Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2020, 07:58   #166
God Member

Re: The U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The education being given to our children teaches them what to think rather than HOW to think, I think that could be termed 'indoctrination'
just wonder what values our old teachers had when you compare them to todays set. at least they looked and acted like a school teacher and were not bothered if you liked them or not. teachers and parents have jobs to bring children up to their best of their ability. not trying to make kids their best mates.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2020, 08:14   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

quite a few parents these days are a Disgrace to the word in my view.i sure wasnt mr perfect, but did my best,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-06-2020, 22:14   #168

Just when you think the "racism" angle can't get any more ridiculous.....

Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 07:22   #169
God Member

i could say a lot but i,d get a lifetime banning on here.
Old 21-06-2020, 07:30   #170
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
quite a few parents these days are a Disgrace to the word in my view.i sure wasnt mr perfect, but did my best,
always think the situation is based on something you wanted in the first place against something that happened by an accident you,d have avoided in the first place if you thought more about your actions.
Old 21-06-2020, 14:43   #171
Beacon of light

so the rugby anthem 'Swing Low Sweet Chariot' has fallen foul of the woke brigade now.
For goodness sake it is a song...it hurts no-one and whatever your views it will not resurrect those who centuries ago were subject to being enslaved..neither will it free them.

And What do you know?
Harry Windsor(AKA Prince Harry) has been prodded to throw his weight behind the campaign to ban this song by the ultrawoke Me-again Markle......talk about wanting a private life to be PRIVATE...now they have what they asked for they keep shoving their noses into the limelight...are they missing it or something?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 15:42   #172
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Harry Windsor(AKA Prince Harry) has been prodded to throw his weight behind the campaign to ban this song

Used to be a reasonable bloke in his younger days, proper lad, but since he got to knocking about with mememarkle, the lads gone proper pussywhiped, no time for him now, he really is his mothers boy!
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 21-06-2020, 15:46   #173
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
Just when you think the "racism" angle can't get any more ridiculous.....

Absolutely off her (cake) trolley! Trump isn't the problem, more Col. Sanders & MakkyD added to the fact she probably ain't to shy going round for seconds, thirds & quite probably some snacking too!.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 21-06-2020 at 15:49.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 16:18   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Absolutely off her (cake) trolley! Trump isn't the problem, more Col. Sanders & MakkyD added to the fact she probably ain't to shy going round for seconds, thirds & quite probably some snacking too!.

No one is owning responsibility for what are their own actions anymore - they're all looking for someone to blame (and for someone to pay!) for what is basically they're own fault.
I sometimes wonder how some people can actually afford to have a 40 stone lifestyle - apart from the actual cost of the food, the amount of time shovelling it down your gullet must preclude you from engaging in gainful employment.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 08:11   #175
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe View Post
I sometimes wonder how some people can actually afford to have a 40 stone lifestyle - apart from the actual cost of the food, the amount of time shovelling it down your gullet must preclude you from engaging in gainful employment.
plus another gripe i have always had with the 40 stone brigade is regarding clothes. for someone like me who is an average build, why should i have to subsidize the cost of a wool jumper say for them. they,d have to use a couple of extra sheep for their clothes than mine and they cost the same.
Old 22-06-2020, 08:14   #176
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1241325, more Col. Sanders & MakkyD added to the fact she probably ain't to shy going round for seconds, thirds & quite probably some snacking too!.[/QUOTE]

those white supremesists col.sanders and ronald mcdonald have a lot to answer for.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 23-06-2020, 09:00   #177
Beacon of light

It is being reported that the BBC is going to spend £100 million over the next three years to ensure it has 20% of ethnic minorities as off screen employees.

Surely this is a form of racism....and of the worst kind...it is the box ticking racism.
Only those who are the best for the job should be appointed...regardless of their colour creed or ethnicity.
But then, this is the Beeb we are talking about here!
Old 23-06-2020, 10:54   #178
Beacon of light

All this publicity about historical slavery that the protests have been about.....yet no one ever mentions that Since 2018 Pakistan has sold 629 women and girls to China....ostensibly as brides, but once in China they are enslaved and forced into prostitution.
Most of these women and girls are Christian.
Have you seen this slavery story told on the news programs?
No....why might that be then...?
Don't their lives matter too?
Some of those women would choose death over the inhumane treatment they receive in China

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-06-2020 at 11:03.
Old 23-06-2020, 11:02   #179
Beacon of light

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ina-financial/
Here is the story.
cashman likes this.
Old 23-06-2020, 15:29   #180
God Member

Quote:
Deserving, but much too ‘difficult‘ a target for the woke MSM and weak-kneed politicians. Maybe they should change the acronym to SBLM?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..