Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2020, 12:20   #61
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: The U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

As to the Cherry Blossom Less...I only have two colours.....one is brown....the other is black....which will create the most trouble?
Ah, indecision typical of a honky, if you don't know which brown is the correct black you are a prejudiced whitey!

Or are you asking because you are planning to use the wrong shade causing unrest? Yet another ploy of the racist honky whitey.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2020, 13:31   #62
Beacon of light

I plan to mix it...that way I am bound to get into trouble.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 14:50   #63
God Member

Another much needed dose of common sense from this lady.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...o-with-racism/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 15:13   #64

Yes very sensible, the following quote from it reminded me of one of my own observations:-

Quote:
As we’ve seen, groups of white people at protests are kneeling, apologising and begging for forgiveness for actions they did not commit, in a depressing display of self-flagellation and white guilt. It’s embarrassing. And it does absolutely nothing to move society forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I can forgive you anything except being white.
Because I have decided to become a member of the white middle class,
which requires me to denounce anything great that white people may have done for the world and to continuously get down on one knee and apologise for all that is wrong with the world.

I have been online and ordered up the standard uniform of sack cloth and ashes from Amazon and paid extra to have it express delivered.

If ever we are allowed out of quarantine and we meet down town I will be the one with the plaquard 'White lives are a disgrace' and ringing a hand bell to warn all blacks and others that I am in the area.

Last edited by Less; 08-06-2020 at 15:22.
Old 08-06-2020, 18:01   #65
Beacon of light

Less, I think I have been singing from that hymn sheet too.
See post 56.
I saw a report of a happening in Carolina(I think) where white people were washing the feet of black people....to signify humility.....this is wrong on so many levels.
If I were a black person I would consider this action not to be a sign of humility, but I would view it as patronising and condescending.
Less and cashman like this.
Old 08-06-2020, 18:14   #66
Beacon of light

Oh yes and this writer also comments on the fact-free victimisation of black people.....I think that I have also made that observation......that so many privileged people are portraying themselves as 'victims' of oppression.
They do not know the meaning of oppression.....they only think they do.

I have also said that all this protestation is nothing at al to do with what happened to George Floyd.

We have celebrities in this country who will use ANY opportunity to raise their own profile...satisfy their own agenda.
The outrage that they portray is not real...but it IS 'woke' and that is how they want to be seen.
Reading that article, I was nodding my head all the way through.....and this was written by an author who is part of the ethnic minority.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:15   #67
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1240889]

We have celebrities in this country who will use ANY opportunity to raise their own profile...satisfy their own agenda.
The outrage that they portray is not real...but it IS 'woke' and that is how they want to be seen.

do you mean the same ones who have been doing all the thursday night happy clapping as well. after this new craze of black lives matter goes away i wonder what their next platform will be. fires and having a pee come to mind about these people.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:23   #68

I have heard of walking the walk and talking the talk but would someone please explain to an old Luddite what does "Woke" mean ?
Your's Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:27   #69
Beacon of light

Taddy, it means politically aware of moral and ethical issues....especially where racial, equality or justice is concerned.
It is the posturing stance of those who think that they are superior to you and me.
That is being 'woke'.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:40   #70
Beacon of light

hope that helps Taddy....

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-06-2020 at 08:45.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:41   #71
Beacon of light

I see that 'thuggocracy' is winning.
Mob rule seems to be taking the place of democracy.
Police standing by doing nothing.....other than getting down on their knees...I guess the mob felt really worried by these men who are supposed to be promoting and ensuring law and order.
That was pitiful.

That the statues of men who are deemed by the BLM mob to be lower than dirt(in spite of them being part of the fabric of the country, contributing to the wealth and development, the education and progress) are being taken down. Because the mob want them down.....and the Mayor of London sides with them....well of course he would.

So taking these down makes it all alright again....wipes out what these men are accused of?

These non thinking reactive morons(I tried to think of a more flattering term, but couldn't) think that by removing these monuments will give back the slaves their lives......that because the presence of the statues is not visible anymore, the offences that they accuse them of are wiped out.

These are men that did what they did because back then it was deemed acceptable, laudable even...because these men funded good works that uplifted the poor in their communities.
They did what they did to give work to the people, to put food on tables.....and that some of these deeds go back to the 17th century....three and a half centuries ago.

The presence of these monuments should be viewed differently.
They should be seen as a milestone of how far removed we are from the ideas and ideals of that time.

All of this is similar to the smashing of the religious sites in Iraq.

History cannot be denied...it happened, it needs to acknowledged.
History denied is far more likely to be repeated...because if we do not learn from the past, then it is sure that we will make the same mistakes again

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-06-2020 at 08:49.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:42   #72

Thank you Marge.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:50   #73
Beacon of light

You are welcome Taddy.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:52   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Taddy, it means politically aware of moral and ethical issues....especially where racial, equality or justice is concerned.
It is the posturing stance of those who think that they are superior to you and me.
That is being 'woke'.
Are the people that think they are superior black, white or both?

I don't feel superior to anyone but I will not be made to feel inferior either.

I have lived my life trying to be fair to everyone however it doesn't work some people just look for wrongs even where they don't exist.

I will not be going down on one knee at any time because I haven't done anything that warrants such action.

We are all British and should stand proudly when our National Anthem is played because, although society isn't perfect it is OUR society and will only improve when we all work together, cherry picking faults and blaming the whites or trying to make them the fall guy for everything is not the way forward everyone of every race has their own prejudices we all have to get over them to improve.

Removing statues of past slave traders is a knee jerk reaction, they should remain where they are with an explanation of what they did at that time and it should be made plain that we do not condone their actions.

Hiding them away and denying our past would be like Germany claiming the Holocaust never happened.

Plus if we are to work together, the Group that shouts 'every black life matters' should change their slogan (which has a hint of racism) to 'every life matters' not to be P.C. but to be correct.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:59   #75
Beacon of light

There are people in n all races who believe that they are superior(that just reflects their own brand of insecurity).
Like you, I believe that I am as good as the next person.
I will go down on my knees only to clean the floor...or to find the cat's ball under the drawers.
For all else I will stand in no-ones shadow.
I believe that we live in one of the most tolerant of societies.

Yes, you are right, there are those that will find wrongs where they do not exist.

The BLM slogan is most definitely racist....but isn't racist only practised against those of 'colour'?

I really do despair of the way things are going.
The way that a mob can dictate what actions the police take....(and also how they can manipulate local bodies...councils etc)and that someone can dig up a five year old video to stir up hatred and trouble....purely to further their own agenda(which looks very left wing to me....but then what do I know?)
Less and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..