Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2003, 13:04   #16

Post Re: The War with Iraq

I think you totally missed the point there Hanchorman. I was deliberately being over the top. I thought if I took the scenarios a little step further then maybe I could make the point that war and killing solves nothing!

I agree that we are not at war in order to liberate the Iraqi people - otherwise why would Blair and Bush be fighting over who takes charge after they've managed to get rid of Hussein.

I think this war has been planned by the US for a long time - an election winner for the great American Dream. "Look at us - we are a really caring nation - we liberated the Iraqi's and we are now teaching them how to run their country - in fact, we're running it for them!"

Nobody is going to tell me that with all the technology and special forces the Americans (and the British) have, that somebody could not have infiltrated the Iraqi Government and put paid to Saddam Hussein a long time ago - without all this bloodshed - if that's all the war's about!

Let's face it, they have had 12 years to plan it. Saddam Hussein uses doubles - surely the Americans could have found a double and put him in there to do the dirty business without having to kill all these innocent people!

I agree that we have to give our support to the forces out there, let's face it, they are innocent too. It's the Government who goes to war.

The fact that some of the American troops have actually been filmed cheering when they hit someone is something that I find extremely offensive, and I hate the fact that we, as a country, are being seen in the same light. I'm afraid I just cannot accept the American psychy - it's like watching a John Wayne movie sometimes when I turn on the news! >

I'm sure this will clear up any confusion about what side of the fence I stand on - BTW I am an ex service person.

p.s. Hanchorman - you don't really think that everybody who looks like Saddam Hussein should be killed, do you???? Most of the male Arab population could fit the bill
maymayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2003, 09:02   #17
Junior Member+

hi maymayberry,my sense of irony was wasted but nevermind,not a subject to joke about or is it?as for the soldiers cheering when they hit someone,i would bloody cheer if i stopped someone trying to kill me whichever side i was on!

everyone is following orders so no blame there.the media coverage believe it or not, thats your choice its all got "spin" on it...
not long before the jihad is finished as saddams mighty warriors defeat the invading devils (if your watching iraq one),meanwhile on the other channel gi jane just got dragged out of a hospital.....due to be a blockbuster in the summer of 2004 no doubt about that!         since i dont have access to iraq one all my views are biased by "our" media but given time, our pc goverment will force it on us since we (ie me) must be tolerant of everybody and everything!  

maybee because i have no faith i should become a christian or a muslim then our "gang" can beat the crap out of the other "gang".......anyway ive just got down from my soapbox.....

is it a war over oil,religion or politics? i neither know nor (if im honest) care! a sad statement im sure you will think but all i seem to care about is me and mine.all a result of conditioning and life in general....life is precious any life but like it or not you and i are represented by this government by the virtue of living here "we" voted them in,i didnt vote for a war/conflict but its happend because they know whats best (so im told) .stuff happens and i cant do anything about it,wish i could but i cant. keep watching and reading,just choose your own channel?

all the best hanchorman, cya later maymayberry.
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 07:59   #18
Senior Member+

Well done lads some of my mates are down there now.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:08   #19

[quote author=KIPAX link=board=general;num=1048700636;start=0#6 date=04/02/03 at 15:00:48]Not taking sides here. But can someone remind me. Why is this country attacking Iraq? [/quote]

I can understand your confusion. The original excuse was because he was a threat since he had weapons of mass destruction and could deliver them within 45 minutes plus he had ties to Al Quada.

Since none have this has been proved the current excuse is that he was a bad guy and the Iraq people had to be liberated from a cruel dictator.

It seems that the Iraqis don't appreciate their liberation and because there are many more bad guys in the world it's going to be a long haul.

By the way, Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein are still on the loose.

flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 15:14   #20
Junior Member+

The reason why the war in Iraq has kicked off once again is because of that morning making thing called OIL. Iraq have got loads of the bloody stuff and making approx 50 million dollars a day from it. And the good old yanks will do anything.. to get their hands on it. even to say that iraq have weapons of mass destruction!! even though they may not have any...no evidence yet!!  
bradinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..