Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 18:32   #916
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
blair and co have their critics but they made goverment more transparent and we wouldnt have known if the tories were in charge ie mark thatcher
I have a preference, it is towards Labour, however, each time you post your complete and utter bull,
I am left considering what on Earth, there must be a better alternative than this ace holes idea of a Labour party?

I've never seen so much utter guff since I volunteered to be Jaysay's intern and act as an unpaid spell checker.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2012, 20:27   #917
God Member

Re: The Tories

ha ha
Old 08-01-2012, 00:08   #918
Give, give, give member

Quote:
blair and co have their critics but they made goverment more transparent and we wouldnt have known if the tories were in charge ie mark thatcher
Yeah, that's why they fought tooth and nail, from having their expenses published... in their words, for 'security reasons'.

The only security worries they had, were they knew the public would want to lynch them, after their outrageous fiddling was made public.

Transparent my arse.

All the thanks goes to the Daily Telegraph, for making it very transparent they were a load of greedy swine.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32   #919
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yeah, that's why they fought tooth and nail, from having their expenses published... in their words, for 'security reasons'.

The only security worries they had, were they knew the public would want to lynch them, after their outrageous fiddling was made public.

Transparent my arse.

All the thanks goes to the Daily Telegraph, for making it very transparent they were a load of greedy swine.
I don't actually know C'Mon never seen him, but I think I'd recognise him if I bumped into him anytime, he'd be the jock limping on both feet, due to continually shooting himself in both feet
Old 10-01-2012, 18:38   #920
God Member

looks like the fan is going to hit it David Cameron's Welfare Reform Bill: Hiding the truth is not the way to achieve it | Mail Online
Old 10-01-2012, 18:51   #921
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Think you'd do well to tune into BBC1 at 11am every morning, this might give you an insight into why there needs to be reform, not matter which way you wrap it up, between 1997 and 2010 DLA increased by 350,000, strange that ain't it, when you see people being pushed into DHSS offices in a wheelchair, then skipping of to work running a pub, oh ya that guy got 3 years in the clink for that little scam and no wheelchair in site
Old 10-01-2012, 19:42   #922
Senior Member+

Quote:
This is the Report which is being highlighted, it makes interesting reading!

http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/files/resp...la_reforms.pdf

Best regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:20   #923
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think you'd do well to tune into BBC1 at 11am every morning, this might give you an insight into why there needs to be reform, not matter which way you wrap it up, between 1997 and 2010 DLA increased by 350,000, strange that ain't it, when you see people being pushed into DHSS offices in a wheelchair, then skipping of to work running a pub, oh ya that guy got 3 years in the clink for that little scam and no wheelchair in site
But these "reforms" have nothing to do with stopping scroungers..it's about cutting the income of genuine disabled and sick people..get real!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:28   #924
God Member

so instead of employing people to investigate and find fraudsters the geniune are going to suffer goodbye to dla in fact goodbye to eveything universal credit will destroy this country.even if people dont like people getting benefits its taking more money out the economy which is going to create even more unemployment.even at this moment in time the goverment are recruiting for the civil service as the current level cant cope. unemployment will be going to hit a record high.the tories the party to create unemployment fact.when was the last time there was record levels of unemployment oh yes i know when the tories were in power ie john major
Old 10-01-2012, 21:04   #925
Beacon of light

Quote:
So, instead of employing people to investigate and find fraudsters, the geniune are going to suffer.
Goodbye to DLA, in fact goodbye to eveything.
Universal credit will destroy this country.Even if people dont like people getting benefits, it's taking more money out the economy. Which is going to create even more unemployment.Even at this moment in time, the goverment are recruiting for the civil service, as the current level cant cope. Unemployment will be going to hit a record high.
The tories, the party to create unemployment, fact.
When was the last time there was record levels of unemployment?
Oh yes, I know.
When the tories were in power, i.e. John Major
And this is what it looks like after I have made an attempt to punctuate it.

Couldn't you at least try to put a few Capital letters in, a comma or two and a full stop now and then........?
OK there were a couple of full stops but that was it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 21:10   #926
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And this is what it looks like after I have made an attempt to punctuate it.

Couldn't you at least try to put a few Capital letters in, a comma or two and a full stop now and then........?
OK there were a couple of full stops but that was it.
cheers for that, im multi tasking
Old 10-01-2012, 21:13   #927
Beacon of light

It was a 'once only' event.
My God a comma!....but ah....no capital letters I see.........slow learner? And what has multi tasking to do with anything?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 22:48   #928

The thing about the Tories is they like to divide and rule.

Concentrate public distain on benefits 'scroungers' via support from the right wing media (i.e. the Daily Mail) and the public will ignore another round of fat cat bonuses for the Tory friends in The City and the upcoming abolition of the 'temporary' 50p higher tax rate.

Same old Tories.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 22:50   #929
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thank god others can see this.
Old 10-01-2012, 23:53   #930
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
The thing about the Tories is they like to divide and rule.

Concentrate public distain on benefits 'scroungers' via support from the right wing media (i.e. the Daily Mail) and the public will ignore another round of fat cat bonuses for the Tory friends in The City and the upcoming abolition of the 'temporary' 50p higher tax rate.

Same old Tories.
Can't wait for the Ossy lump o' wood and his sidekicks to lay into you..you left wing pinko toffee nut!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..