Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2011, 18:17   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: The Ultimate Insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Whaaat? Are you seriously telling me that's a PRO-EU view? I'd hate to see you when you're anti-something!
Just teasing Wyn, as I've said recently the more things I here coming from Brussels the more I think we should get the flock out of there, but can't see it, too many businesses are pro Europe
Old 30-09-2011, 18:21   #17
Senior Member+

Our government should grow some, and let them get on with suing cause we are skint and you cant take a stocking of a bare leg, could anyone see the french or the germans putting up with this ? I cant.

Last edited by Neil; 01-10-2011 at 22:48. Reason: *'s
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 18:28   #18
Give, give, give member

You'd have thought lessons would have been learned, after the dismal failure of the U.S.S.R.

When disparate people and countries were ruled from Moscow, and which eventually broke down because people like to be governed by their own governments, in their own countries.

I might take legal action against the British government.

For becoming involved in one of the biggest cons in world history. Which certainly didn't have a mandate from the British people, arrived at by a clear and fair referendum.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 18:59   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You'd have thought lessons would have been learned, after the dismal failure of the U.S.S.R.

When disparate people and countries were ruled from Moscow, and which eventually broke down because people like to be governed by their own governments, in their own countries.

I might take legal action against the British government.

For becoming involved in one of the biggest cons in world history. Which certainly didn't have a mandate from the British people, arrived at by a clear and fair referendum.
In the poll that you ran on the EU, Bernard Dawson and Claytonender said they were happy with the present situation. Could they tell us if they're still happy with the present situation and if they are, why?
Old 30-09-2011, 19:05   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
In the poll that you ran on the EU, Bernard Dawson and Claytonender said they were happy with the present situation. Could they tell us if they're still happy with the present situation and if they are, why?
Here it is.

Accrington Web - View Poll Results

I predict there'd be an even greater majority who'd be in favour of withdrawal, two more years, of unasked for interference, down the line.

Old 30-09-2011, 19:08   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Here it is.

Accrington Web - View Poll Results

I predict there'd be an even greater majority who'd be in favour of withdrawal, two more years, of unasked for interference, down the line.
Eyes up lads Bernards on line now, he'll be answering in a couple of sec's I hope
Old 30-09-2011, 19:14   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Eyes up lads Bernards on line now, he'll be answering in a couple of sec's I hope
I didn't actually notice any alcohol in the room the other day. Did George bring you a carry-out or something?
Old 30-09-2011, 19:24   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Do you still support 'some independence, but have economic ties'?

The last time people were allowed a say on continuing membership of the Common Market was in 1975, when the result was...

YES - 52.1%

NO - 47.9%

Last edited by garinda; 30-09-2011 at 19:26.
Old 30-09-2011, 19:27   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Do you still support 'some independence, but have economic ties'?

The last time people were allowed a say on continuing membership of the Common Market was in 1975, when the result was...

YES - 259,25152.1%

NO - 237,91147.9%
Never actually realised that the vote was so close (or so low). I'd love to see the figures now, but of course the Tories, Labour and LibDems have all conspired to ensure that never happens.
Old 30-09-2011, 19:36   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Never actually realised that the vote was so close (or so low). I'd love to see the figures now, but of course the Tories, Labour and LibDems have all conspired to ensure that never happens.
In the seventies the Conservatives were broadly pro-Common Market membership, and Labour under Wilson, were against it.

How times of changed.

Broadly both parties are pro, otherwise we'd be allowed a referendum, and the people are anti-continued membership of the centralised governing monster that it has become.

Old 30-09-2011, 20:03   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ah well, guess it was not to be, Jay. Our Bernard has disappeared into the night without uttering a word on the subject. How strange!
Old 30-09-2011, 20:21   #27
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think the solution is could be a simple one. Any benefits paid out by the UK to people from the EU not born here should be claimed back from the birth country of the claimant.

This should work the other way as well so UK born people claiming benefits in France should be claimed back from the UK by France.
Willow and I have looked into retirement in France and one incentive is that they get a higher state pension over there. Most of the retirement pension will still be paid from the UK but we would be entitled to a top-up IF we reside in France.

When I read the story re: immediate benefits, I wondered about all the Eastern Europeans that spend months in France awaiting the opportunity to sneak into the UK. Are the French paying them benefits while they wait in Calais? I seriously doubt it.
Old 30-09-2011, 20:35   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post
When I read the story re: immediate benefits, I wondered about all the Eastern Europeans that spend months in France awaiting the opportunity to sneak into the UK. Are the French paying them benefits while they wait in Calais? I seriously doubt it.
Those waiting in Calais are from countries like Iran and Afghanistan - ie from outside the EU. If they were from Eastern European countries inside the EU, they wouldn't need to "sneak" into the UK - they can just walk straight in under the EU freedom of movement laws. When they get here, there are some restrictions on the benefits they can receive. Once the EU have sued us, they will be able to walk straight in and claim a full range of benefits.

...and I am still waiting for answers from Claytonender and Bernard on why they are happy with this.
Old 30-09-2011, 23:34   #29
Super Moderator

...and not only are they rubbing our noses in it, they're making us pay through the nose for the privilege.

.Each household lost £299 to Brussels last year - Telegraph

...and still I'm waiting for answers from Claytonender and Bernard on why they're happy with this situation.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:36   #30
God Member

Never heard something so ridiculous. We need a referendum.

Good clip from Newsnight the other night on the Euro..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..