Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2022, 13:16   #31

Re: The world of "Woke"

From Dotti, By the way, Dave, if there’s any spare space in that cave with you and Margaret do you think I could join you, please sir,

Add me to that list Dave, That will give the cave two male and two female inhabitants, what could go wrong?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2022, 13:27   #32

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1264133]Good man, welcome aboard the good ship sanity express.
There's always a free bunk for those that won't be subjugated & browbeaten.

Be careful what you are saying Dave, I certainly would not fancy a "bunk" (up) or down. with with another man.
Old 20-02-2022, 16:55   #33
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
From Dotti, By the way, Dave, if there’s any spare space in that cave with you and Margaret do you think I could join you, please sir,

Add me to that list Dave, That will give the cave two male and two female inhabitants, what could go wrong?
Absolutely nothing Taddy…..surely you would not leave your lovely Hazel at home.
You would bring her to enjoy this peaceful existence.
As for us at least we know we would have someone who could grow edibles for us.
dotti34, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2022, 16:57   #34
Beacon of light

Taddy I think you have misread the bunk situation….he said there would be a bunk free…not a bunk up.
Old 21-02-2022, 08:22   #35

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1264153]Taddy I think you have misread the bunk situation….he said there would be a bunk free…not a bunk up.

Correct but bunks come with two positions, up or down.
Old 21-02-2022, 10:05   #36
Beacon of light

Yes they do but a bunk up is different to an upper bunk…or at least I think it is.
Who knows these days how language is hijacked for alternative purposes.
taddy likes this.
Old 21-02-2022, 10:38   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Is this woke?

A new central heating system was fitted last Thursday, It lasted 24 hours before going faulty, I contacted the installers, they said it was a new type of boiler and would have to get the makers to call out to repair it.
Finally got a call today telling me they'll be here Wednesday, but here is the woke bit, the lady said 'the engineers reserve the right to work in a smoke free environment', my reply was, 'and I reserve the right to smoke in my own house if I so wish, so as long as your engineer works on the boiler In the cupboard, I won't follow him in with a ciggy lit O.K.?'
my normal routine when I have workers in, is not to smoke where they are working, but I won't be bullied into it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2022, 11:08   #38
Beacon of light

Not sure if it is woke….but I think they have a bloody nerve mentioning it.

I think I would be ringing them back and asking if they could ensure it was an engineer who was a smoker that came out to fix your boiler….that way everyone is happy.
Tell them that a non smoker offends your habits to enjoy a cigarette
dotti34, taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-02-2022, 00:17   #39

If a mother and father are to be known as grown-ups and not mum and dad, are a grandmother or grandfather to be called a grand grown-up and will a great-grandmother/great-grandfather be a a great grand grown-up? (Try saying that three times fast).

Last edited by dotti34; 22-02-2022 at 00:22.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 09:39   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Incidentally Switzerland has a very high percentage of gun ownership, yet very little gun crime, no one there screaming & shouting about mass shootings & the danger of firearms possesion.
after WW2 with all the guns about brought home by service personell there must have been far more guns about in this country than ever before or since. you never heard much about shootings but i know a couple of mates had one and my old man kept his that he used to take out in the black out when starting or finishing work at stupid times. he wasn,t on his own either by all accounts.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 08:37   #41
God Member

another one for you. some woman came onto GB news saying the government should declare a lockdown once a storm is forecast. next it will be coastal areas locked down with high spring tides that just cover the beach.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 23-02-2022, 08:51   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats exactly what i like about -G.B news, it gives both sides of stuff, so you can see what CLOWNS are on the news.
Old 23-02-2022, 09:52   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
another one for you. some woman came onto GB news saying the government should declare a lockdown once a storm is forecast. next it will be coastal areas locked down with high spring tides that just cover the beach.
Why didn't she just demand that a 70 mile exclusion zone be set up around the coast? Surely that would make everyone safe?
Old 23-02-2022, 10:45   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why didn't she just demand that a 70 mile exclusion zone be set up around the coast? Surely that would make everyone safe?
she is the type who will live 1,000 foot above seas level and have loads of sand bags round her solar pannelled property in case the river in the bottom breaks its banks. bet she drives her electric car looking like the lone ranger with her muzzle on with 2 days supply of food and drink in the boot just in case she has a problem en route to waitrose for her organic produce.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 23-02-2022, 10:49   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
with 2 days supply of food and drink in the boot just in case she has a problem en route to waitrose for her organic produce.
I think your wrong there, there will be no room for the food & drink because of the large quantity of toilet rolls stashed in the boot.

Last edited by Less; 23-02-2022 at 10:55.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..