Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2011, 01:48   #811
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Thanks, Less. Due to your insults, I'll take it I have won the argument. I can now go to sleep with an overwhelming sense of righteousness.
What insults? What argument?

Unlike you I don't pad my posts with meaningless guff I tell it as it is and the way it is, is that you aren't worth insulting.

As for arguments AccyWeb isn't actually for arguments it's for discussions, some of the discussions may get heated from time to time, however I can't see that happening with you, you can't put a decent level headed post together, you've turned fairy tales and bedtime stories by the brothers Grimm into Tory bogeymen.
How can anyone have a discussion of views with a mindset like yours?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2011, 07:01   #812
Give, give, give member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Economic policies, which until the crash of 2008, the Tories were supporting as well and promising to match Labours spending commitments. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The credit and house price boom was started by the Tories in the 80s.

Weren't some Tories convicted of fiddling expenses as well?

For many years, decades even, the ruling governments seemed nervous to award pay increases to MPs due to the possible backlash by the public even though these increases would have been in line with other responsible jobs in both the public and private sectors. Therefore, it may be the case that many MPs saw expenses as a way of topping up their salaries to a level which they saw as the equivalent of what they could have got for doing a similar responsible job in the public/private sector. This seem to be a tacit belief within the House of Commons for years before the scandal broke.
Unlike yourself, my views aren't skewed by political blindness.

All mainstream political parties are all so centralist, peopled as they are by Oxbridge careerist politicans, you'd need a fish slice to separate any of them.

To try and justify the illegal falsifying of expenses accounts, as a way of paying themselves a pay increase, for fear of a public backlash, is one of the most stupid things ever to be posted on this forum.

M.P.'s fought tooth and nail for their expenses to remain secret, because of 'security issues'.

If they couldn't survive on sixty odd grand per year, they should look for another job.

Stealing is wrong, and most were lucky that they escaped a prison sentence.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 07:08   #813
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The credit and house price boom was started by the Tories in the 80s.
Were you taking a little nap, from Black Monday 1987, right through until the early nineties, when the country was in a terrible recession, and which saw the housing market crash?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 07:25   #814
Beacon of light

Quote:
Unfortunately when you have to fund new hospitals, new schools and better public services you sometimes have to sup with the devil. A'la Labour cosy up with big business and Murdoch.

For all their faults the country did feel better under new Labour. The Tories aren't called the 'Nasty' party for nothing.
Build new hospitals and schools...yes, did new labour do that?
Erm, yes they did.........with the PFI....money from big businesses........a sort of mortgage that you never know how much the lender wants paying back or for how long the mortgage runs....oh, yes and I forgot...we the tax payers are the mortgagees....seem fair to you then....this New Labour wheeze to make it look like they were doing stuff for the people?

Get real......they are all nasty parties, because all they want is to make good lives for themselves and their families, and let us foot the bill.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 07:50   #815
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
So are you saying that people out of work or not earning enough should become thieves and steal off the working class?

Yes, in essence that is exactly what he is saying...seems a bit flawed to me.
Old 19-12-2011, 07:53   #816
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Stealing is wrong, and most were lucky that they escaped a prison sentence.
And some did go to prison...those who didn't were probably very good friends with someone else in high office.
Old 19-12-2011, 09:28   #817
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Tories funded by big business and The City. Labour funded by Union subs from ordinary working people. Says it all really.

I go on the basis of who I would rather go to the pub with. A Tory MP or a Labour MP?
Well I think you may have something in common with quit a few people on here at the moment, at least we might get to ask one of them why he stabbed local people in the back, seeing he dare not show his face on here since the deadly deed
Old 19-12-2011, 09:34   #818
Resting in Peace

Quote:
"Individual donations to the Labour party were vastly exceeded by those from trade unions in the second quarter of the year by a factor of 15 to one, according to figures from the Electoral Commission." Source: Financial Times 24.8.11.

The Tories always hit Labour with the Union funding stick. But where do they get their money? Big business, the city and wealthy individuals. At least the Unions are democratically accountable to millions of workers.
Oh you mean the Union Bloke vote, it took Tory legislation to make sure that was democratic and a million not millions would be nearer the mark.
Old 19-12-2011, 09:43   #819
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Build new hospitals and schools...yes, did new labour do that?
Erm, yes they did.........with the PFI....money from big businesses........a sort of mortgage that you never know how much the lender wants paying back or for how long the mortgage runs....oh, yes and I forgot...we the tax payers are the mortgagees....seem fair to you then....this New Labour wheeze to make it look like they were doing stuff for the people?

Get real......they are all nasty parties, because all they want is to make good lives for themselves and their families, and let us foot the bill.
Labour have only ever had one policy SPEND NOW PAY LATER, everybody knows its the easiest thing in the world to spend money, its that little problem of paying back, with interest, thats the ball acher, £43 billion interest per annum on Labours debts
Old 19-12-2011, 09:45   #820
Resting in Peace

I'm actually getting that Robert Jones feeling about our new member
Old 19-12-2011, 10:50   #821
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm actually getting that Robert Jones feeling about our new member
Was he a member on here?

I'm beginning to think this new 'red', is either a student of political studies or even worse, a lecturer.
Any how, I'm sure he will be back shortly refreshed and ready to tell us we know nowt.
Which is precisely double the amount he knows.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 10:58   #822
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Was he a member on here?

I'm beginning to think this new 'red', is either a student of political studies or even worse, a lecturer.
Any how, I'm sure he will be back shortly refreshed and ready to tell us we know nowt.
Ya he was a member on here, well he changed to his own name when he was rumbled, he joined to start a dog and pony show with another erstwhile poster Clare Pritchard, just for political reasons you understand
Old 19-12-2011, 13:11   #823
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Was he a member on here?

Or even worse,he could possibly be one of em, using another identity?
Old 19-12-2011, 19:12   #824
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Or even worse,he could possibly be one of em, using another identity?
My take on this guy too cashy
Old 20-12-2011, 23:34   #825
God Member

he speaks the truth, we would have gone into debt whatever political party was in power and i would rather the money spent on hospitals, the working class and infrastructre than spend it on his mates . if plan A was working why are we heading to record unemployment and still borrowing more money

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..