Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2005, 07:42   #1
God Member

The War of lies...

...is what I'll call it from now on. Not only did our estimed PM lie about the WMD and the outing of Dr Kelly but even the Yanks are in on the game. Some poor soul died at the wrong time so they told his family that their son had died in action when really he was yet another victim of American 'Friendly Fire' Not only that they burned his body to destroy the evidence.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/world/americas/4574983.stm
Of course there is also the biggest lie of all. That Amercica dragged us into war to remove a dictator and bring peace and democracy to Iraq. What do we have now? Insurgents killing people at will, Soldiers still dying over a year after the war was declared over. Oh and the fact that really it was about controlling the oil reserves and putting in a controlling goverment that would be friendly to Americas demands.

Some days I'm ashamed to be part of this corrupt society.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2005, 08:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The War of lies...

Blair only went to Iraq because he wanted to lead his country to war, and thought that this might be his only chance.

Quite what the attraction is of doing that is beyond me, and he still won't admit that he was wrong.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 09:34   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

never believed the wmd story before the war,so what comes out after is no surprise,the same sort of thing happens every time,im no blair fan but its a bit much blaming him,remember the falklands war.most people,myself included believed the BELGRANO was sunk cos it was attacking the islands,what do we find out 3 years later? it was not even in the exclusion zone and sailing away from the falklands towards ARGENTINA,who was to blame for that?the TORIES,some folk have short memories i think.
Old 25-05-2005, 09:42   #4
Senior Member+

I remember the Falklands War, in that I was aware that it was happening, but was too young to remember or take any interest in any detail about it - I would have been 10 at the time, and was more interested in riding my bike than a war; much the same as my peers

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 11:10   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
I remember the Falklands War, in that I was aware that it was happening, but was too young to remember or take any interest in any detail about it - I would have been 10 at the time, and was more interested in riding my bike than a war; much the same as my peers
i used to be young myself i was born at a very early age.but ive took note of alot in my time thats why im so bloody cynical,also i dont know peoples ages on here.
Old 25-05-2005, 11:12   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
most people,myself included believed the BELGRANO was sunk cos it was attacking the islands,what do we find out 3 years later? it was not even in the exclusion zone and sailing away from the falklands towards ARGENTINA
And what is your problem with that? I don't think there should have been such a thing as an exclusion zone. All of their ships, planes etc should have been targets wherever they were.
Old 25-05-2005, 11:29   #7
God Member

Neil, Someone who speaks sense, Peopple seem to be under the impression that when we declared war on Iraq that it was only ever to be fought over there. Why shouldn't Iraqi's have attacked us here in good old blighty? It would be like calling Hitlers lot terrorists back in WW2.

We seem to think we should be untouchable. Thats pure arrogance if you ask me.
Old 25-05-2005, 16:22   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Shhh stop telling everyone I speak sense, you will spoil my bad reputation.

It is true about war. You cant declare war on a country and only expect to fight and die over there. When a U-boat shelled New York in WW2 it was a real kick in the teeth to the Americans.
After the attack on Pearl Harbour the Americans started to detain Japanese people living in America. Why did they not do the same while fighting in Iraq?
Old 25-05-2005, 22:50   #9
God Member

Strange really,

If you live in a country are you responsible for the leaders actions? would you be responsible shold Iraq take control of blighty? they would kill you of course. what do you think is the answer?
Old 25-05-2005, 23:00   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
And what is your problem with that? I don't think there should have been such a thing as an exclusion zone. All of their ships, planes etc should have been targets wherever they were.
considering we took it and much of the world long ago- nothing
Old 25-05-2005, 23:27   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
would you be responsible shold Iraq take control of blighty?
I think there would be a lot of bloody tee towels in England before that happened.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..