Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2012, 08:25   #961
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That remains to be seen if yon snotty clown is right, even a brooke bond monkey is aware of the need to reduce costs, The scale n Timescale of the cuts will determine if they are good fer us or not. But as you can see into yer Tory crystal ball,he must be right.
I'll bow to the supreme wisdom of Mr Ed cashy as he now seems to accept that they left the economy in a real mess, but failed to say anything prior to the election, now we've had the shadow chancellor saying Osborne is right and a left wing Labour MP saying the reforms to the welfare state are needed because its not fit for purpose, all within a few days. Mind you I'm still disappointed that the scottish contingent hasn't graced us with a link this weekend
Old 16-01-2012, 17:47   #962
Resting in Peace

Well still haven't heard from our friend from the north, that's even considering he was actually on site last night, must have been too warm in the kitchen
Old 16-01-2012, 19:45   #963
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Lets just poke the coals a little more shall we :-

U.S. Navy and U.K. Royal Navy F-35 Unable to Get Aboard Ship
Old 16-01-2012, 19:49   #964
Senior Member+

Never had a problem when i was a fighter pilot
Old 16-01-2012, 19:51   #965
Senior Member+

Labour won't have to worry about what cuts they make when/if in government if the jocks get their way with the referendum.
Old 17-01-2012, 09:06   #966
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Labour won't have to worry about what cuts they make when/if in government if the jocks get their way with the referendum.
In as much Labour would never ever govern the country again
Old 17-01-2012, 09:08   #967
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Talking of the Referendum WM, it seems more people in England are in favour of giving the Jocks independence than in Scotland itself, wonder why that is
Old 17-01-2012, 09:12   #968
Resting in Peace

I'm beginning to worry about C'mon, he hasn't been seen since Ed Balls declared that the opposition backed the government on wage freeze and cuts in the public sector, do hope the chaps okay
Old 17-01-2012, 22:28   #969
God Member

Quote:
Just thinking that Labour will have even less chance of even getting into government if the jocks get their way..Labour currently have 41 Scottish seats in Westminster.. those seats will go!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 22:45   #970
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Just thinking that Labour will have even less chance of even getting into government if the jocks get their way..Labour currently have 41 Scottish seats in Westminster.. those seats will go!
I reckon what Salmon wants n the jocks want,may be 2 different things.
Old 17-01-2012, 22:56   #971
God Member

Quote:
I reckon what Salmon wants n the jocks want,may be 2 different things.
Same here.. but if total independence did happen and Labour lost those seats they can wave goodbye to any chance of forming a government in a slimmed down Westmister.. another 18 years of Tory rule?
Old 17-01-2012, 23:02   #972
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Same here.. but if total independence did happen and Labour lost those seats they can wave goodbye to any chance of forming a government in a slimmed down Westmister.. another 18 years of Tory rule?
Always a bright side if yeh look mancie,if that happens i doubt if i'll still be here to see it.
Old 17-01-2012, 23:06   #973
God Member

whats this all about The Guardian on Facebook | Facebook
Old 17-01-2012, 23:08   #974
God Member

Quote:
Always a bright side if yeh look mancie,if that happens i doubt if i'll still be here to see it.
As long as you don't pop it the same time as Thatcher.. I don't think the country could afford two State Funerals
Old 17-01-2012, 23:09   #975
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
As long as you don't pop it the same time as Thatcher.. I don't think the country could afford two State Funerals
If i never acheive owt else,i'll outlive that cow.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..