Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2011, 20:14   #751
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
so we could maybe let goverments off the hook it was big business who cut their nose off to spite their face .who was supposed to keep buying goods when their fiscal policy in britain was to create unemployment i just dont get it ohh yes i do it was pure greed and the shareholder mentality instead of living by their means.the real reason we are in this mess .ps the tories made it easier for them as it was their chums..
If you learn to punctuate, then maybe I might read your post and be able to understand what you are on about.

I could try and punctuate it myself, but I am sure it would all be the rose tinted stuff that you always post...your labour luvvies are not repsonsible for any of this........ are they?
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2011, 20:22   #752
Beacon of light

Quote:
ha ha thought that would be somebodies reaction, but no public to buy their goods means no business.how can a company like thomas cook get away with owing a billion pounds
All businesses have changed, that is why town centres are dying on their uppers....people shop differently, they travel differently...e-business has taken lots of trade away from the high st.

Public are buying goods, they just buy them in a different way now.

That is one of the prime reasons that Thomas Cook have suffered a downturn, well, that and the fact that when money is tight you don't spend on a foreign holiday.
Also a lot of the places that Thomas Cook took tourists to, are places where there has been civil unrest........do you want to holiday in a place where you could get blown up by a terrorist bomb? Or where there is an uprising....?No, well, surprising as it might seem, neither does anyone else, they would rather be safe and go to Bognor.
Old 16-12-2011, 10:17   #753
Resting in Peace

Quote:
ha ha thought that would be somebodies reaction, but no public to buy their goods means no business.how can a company like thomas cook get away with owing a billion pounds
Because people are now booking holidays on line instead of travel agents, but your too thick to see that
Old 16-12-2011, 11:11   #754
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Because people are now booking holidays on line instead of travel agents, but your too thick to see that
well i book 2 or 3 a year,have done fer last 10 yrs, "All " booked online, at first i got the price online n went round travel agents to compare em, twas no contest, so don't bother now,just book online, in fact booked one yesterday.
Old 16-12-2011, 11:13   #755
Beacon of light

Most people are doing the same....they want to get the best value for their money....and you can't really blame them can you?
Old 16-12-2011, 11:17   #756
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i book 2 or 3 a year,have done fer last 10 yrs, "All " booked online, at first i got the price online n went round travel agents to compare em, twas no contest, so don't bother now,just book online, in fact booked one yesterday.
Your right cashy travel agents are a thing of the past, why schlep down town to book a holiday when you can sit at home and do it, its a sign of the times, I buy almost everything by Internet or over the phone, and it appears I'm not the only one
Old 16-12-2011, 12:32   #757
Beacon of light

I organised a 6 month trip to Oz online...hotels, flights, train trips...everything...and cut out the middle man.
Old 16-12-2011, 18:45   #758
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I organised a 6 month trip to Oz online...hotels, flights, train trips...everything...and cut out the middle man.
Joan always books her holidays on line and has done for quite a few years now
Old 17-12-2011, 00:36   #759
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
your a bit thick if you cant understand my question how can a company owe nearly a billion pounds ,thats what you would say living outwith their means
Old 17-12-2011, 06:55   #760
Beacon of light

companies do that........they can have debts for many reasons, it is like you and I having a mortgage.
I would think that most large companies have debts which are agreed by the banks that they deal with......Trading situations have been dire for them.......for the reasons I have outlined in a previous post.
Old 17-12-2011, 08:03   #761
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
companies do that........they can have debts for many reasons, it is like you and I having a mortgage.
I would think that most large companies have debts which are agreed by the banks that they deal with......Trading situations have been dire for them.......for the reasons I have outlined in a previous post.
Think cmon forgets, Millions of people have huge debts n live beyond their means.......Its called a Mortgage.
Old 17-12-2011, 08:12   #762
Beacon of light

Yes Cashy, as I have said before 'the man who has a clear conscinece usually has a foggy memory'........C'mon supports that phrase very well.
It doesn't matter how many times you tell him something....unless it comes from some dyed in the wool labour supporter, he somehow thinks it is tory propaganda.

Not only do millions have mortgages, they also have credit card debt, encouraged by the banks during the Viv Nicholson(sorry I meant Tony Blair - must've beena slip of the tongue).....Spend, Spend,Spend era.
Old 17-12-2011, 10:22   #763
Resting in Peace

Quote:
your a bit thick if you cant understand my question how can a company owe nearly a billion pounds ,that's what you would say living outwith their means
This actually shows what a complete numpty you really are, why do you think there has been all this fuss lately about Banks not lending to business, business could not survive without using the banks money, its a bit like government borrowing, given the fact that business doesn't have money until its trading and to even contemplate trading they HAVE to borrow money, much like governments, they have to borrow because all its finances are through taxation, taxation which is paid in retrospect, that is unless you want to pay your taxes in advance that is, on what you may earn. Over the last 18 months I think you've proved that you know little or nothing about anything really, so carry on linking, what looks like a good soundbite headline from the Guardian, I know its no use you reading the article before you post it because you'd be totally gaga within two minutes, your one brain cell would be over heating
Old 17-12-2011, 11:17   #764
God Member

this is the reason why there is a world wide recession banks have been throwing money about like confetti and when it has went tits up the working class people have been made to pay,with high inflation job cuts etc.i know banks lend to business dohh but commenting how they could borrow a figure heading to 1 billion .they will never get it back an idiot knows that even i know that so how have they done it .i dont think thomas cook has 1 billion in assets.
Old 17-12-2011, 11:22   #765
Resting in Peace

Quote:
this is the reason why there is a world wide recession banks have been throwing money about like confetti and when it has went tits up the working class people have been made to pay,with high inflation job cuts etc.i know banks lend to business dohh but commenting how they could borrow a figure heading to 1 billion .they will never get it back an idiot knows that even i know that so how have they done it .i dont think thomas cook has 1 billion in assets.
Your still clueless, but the smiley looks like a great self image of yourself

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..