my vote....It is my choice to do that especially when I feel there is no party worthy of my vote.....I also think that I have the right to express an opinion...whether I voted or not.
On the times when I have withheld my vote, I have still schlepped along to the polling station to write something appropriate on the ballot paper.
I do not slavishly follow one party....I am one of those people who think about the impact of my vote.
I voted last time for a man that I thought had the interests of our town at the heart of what he was doing. Someone who knew what life was like in our neck of the woods....someone who would perhaps represent us well.
I found out that this man is more interested in climbing up the political ladder than representing what his constituents want.
Needless to say, this man did not get my vote this year.....and won't ever get my vote again regardless of what happens in the world of politics.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 18:25   #4223
God Member

no one especially me is saying you have to vote i am saying that if you dont take part you should keep your gob shut about it until you are prepared to take part and not leave it to everyone else to do

why should someone who voted even entertain or listen to someone who couldn't be bothered to take a few mins out of a 5 year period to do something as simple as put a cross in a box or in some cases spoil teh ballot paper in protest.

there are valid reasons for someone not voting but " cant be arsed " dosnt quite cut it especially if they want to moan about the results

my choice didnt win either but thats democracy for you.

A lot of people died for our democracy the least we can do is use it to the best we can
AccyMad and Rowlf like this.

Last edited by accyman; 09-05-2015 at 18:28.
Old 09-05-2015, 18:44   #4224
Beacon of light

Democracy is about having a choice.
I agree that 'can't be arsed' is not an option....Especially if those who can't be arsed are expecting to be supported financially.
Apathy is not an excuse either.
The political parties are in some way to blame for the lack of engagement with the electorate...The politicians are so far removed from the realities, and people cannot see that their cross in the box makes any difference to what happens( I am really cynical about the difference my voting or not voting makes, and I consider myself politically engaged)....so they lose interest.
It is no good telling these people that men and women fought and died for them to have this as a right.....it wasn't in their lifetime and seems to have little relevance.
AccyMad, cashman and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 09-05-2015, 19:20   #4225
Full Member+

I agree with Accyman wholeheartedly. The electoral system may be flawed but at the moment it is the only way the man in the street can try to make a difference. Apathy is all too rife these days.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 19:30   #4226
Beacon of light

The problem is that the man in the street feels that his vote makes no difference.
He votes on the information he has and the politicians do what they want once they have his vote.....and the man in the street can do nothing at all about this.....certainly not until the next election...The other problem is that the parties all seem the same, there is very little between them. Years ago if you were working class or a working man, you would never think of voting anything other than Labour, because they looked out for the working man.
Now, no-one looks out for the working man.
It isn't apathy if you feel that your vote will make no difference.
cashman and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 09-05-2015, 20:03   #4227
God Member

i knew voting against labour was urinating into the wind around here as the saying sort of goes but i still went and did it.At least when the next occasion comes up when our MP lets us down and people start bitching about it i can say i tried.

he wont loose sleep over loosing my vote but i very well cant go around saying he helped deny us our democratic say over a referendum if i cant be bothered to use my democratic right at election time.

i dont dislike people who dont vote i just dont want to hear them whinge about election results.If as many people voted as there are posting pictures crying about a tory victory on Facebook the election turnout would have probably been double
Barrie Yates likes this.

Old 09-05-2015, 20:20   #4228
Beacon of light

But he did deny you your democratic right to have a say on Europe.
Not only that he implied the electorate hadn't enough brains to reason out and decide the values of being in or out of the EU....isn't that just a bit patronising and presumptuous?
I think that is offensive.....but I don't suppose he cares, but he should.

I don't reckon he will be losing any sleep over my lost vote either, because my vote doesn't matter.....well not until he is just one vote short.
Barrie Yates likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 09-05-2015 at 20:23.
Old 09-05-2015, 20:24   #4229
God Member

iv heard they are thinking of bringing in an app for mobile phones to use when voting so more people can vote

im sure someone somewhere once said elections will end up like x-factor one day

also very open to fraud the election machines got tampered with in America and although not a phone app it was still software and if not written correctly software can be very vulnerable to tampering
Accyexplorer likes this.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:18   #4230
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
iv heard they are thinking of bringing in an app for mobile phones to use when voting so more people can vote
Never work in a million years, if people cant be arsed to vote now, they sure as hell aint gonna pay to do so.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..