Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2011, 10:01   #736
God Member

Re: The Tories

as the old tory saying you have to speculate to accumulate
Old 26-11-2011, 10:06   #737
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Thought hat was a saying of everybody entering a bookies shop on a saturday afternoon
Old 26-11-2011, 14:24   #738
Beacon of light

Quote:
1) it isn't a tory saying...it is just a saying.
2) you have to have something to speculate with.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 16:44   #739
JFT96

Cmon
Quote:
you have to speculate to accumulate
I believe it was a bank who used to say that.

Still we all live in hope that you will ever, just once come up with a coherent point. you know not one line, or cut and paste, something you have thought for yourself, then defend it against criticism. Or is that too Tory for you....

Maybe this speculate thing is regarding Teflon Tony's decision to send the troops into Afghanistan and Iraq, or the one eyed scot selling off our gold reserves for next to nothing.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 22:34   #740
God Member

theres a pattern here BBC News - UK unemployment increases to 2.64m statistics dont lie
Old 14-12-2011, 23:40   #741
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
theres a pattern here BBC News - UK unemployment increases to 2.64m statistics dont lie
As i recall twas John Major that was P.M. the last time unemployment was so high. but no doubt jaysay will blame Labour. mind you Major was too busy porking Edwina to notice.

Last edited by cashman; 14-12-2011 at 23:44.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 23:42   #742
God Member

Quote:
Depends how you choose to read/interpet them. After all crime figures were falling under Labour if you choose to believe the statistics (that were being bandied about). We all know that these facts and figures can be made to read how they want us to believe. At the end of the day none of them are prepared to tell the truth and that is why the turn out at any election is a disgrace. Not very many people have faith in ANY party, apart from some of the die-hards of course. Good luck if you think that Labour being in power would make a jot of difference. This country has gone to the dogs and NONE of the lot elected by us to represent us gives a damn.

Last edited by BERNADETTE; 14-12-2011 at 23:44.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 07:25   #743
Beacon of light

Spot on post Bernie. I have resisted making the same kind of post as I know Mancie and C'mon will only lambast me for supporting the Tories.
There is no party which can be deemed faultless....and Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and Ed Balls need to shoulder a lot of blame for this by letting the banking industry get away with things that should not have been possible.
I know previous governments haven't been blameless either, but jobs were being exported when I was in my twenties........I was made redundant because the company moved, lock stock and barrel, to South Africa where manufacturing costs were cheaper.
And successive governments have 'massaged figures' to bamboozle us. They are all a shower of chyte( Thankyou Tealeaf for that word)...none of them can be trusted. End of.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 09:28   #744
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As i recall twas John Major that was P.M. the last time unemployment was so high. but no doubt jaysay will blame Labour. mind you Major was too busy porking Edwina to notice.
Well Labours fingerprints are all over it, it doesn't help when they created 1 Million new civil servants, all paid for out of the public purse, Private business would never survive with with the ratio's seen in the public sector, I wounder how long a building firm would last if the employed 150 tradesmen and 150 office staff, why should public sector be any different, the only difference being that the public sector can't go bankrupt they just fleece the public for more money to run their departments top heavy with staff, something that has to stop
Old 15-12-2011, 12:29   #745
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well Labours fingerprints are all over it, it doesn't help when they created 1 Million new civil servants, all paid for out of the public purse, Private business would never survive with with the ratio's seen in the public sector, I wounder how long a building firm would last if the employed 150 tradesmen and 150 office staff, why should public sector be any different, the only difference being that the public sector can't go bankrupt they just fleece the public for more money to run their departments top heavy with staff, something that has to stop
Oh was it Labour in power before Major? I musta missed that.
Old 15-12-2011, 14:21   #746
God Member

Quote:
So that's where all the food scares came from - poor Edwina had to resign...
Major scares:
1988 was the time of Edwina's eggs. In 2000 the Government reported that 23% of pigs taken for slaughter are infected with salmonella.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 19:14   #747
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
So that's where all the food scares came from - poor Edwina had to resign...

Major scares:
1988 was the time of Edwina's eggs. In 2000 the Government reported that 23% of pigs taken for slaughter are infected with salmonella.
Ya she got a birthday card from ella fitzgerald and sammy davis Jnr. it just saying happy birthday Edwina from Sam and Ella
Old 15-12-2011, 19:42   #748
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Spot on post Bernie. I have resisted making the same kind of post as I know Mancie and C'mon will only lambast me for supporting the Tories.
There is no party which can be deemed faultless....and Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and Ed Balls need to shoulder a lot of blame for this by letting the banking industry get away with things that should not have been possible.
I know previous governments haven't been blameless either, but jobs were being exported when I was in my twenties........I was made redundant because the company moved, lock stock and barrel, to South Africa where manufacturing costs were cheaper.
And successive governments have 'massaged figures' to bamboozle us. They are all a shower of chyte( Thankyou Tealeaf for that word)...none of them can be trusted. End of.
so we could maybe let goverments off the hook it was big business who cut their nose off to spite their face .who was supposed to keep buying goods when their fiscal policy in britain was to create unemployment i just dont get it ohh yes i do it was pure greed and the shareholder mentality instead of living by their means.the real reason we are in this mess .ps the tories made it easier for them as it was their chums..
Old 15-12-2011, 19:59   #749
Resting in Peace

Quote:
so we could maybe let goverments off the hook it was big business who cut their nose off to spite their face .who was supposed to keep buying goods when their fiscal policy in britain was to create unemployment i just dont get it ohh yes i do it was pure greed and the shareholder mentality instead of living by their means.the real reason we are in this mess .ps the tories made it easier for them as it was their chums..
Are they all as thick as you up Scotland, you and your ilk keep forgetting that irks like you would have any job to got if people didn't invest in Business to employ a workforce, so when you go to work and pick up your brush, think how luck you are that somebody lets you sweep up
Old 15-12-2011, 20:11   #750
God Member

ha ha thought that would be somebodies reaction, but no public to buy their goods means no business.how can a company like thomas cook get away with owing a billion pounds

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..