Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2020, 18:56   #151
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: The U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its certainly surprising when you hear all those others with scouse accents around the wham on saturday afternoon.

Terrible ain't it? Especially that dodgy pair in the dugout!

A wee word to the wise, make sure these accents are always in front of you where you can keep an eye on 'em!
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-06-2020, 21:19   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The 10 million figure is over ten years...so if this man's career takes a dive then it is all academic really.
Like you, it irritates the crap out of me to see these pied pipers...calling the tune, and mindless fans(who can see better than they can think) dance to their tune without realising that these celebs are working at raising their own profile.They could not give a shiny what not about black lives. If they did think that Black lives matter, then they would work on eliminating black on black knife crime in the capital....Yet because this is not white people doing the 'shanking', it fails to meet the criteria of the BLM agenda.

Or is this just me being my usual cynical self?

I cannot see oppressed black people.

And getting all hot and bothered about a monkey on the Coco Pops box, while there are three white boys on the rice crispies box.....oh, come on.....aren't there bigger things going on in this crazy world to get offended about?

Some people want to be offended, want to be outraged and will find something totally innocuous that fits the bill.

Welcome back Jimmy....hope you are better now.
Thanks - it's nice to be among an oasis of (relative) sanity in this sea of lunacy.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 08:24   #153
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1241199]

And getting all hot and bothered about a monkey on the Coco Pops box, while there are three white boys on the rice crispies box.....

actually that made me laugh. if a white person had said that they would have rightly been accused of racism in comparing a monkey to a black person. makes you wonder what other stuff goes through their minds. glad i have not got a similar mind.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 08:29   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
Stormzy (whoever he is) gives £10 m...and don't get me started on those preaching swines of Hollywood... don't they realise that for every 'fan' they have there are a hundred people who detest them with a passion ? If they were so loved by the public why do they need to live in mansions behind massive fences and employ security staff ?
for someone who lives in the world of talking pictures, gene krupa, geraldo and the andrews sisters i have not a clue who stormzy and most hollywood celebs are. actually i am not bothered one little bit either.
Old 18-06-2020, 09:15   #155
Beacon of light

Yes Jimmy, I have to look up many of them too....but the fact that cannot be overlooked is that these people are the ones that many of those on social media follow and take their opinions as a gospel...they believe what is fed to them....they swallow it down without mentally chewing it.
They trust these celebs(or what passes for celebs) to think for them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 10:07   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

many celebs couldnt think past monday thick as it comes and think they know.
Old 18-06-2020, 10:16   #157
Beacon of light

Welll, they know about 'woke'...and about taking offence, and they think they know about equality too.
Though none of them know one jot about the lives that most of us lead.
Old 18-06-2020, 10:47   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That my dear fellow was through choice, I'd heard about the friendly denizens in their dark & nowadays not so smokey Boozers, a life experience not to be missed!!!

I even keep coming back for more being the glutton that I am!
If ever you are in Accy and you find yourself in the "Peel park" pub beside Stanley's old ground, ask the bar staff if Mick/Taddy is in, if I am then I will stand you A pint but only one, cos I am a tight sod as well as a Luddite.
DaveinGermany likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 10:56   #159

That is if the pub is still viable after this covid jobby is over with.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 11:20   #160
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
many celebs couldnt think past monday thick as it comes and think they know.
best thing to do cashy is to listen to what they say. then say and do the complete opposite to give yourself a fighting chance of getting it right.
Old 18-06-2020, 11:25   #161
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
best thing to do cashy is to listen to what they say. then say and do the complete opposite to give yourself a fighting chance of getting it right.
My God! You must be bored by this lock down if you have the patience to listen to all that bullshine.
cashman likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 13:15   #162

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1241217]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

And getting all hot and bothered about a monkey on the Coco Pops box, while there are three white boys on the rice crispies box.....

actually that made me laugh. if a white person had said that they would have rightly been accused of racism in comparing a monkey to a black person. makes you wonder what other stuff goes through their minds. glad i have not got a similar mind.
The thing is it probably is someone white who has complained and is offended on behalf of a community they know nothing about.

As for Penny Lane - well it should be renamed, why not name it after a low denomination coin ?
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2020, 19:13   #163
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
If ever you are in Accy and you find yourself in the "Peel park" pub beside Stanley's old ground, ask the bar staff if Mick/Taddy is in, if I am then I will stand you A pint but only one, cos I am a tight sod as well as a Luddite.

I shall bear that in mind the next time I venture forth to Accy & environs.
Old 19-06-2020, 08:13   #164
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
My God! You must be bored by this lock down if you have the patience to listen to all that bullshine.
i am bored but you cannot seem to get away from these cretins. its much harder to find opposite views. begs a question, is too much spent on education and not enough if that gives em there rounded views.
Old 19-06-2020, 11:46   #165
Beacon of light

The education being given to our children teaches them what to think rather than HOW to think, I think that could be termed 'indoctrination'
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..