Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2020, 17:06   #181
Beacon of light

Re: The U.S.A.

Of course, that is right it is far too hot a political potato to get involved in......You are right to about only SOME black lives matter.

I was incensed to see Lewis Hamilton saying that he had been the target of racial discrimination since the age of eight.
Come on Lewis....Motor racing is an expensive sport to get into so you had to be privileged to even get a foot in the door.....and your morals did not stop you working for Mercedes.

Can jumping on the bandwagon be made into an Olympic event?

I am sick of all these sports people (footballers) on hearing the refs whistle for the start of the game, dropping down onto one knee......there is NO FOOTBALLER alive who would dare to dissent against such a practice and as such it is bogus...it means nothing because it is becoming a fascist custon(by that I mean if you don't participate then you would be 'toast' in the sport...so they are obliged to follow the sheep.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2020, 22:49   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Deserving, but much too ‘difficult‘ a target for the woke MSM and weak-kneed politicians. Maybe they should change the acronym to SBLM?
Have long pointed out it should be ONLY VIOLENT WEALTHY WORKSHY CRIMINAL BLACK LIVES MATTER as they seem to be the ONLY ones that BLM is interested in.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 06:24   #183
Beacon of light

The ultimate aim of BLM is to disband the police and do away with prisons.....and this is the BLMUK too.
They do not have any idea how they would maintain law and order....or what effect releasing the criminal fraternity onto the streets would cause.

There is plenty of gang warfare currently on the streets...much of it is Black on Black too....so don't those black lives have any value.

All this hoo-ha about the plane flying over a football match.....saying White lives matter.....it comes to something when an alternative opinion is not tolerated.
Or where people are reluctant to express a differing idea from those currently posturing (because it is 'woke').

It is how things started in Germany before the start of the Second World War.....so it alarms me.
Shutting down healthy debate, showing intolerance of another's ideas is fascism.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 24-06-2020, 07:50   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
wonder if the guardian has picked up on that story.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 07:57   #185
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1241379]

I am sick of all these sports people (footballers) on hearing the refs whistle for the start of the game, dropping down onto one knee......there is NO FOOTBALLER alive who would dare to dissent against such a practice and as such it is bogus...

there are bound to be loads of players who do not want to do this kneeling rubbish. i can imagine they have been warned by their clubs, the league and the PFA that failure to do so may have serious consequences for them in their future careers.
Old 24-06-2020, 08:59   #186
Beacon of light

I am pretty sure you are right about players being given directions.

I wonder what would happen if one of these players who did not agree with this directive, took the ball and popped into the back of the net?
Aren't the players taught to play to the whistle....and the ref blew the whistle for the game to start...not for the players to go into submissive mode.
I also do not like the black power salute.....doesn't this negate the position of submission.

I'm only asking....because I am a nosey cynical old bird whose meds are wearing off.
Old 24-06-2020, 09:50   #187
God Member

kneeling for a start is submissive. mind you it could be worse the BLM might have rolled on their backs with their arms and legs in the air with a tennis ball in their mouths. that would have been great to see millionairs doing the same before a football match. mind you once winter and wet pitches come along it will get dropped unless they bring their waterproof sheet onto the pitch with them. replicas of these will be available in club shops at three times the cost.
Old 24-06-2020, 11:14   #188
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wonder if the guardian has picked up on that story.
Not the only ‘unwoke’ story the benighted Guardian hasn’t picked up.

https://www.change.org/p/independent...dian-newspaper

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 24-06-2020 at 11:17.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 11:27   #189
Beacon of light

I don't want to shut down anything....that was then....and the world moved on.
Politicians are often telling us that 'lessons will be learned'.....and to a great extent they have, but there is still slavery in the world.....as my previous post highlighted.
China has an appalling record of human rights issues, but then other countries also have things that could improve lives of women, religious groups(Saudi Arabia is a prime example) of a place that is riddled with prejudice and constraint of social groups(try being homosexual or transgender over there)
So why do these protesters not direct their effort there?
Well, I can tell you.
They would not be tolerated....yet we are being told is is we who are intolerant.

I would guess that there are very few enterprises that did not profit in some way from what would now be considered wrong.
Old 24-06-2020, 11:28   #190
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

Whats the phrase?

Quote:
hung by their own...
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2020, 08:15   #191
God Member

Quote:

signed, but i would not have bothered a few weeks back.
Old 27-06-2020, 09:25   #192
Beacon of light

Where are the protests being held for those stabbed by a Sudanese Asylum seeker in Glasgow yesterday.

Oh, yes...I forgot.....it's BLACK lives that matter.....so the demonstrations will again focus on 'police brutality'.

Another story doing the rounds is regarding an academic at on of the prestigious universities.....she's been promoted for suggesting that 'whiteness'(that's you and me) must be eliminated...in jobs in education, in all walks of life....in favour of the people of colour and the LBGTQ communities.

She has responded to the backlash by saying her motives were misinterpreted.....what is her name Professor(that is her new title, since promotion) P. Gopal......and she teaches English.

Why is there any amazement that this kind of stuff hardens the stance of those who see it as a racist comment.
It hardly make you feel warm and fuzzy about academia.

Even Justin Welby(the Left leaning Archbishop of Canterbury) is saying that we must look at the situation where Jesus is portrayed as being white.....and pictures and statues may have to 'come down'.
Makes you want to take strong drink!
Mine's a builders tea, not much milk and six sugars(need something to sweeten my mood this morning).
Old 27-06-2020, 10:59   #193
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Get rid of 'Whiteness?' Bring it on, if folk complain about blacking up in future these guys will have an excuse!

Of course we black up, it would be offensive to appear in public as a whiteman!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 11:24   #194
Beacon of light

Love your take on things Less.
Old 28-06-2020, 08:53   #195
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Even Justin Welby(the Left leaning Archbishop of Canterbury) is saying that we must look at the situation where Jesus is portrayed as being white.....and pictures and statues may have to 'come down'.
Makes you want to take strong drink!
Mine's a builders tea, not much milk and six sugars(need something to sweeten my mood this morning).
do not worry, the zebra, giant panda , husky and sheepdogs will all be exempt from criticism. its english bull terriors i feel sorry for. due to their name and colouring they have no chance.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..