Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2011, 18:58   #871
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Must be the worst post yet
Old 22-12-2011, 21:28   #872
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst accepting the belts must be tightened, seems funny to me, our news shows nowt at all, about how people in Europe are reacting to "Pension Reform" I have just watched Belgian Firemen covering a Ministery Building wi Foam,cos brassed off about that very subject, looked very spectacular, funny theres been no mention of this,nor film on our news.
Old 22-12-2011, 21:41   #873
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst accepting the belts must be tightened, seems funny to me, our news shows nowt at all, about how people in Europe are reacting to "Pension Reform" I have just watched Belgian Firemen covering a Ministery Building wi Foam,cos brassed off about that very subject, looked very spectacular, funny theres been no mention of this,nor film on our news.
I reckon it's because the media here are not interested..we had protests over cuts that our media reported as anarchy..we had a one day strike and peaceful marches by unions and the media called them nasty militants.
there's the difference.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 22:24   #874
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I reckon it's because the media here are not interested..we had protests over cuts that our media reported as anarchy..we had a one day strike and peaceful marches by unions and the media called them nasty militants.
there's the difference.
Or perhaps they aint allowed to be interested? after all they must have pensions as well?
Old 22-12-2011, 22:42   #875
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Or perhaps they aint allowed to be interested? after all they must have pensions as well?
Maybe..I reckon this lot knew even before they gained power who they could pick on regarding pensions and cuts..I think they will steer clear of Firefighters, Nurses and other service workers that the public hold in high regard.. but even that may change if they can manipulate the media (or vis versa ) into choosing those as the next Target .

Last edited by Mancie; 22-12-2011 at 22:51.
Old 22-12-2011, 22:54   #876
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Maybe..I reckon this lot knew even before they gained power who they could pick on regarding pensions and cuts..I think they will steer clear of Firefighters, Nurses and other service workers that the public hold in high regard.. but even that may change if they can manipulate the media into choosing those as the next Target .

'Opinion polls on voting intention suggest the Conservatives are continuing to slightly out-perform Labour, but the Lib Dems now find themselves neck and neck with UKIP and most people don't seem to trust Ed Miliband on the economy.'

General Election 2012? Opinion Poll Gains For Tories Prompt Speculation

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 22:56   #877
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Opinion polls on voting intention suggest the Conservatives are continuing to slightly out-perform Labour, but the Lib Dems now find themselves neck and neck with UKIP and most people don't seem to trust Ed Miliband on the economy.'

Might be another coalition government.

With UKIP holding the balance of power.

Old 22-12-2011, 23:09   #878
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

No surprise there.. the media reports of Cameron's perceived lone man standing up for the British Nation against the whole of Europe can stir even the sun readers into action.. but Cameron said he had used our useless veto to defend our financial institutions.. I think Magaret P said the the financial institusions raise £54 billion paying tax..last month this government gave those banks £70 billion in relief...now thats not a bad tax return.
Old 22-12-2011, 23:14   #879
God Member

the tories are going to sign a watered down european treaty so its the same old tories all talk ,like the speech britains a christian country why did he say it, who advised him to say it ,is there some reason for it does he think the british electorate so thick as he adds more people to the dole queue thats not very christian. all talk and no substance same old tories
Old 22-12-2011, 23:22   #880
Give, give, give member

Quote:
like the speech britains a christian country

Jesus wouldn't vote for what now passes as the Labour party.

Mind you, I don't think he'd bother going to any of the many different churches either, that were founded in his name.

Old 23-12-2011, 10:21   #881
God Member

Quote:
the tories are going to sign a watered down european treaty so its the same old tories all talk ,
I'd rather he didn't sign it but you are being a bit daft. Before the summit he said he wouldn't sign if he didn't get the things he wanted that were in Britain's interest. They didn't let him have those opt-outs so he refused to sign.

If he goes back and gets what he wanted in the first place, how is that 'all talk'?
Old 23-12-2011, 10:29   #882
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I'd rather he didn't sign it but you are being a bit daft. Before the summit he said he wouldn't sign if he didn't get the things he wanted that were in Britain's interest. They didn't let him have those opt-outs so he refused to sign.

If he goes back and gets what he wanted in the first place, how is that 'all talk'?
Take no notice of him Andrew he drinks to much fire water
Old 23-12-2011, 11:37   #883
God Member

to be quite frank this thread is basicaly a lets pick at the tories thread and when it was first created i thought fair play teh tories are a set of theiving dirtbags with only the interests of teh rich at heart.

Although this remains true the bitter pill of a tory leadership has become more palletable due to teh fact the alternative of a labour leadership is a lot more horrorfying.

we have a local labour MP who has screwed over his constituants and stabbed them in the back over europe and a local labour council that has turned tail and ran to the hills to hide once a question they didnt like was asked.Then we have ED milliband as labour leader who people simply dont like for a variety of reasons so will never be electable.

i think labour want the tories in power because they dont want to deal with the mess thats been made so have put forward tehir weakest candidtae possible and have their MP's act like arsewipes.

They are all crooks and look out for their own interests before ours its just a matter of choosing the less evil of teh crooks and as shocking as it sounds right now Tories are the lesser evil.

Im off to wash mi gob out because although true it still leaves a nasty taste when said

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 19:21   #884
God Member

and the tories plan a by starving the economy of money has claimed more victims BBC News - La Senza to enter administration in UK BBC News - Barratts Priceless shoes: Closure of 18 stores announced
Old 23-12-2011, 19:27   #885
God Member

de ja vu David Cameron pledges to protect Falklands in the face of Argentina tension - Telegraph ohh by the way dave how can we when we have no aircraft carriers hardly any navy more talk he cant back up

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..